[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Things I Don't "Get"  (Read 184068 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Things I Don't "Get"
« Reply #375 on: June 14, 2019, 09:04:33 AM »
Disney is now a college course.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/disneyland-fanatics-can-now-take-a-college-course-on-the-theme-park-005459199.html

Not surprised.

My daughter almost went to Grinnell in Iowa, and one of the things that struck us during our visit there was the many "unique" (for lack of better word) course offerings they had. I remember one being about Batman and Superman.

I think many colleges offer these kinds of electives in part to give students something less heavy to deal with than the courses in their majors ... and in part to get people talking about the wacky courses they offer, as the article you linked did.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #376 on: June 14, 2019, 09:17:00 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/disneyland-fanatics-can-now-take-a-college-course-on-the-theme-park-005459199.html

Makes perfect sense, and I mean that in all seriousness.

It's a successful business case.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #377 on: June 14, 2019, 09:46:23 AM »
Makes perfect sense, and I mean that in all seriousness.

It's a successful business case.

UCI is a damn good school too. Ranked 33.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #378 on: June 14, 2019, 10:24:30 AM »

I have a niece that interned at Disney World in the food service side. Anytime one saw an actual rat they used "Mickey's cousin" as code in case a customer overheard them.

I literally don't get hangovers, I sometimes think those that say they suffer from a hangover are psychosomatic .

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:27:18 AM by Waldo Jeffers »

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #379 on: June 14, 2019, 10:35:26 AM »
I literally don't get hangovers, I sometimes think those that say they suffer from a hangover are psychosomatic .

This is a joke, right??

tower912

• All American
« Reply #380 on: June 14, 2019, 10:42:53 AM »

Why wouldn't it be?    They are masters of the theme park as well as the standard for customer service.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #381 on: June 14, 2019, 10:51:17 AM »

This is a joke, right??

No joke, never have had a hangover and that's not from a lack of trying lol.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #382 on: June 14, 2019, 11:55:11 AM »

Guys, I found the Scoop mutant.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #383 on: June 14, 2019, 12:15:10 PM »
I have a niece that interned at Disney World in the food service side. Anytime one saw an actual rat they used "Mickey's cousin" as code in case a customer overheard them.

you have obviously never mixed beer, wine and Jameson all within a few hours.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #384 on: June 14, 2019, 12:16:06 PM »

Although we've never met, I want you to know that I have a deep personal hatred for you. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2019, 12:30:51 PM »
you have obviously never mixed beer, wine and Jameson all within a few hours.

Glow and I have a friend who doesn't get hangovers.

He chooses not to drink because he is afraid that the lack of a "penalty" for overdrinking might get him into trouble.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2019, 01:06:11 PM »

Well, just because you don't get hangovers doesn't mean they aren't real. I have never gotten a rash from poison ivy, but I believe poison ivy -- and the ill effects some suffer -- is real.

I used to get such bad hangovers -- even after only drinking 1 or 2 beers -- that I stopped drinking for 18+ years. During that time, our kids were young and I wanted to be a good role model, and I didn't really miss it, so it wasn't that difficult.

But as the beer got better and I saw how others were enjoying it, including Mrs. 82, I decided that after we moved into our new house in Charlotte in 2011 I'd give it another try. Been enjoying craft malt beverages ever since. Occasional mild hangover if I've had a few, but usually nothing, especially after only 1 or 2.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #387 on: June 14, 2019, 01:38:42 PM »
"The Stand".  Started reading King a couple of years ago, and was pretty much universally told that it was his best work (by far according to some).  Didn't think that is was bad, just doesn't even come close to some of the other stuff he has written over the years.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #388 on: June 14, 2019, 03:02:09 PM »
Well, just because you don't get hangovers doesn't mean they aren't real. I have never gotten a rash from poison ivy, but I believe poison ivy -- and the ill effects some suffer -- is real.

I used to get such bad hangovers -- even after only drinking 1 or 2 beers -- that I stopped drinking for 18+ years. During that time, our kids were young and I wanted to be a good role model, and I didn't really miss it, so it wasn't that difficult.

But as the beer got better and I saw how others were enjoying it, including Mrs. 82, I decided that after we moved into our new house in Charlotte in 2011 I'd give it another try. Been enjoying craft malt beverages ever since. Occasional mild hangover if I've had a few, but usually nothing, especially after only 1 or 2.

The last one I had came from an evening with a wine blogger friend who had to review 6 reds that night and of course, he needed my help. Then we opened up some IPA's and finished some KBS and Old Rasputin. Yeah, the next morning was kind of rough.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #389 on: June 14, 2019, 03:08:15 PM »

He chooses not to drink because he is afraid that the lack of a "penalty" for overdrinking might get him into trouble.

I think I hate that guy more.  I mean someone who squanders a super-power is pretty unlikable right?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #390 on: June 14, 2019, 03:24:41 PM »
"The Stand".  Started reading King a couple of years ago, and was pretty much universally told that it was his best work (by far according to some).  Didn't think that is was bad, just doesn't even come close to some of the other stuff he has written over the years.

I hate all of Stephen King's super-long books.   His short stories and novellas are amazing, though.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 03:27:24 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #391 on: June 14, 2019, 04:12:18 PM »
I think I hate that guy more.  I mean someone who squanders a super-power is pretty unlikable right?

Nope, we like him. And seeing as he is also our attorney, we are completely fine with his decision.
Have some patience, FFS.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #392 on: June 14, 2019, 04:22:19 PM »

So you didn't drink because of fear of bad hangovers or because you were being such a grand role model for your kids? I don't get it.

Another thing I don't get... gender neutral bathrooms with multiple stalls.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #393 on: June 14, 2019, 05:04:30 PM »
So you didn't drink because of fear of bad hangovers or because you were being such a grand role model for your kids? I don't get it.

Another thing I don't get... gender neutral bathrooms with multiple stalls.

Unless the place is brand new and was designed that way, I'd guess that those were probably originally gendered bathrooms but they removed the designation without remodeling them.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #394 on: June 14, 2019, 05:08:41 PM »
"Partyman"?  "Alcohol Avenger"?  What would his name be?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #395 on: June 14, 2019, 05:10:37 PM »

if he doesn't drink, how does he(or you) know that he doesn't get hangovers?  trust me, if he spent a friday and/or a saturday with me over a decade ago, he wouldn't have had a hangover, he would still be drunk, looking for a little hair of the dog.  he didn't get hangovers because he didn't embibe enough and that's not a knock on him.  as a matter of fact, he's a very smart man, imho
don't...don't don't don't don't

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #396 on: June 14, 2019, 06:44:40 PM »
"Partyman"?  "Alcohol Avenger"?  What would his name be?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #397 on: June 14, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »
no satisfaction

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #398 on: June 14, 2019, 08:46:46 PM »
I don't get hangovers and it drives my wife nuts because she use to try to keep up and she'd suffer significantly.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #399 on: June 14, 2019, 09:06:26 PM »
no satisfaction

Pack it up boys, thread is over.  Dad has arrived.

feedback