[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Symir!!! 2019!!!  (Read 38299 times)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Re: Symir!!! 2019!!!
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2019, 10:09:25 AM »
Ludum habemus.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2019, 10:17:58 AM »
Markus being schooled by the Murray St. guard might of been a real eye opener for Markus. I always felt Markus had a great desire to improve his game. It would not surprise me, if he became a better distributor. However, I think Koby will play point and Markus will play a few less minutes this year. He did seem to wear down at end of last year.

This.  Look, last year Markus charged himself with the task of improving his D.  As a Soph, he was willing but largely inept.  Last year he was solid on D, a marked improvement.  Don't think for a moment that Markus isn't working his tail off this summer doing drills that require him to make quick reads, decisions and passes.  Similarly, I assume he's also working hard on his ball handling.  He needs to be near impossible to pick pocket one on one this year.

I also think he's going to spend some time off the ball this season.  We really didn't have any viable options last year, despite what Sam Hauser might think.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2019, 10:31:15 AM »
This.  Look, last year Markus charged himself with the task of improving his D.  As a Soph, he was willing but largely inept.  Last year he was solid on D, a marked improvement.  Don't think for a moment that Markus isn't working his tail off this summer doing drills that require him to make quick reads, decisions and passes.  Similarly, I assume he's also working hard on his ball handling.  He needs to be near impossible to pick pocket one on one this year.

I also think he's going to spend some time off the ball this season.  We really didn't have any viable options last year, despite what Sam Hauser might think.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to take a shot at Sam but I do think the rest of what you wrote makes a lot of sense.  Hope you're right.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2019, 11:46:56 AM »
If Markus can limit his tendency to dribble into trouble down-low he will increase his assist rate and reduce his TO rate. That's my biggest hope for next year for Markus as a PG. It was like watching Jerel McNeal at times with the: Drive into the lane, pick up the ball, look around to pass and get mobbed OR toss up a shot that gets stuck in the trees.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2019, 01:47:34 PM »
I'm not sure why you felt the need to take a shot at Sam but I do think the rest of what you wrote makes a lot of sense.  Hope you're right.

Probably because Sam thought he could be the one to bring the ball up on offense.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2019, 03:59:28 PM »
Probably because Sam thought he could be the one to bring the ball up on offense.

You might be kidding but if you ever watched a SPASH game you'd know that just not the case.  They want the ball to move, that's it.

They ended up going to Hall of Fame coaches.  They didn't go to Iowa, they didn't run to safety at UW.  They ended up at two of the best programs in the country. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2019, 05:05:59 PM »

You're right lens.  That was probably unnecessarily salty.  And I wasn't even drinking.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2019, 06:16:09 PM »
You might be kidding but if you ever watched a SPASH game you'd know that just not the case.  They want the ball to move, that's it.

They ended up going to Hall of Fame coaches.  They didn't go to Iowa, they didn't run to safety at UW.  They ended up at two of the best programs in the country.

What's the deal with you Wisconsin people genuflecting at the altar of Spash academy basketball circa four years ago?

Multiple people on here have now referenced their high school play as if it's the only motivation in the basketball life of the Hauser brothers. It was just high school ball for chrissakes.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2019, 06:34:55 AM »
What's the deal with you Wisconsin people genuflecting at the altar of Spash academy basketball circa four years ago?

Multiple people on here have now referenced their high school play as if it's the only motivation in the basketball life of the Hauser brothers. It was just high school ball for chrissakes.

Because when I watched it I was amazed that I couldn’t tell who Sam, Joey or Trevor was.  All 5 guys looked like the D1 stud.  It was smooth as silk.  Germantown was close.  Next best program I’ve seen.  Just move the ball. That’s all.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2019, 07:05:55 AM »
Because when I watched it I was amazed that I couldn’t tell who Sam, Joey or Trevor was.  All 5 guys looked like the D1 stud.  It was smooth as silk.  Germantown was close.  Next best program I’ve seen.  Just move the ball. That’s all.

