'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: UConn to BE Rumors  (Read 154337 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: UConn to BE Rumors
« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2019, 12:56:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/BIGEAST/status/1143934585241255939
Love the 3.5 entrance fee. That should help pay for Val’s office furniture .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2019, 01:03:56 PM »
Just what we need, another blue color scheme.  Why not add SLU and Memphis while were at it.  This is why we need Dayton.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2019, 01:38:14 PM »
Just read through the AAC general forums regarding this topic and it is laugh out loud funny. It would be something akin to Big East fans comparing the conference to the ACC. There simply is no question which conference is better. But don't tell AAC fans (including ECU and TULANE LMAO), surely their conference is much better than the Big East, and UCONN will regret this decision.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2019, 02:17:45 PM »
Just what we need, another blue color scheme.  Why not add SLU and Memphis while were at it.  This is why we need Dayton.

Dude

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #230 on: June 26, 2019, 02:30:46 PM »

And the THIRD dog mascot. The conference needs more mascot diversity. Flyers would have been a much better choice.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #231 on: June 26, 2019, 02:40:51 PM »

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/bracketiq/2018-02-15/march-madness-why-you-should-always-pick-blue-and-orange

Seems like a good add to me

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2019, 02:42:03 PM »
I can see why Calhoun and Geno never got along. Geno very arrogant.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/27047523/big-east-votes-invite-uconn-rejoin

I dont follow women's basketball at all, but isn't the Big East pretty much a legit mid major in women's basketball? I could see why he wouldn't be that excited. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #233 on: June 26, 2019, 02:44:29 PM »
It's was reported that Geno has made a strong push to leave the AAC for the Big East.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2019, 02:52:50 PM »
I dont follow women's basketball at all, but isn't the Big East pretty much a legit mid major in women's basketball? I could see why he wouldn't be that excited.

Whatever it is, it is a huge improvement from the AAC.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #235 on: June 26, 2019, 03:55:46 PM »
And the THIRD dog mascot. The conference needs more mascot diversity. Flyers would have been a much better choice.

At least not a bulldog.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #236 on: June 26, 2019, 04:20:58 PM »

at least it's not a bulldog. It could have been another bird though:

Birds:
MU - Golden Eagle
SJU - Thurnderbird (but not nickname)
Creighton - Blue Jay

Dogs;
Butler - Bulldog
Gtown - Bulldog (but not nickname)
UConn - Albino Husky

Travesties:
DePaul - Demon like thing

Things people see in their nightmares:
Providence - something from Eyes Wide Shut
Seton Hall - Pirate
Xavier - Musketeer (and Blue Blob. Maybe we should have kept Bleautaux around)
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #237 on: June 26, 2019, 04:52:46 PM »

I would not mind the Duke Blue Devils!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #238 on: June 26, 2019, 07:35:27 PM »
Don't know if this has been posted

https://twitter.com/noescalators/status/1143955459570831361?s=21

UConn's exit fee to leave the Big East is $30 million for its first six years. Then $15 million until year 10. Then $10 million after that.
Goal is National Championship

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2019, 09:35:41 PM »
UConn's exit fee to leave the Big East is $30 million for its first six years. Then $15 million until year 10. Then $10 million after that.

Imagine being in a conference that’s so bad that you pay $10MM to not be in it anymore, then agree to pay three times that to be able to leave the conference that you’re paying another $3.5MM to join a year before you can even compete in it.

Think Val had some leverage??
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 09:38:49 PM by MDMU04 »
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2019, 10:19:11 PM »
Don't know if this has been posted

https://twitter.com/noescalators/status/1143955459570831361?s=21

Unless the other info is wrong, I believe this is incorrect information that has been reported on Twitter.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

DFW HOYA

• Team Captain
« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2019, 10:21:55 PM »
UConn - Albino Husky

I think you mean Siberian husky.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2019, 10:22:46 PM »
Unless the other info is wrong, I believe this is incorrect information that has been reported on Twitter.
There is a lengthy epistle about how much damage they could do by leaving in the country and these are the penalty schedule fees for leaving our league in the future . They are also prohibited from soliciting Power 5 football conferences.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2019, 10:35:22 PM »
There is a lengthy epistle about how much damage they could do by leaving in the country and these are the penalty schedule fees for leaving our league in the future . They are also prohibited from soliciting Power 5 football conferences.

Maybe I misunderstood the original message...thanks
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2019, 07:52:05 AM »

Yes. At its best it was us and Depaul and we lost our coach and like half the team so it's Depaul's conference next year till UConn joins.
Maigh Eo for Sam

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2019, 09:05:59 AM »

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's correct.  Here's the contract.  See Section 2(d).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2019, 09:12:47 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how easily UConn extracts itself from the AAC.  Apparently they must give the AAC 27 months notice.  I'm guessing that the AAC will want more money to release UConn earlier than that, and I'm guessing that UConn will probably pay it.  In the contract with the Big East, if UConn can't negotiate an early release from the AAC, they won't actually start with the Big East until July 1, 2022.  (See Section 3(g).)
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2019, 09:36:06 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how easily UConn extracts itself from the AAC.  Apparently they must give the AAC 27 months notice.  I'm guessing that the AAC will want more money to release UConn earlier than that, and I'm guessing that UConn will probably pay it.  In the contract with the Big East, if UConn can't negotiate an early release from the AAC, they won't actually start with the Big East until July 1, 2022.  (See Section 3(g).)

They didn't pay Kevin Ollie, why would they pay the AAC?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2019, 10:49:12 AM »

FYI, that prohibition is only up to the "Entrance Date".

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2019, 10:52:45 AM »
Just read through the AAC general forums regarding this topic and it is laugh out loud funny. It would be something akin to Big East fans comparing the conference to the ACC. There simply is no question which conference is better. But don't tell AAC fans (including ECU and TULANE LMAO), surely their conference is much better than the Big East, and UCONN will regret this decision.

Where is dayton flyer when they need him?? 😂😂
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.