This story has a first name
It's O-S-C-A-R
This story has a second name
It's M-A-Y-E-R
Oh I also loved to watch SPASH play
And if you ask me what I'll say
This story certainly has a way
With B-O-L-O-G-N-A

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2019, 11:50:49 AM »

All white guys look the same to you eh?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2019, 12:26:13 PM »
All white guys look the same to you eh?

Hey, that’s wacist.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2019, 01:15:48 PM »
I've been watching high-level basketball for a lot of years and I think I know a great or very good or good or mediocre or bad PG when I see him or her. IMHO, Markus does not have the greatest "PG skills." You apparently disagree. Others probably agree with you while some agree with me.

I think, as Fluffy noted, the position is changing. 4 of the 5 Cousy finalists last year were ball-dominant point guards. Howard, Winston, Morant, & Waters all fit that mold. The year before, it came down to insanely ball dominant Trae Young & lower-but-still-high-usage Jalen Brunson. The majority of guys playing the position want to be Steph Curry & score 25, get 10 assists, and do so while shooting 40% from three.

Is Markus the kind of passer that Morant or Young were? No. His best strengths are definitely on the scoring side. But he still creates for others & does an adequate job running a team. That's why I'm hoping that those duties are more shared this year than they were last year. We likely would've been better last year with a Quentin Grimes alongside Howard, or if Chartouny had been as advertised. But I do think that Markus will still likely be on the ball primarily this year, he will score & create for others, and if Marquette has any success, will again be on the Cousy watchlist.

This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2019, 04:40:12 PM »
I watched SPASH play numerous times. I saw a team with 3 D1 basketball players. Two of them high major.

They didn’t play some special brand of basketball. They isolated guys and backed them down all the time. So let’s not go too far down the “the ball just moved” mantra here.

If the Hausers were frustrated well fine. Hopefully they will find what they’re looking for at their next stops.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2019, 05:33:20 PM »
I watched SPASH play numerous times. I saw a team with 3 D1 basketball players. Two of them high major.

They didn’t play some special brand of basketball. They isolated guys and backed them down all the time. So let’s not go too far down the “the ball just moved” mantra here.

If the Hausers were frustrated well fine. Hopefully they will find what they’re looking for at their next stops.

Agreed.  There were times of beautiful ball movement,  but some people are building it up to mythical proportions.

And when Joey was a junior,  they ran a lot of isolation.

brewnewsman

• Scholarship Player
Re: Symir!!! 2019!!! O@
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2019, 09:35:15 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2019, 11:09:01 PM »
I think, as Fluffy noted, the position is changing. 4 of the 5 Cousy finalists last year were ball-dominant point guards. Howard, Winston, Morant, & Waters all fit that mold. The year before, it came down to insanely ball dominant Trae Young & lower-but-still-high-usage Jalen Brunson. The majority of guys playing the position want to be Steph Curry & score 25, get 10 assists, and do so while shooting 40% from three.

Is Markus the kind of passer that Morant or Young were? No. His best strengths are definitely on the scoring side. But he still creates for others & does an adequate job running a team. That's why I'm hoping that those duties are more shared this year than they were last year. We likely would've been better last year with a Quentin Grimes alongside Howard, or if Chartouny had been as advertised. But I do think that Markus will still likely be on the ball primarily this year, he will score & create for others, and if Marquette has any success, will again be on the Cousy watchlist.

All good points, brewski.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2019, 05:53:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1143249490532610050

Nice to get a look at him ... though, frankly, that was a pass most of us could have made.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2019, 06:09:08 AM »
He is not scrawny.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2019, 10:48:52 AM »
Why is he wearing a sports bra?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2019, 11:58:12 AM »
Nice to get a look at him ... though, frankly, that was a pass most of us could have made.
Only makes the easy passes, hey?
Goal is National Championship

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2019, 12:03:53 PM »
Why is he wearing a sports bra?

It's the harness all the guys wear that collects a bunch of biometrics.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2019, 12:23:34 PM »
Only makes the easy passes, hey?

In this 6-second clip, yes.

feedback