[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Markus and the FCA  (Read 12151 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Markus and the FCA
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2019, 03:15:18 PM »
Proving my point.  Please, educate us all about why you think the treatment given this topic is not worthy of being criticized. Tell us all why you think our team's top player giving a keynote address at the FCA is deserving of ridicule.

Personally, I am strongly opposed philosophically to FCA, even being a former member. FCA believes consuming alcoholic beverages is a sin and is the sign of an impure lifestyle and makes their leaders sign a pledge acknowledging that they will abstain from alcohol consumption for life.  In their eyes, I sin almost daily.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
Re: Marku and the FCA
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2019, 06:03:19 PM »
Hopefully the atheists aren’t pissed off.

I can't speak for all atheists.

This atheist admires any person who tries to make a positive contribution to society.

This atheist has less admiration for those who look down upon any group and who use chicken-shyte, passive-aggressive methods to taunt those who are different than they are.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2019, 06:20:24 PM »
100% not true.  There's a reason I took Islam and Hinduism, two different classes, at Marquette...to broaden my education and belief system. In graduate school at the University of Kansas, that continued with additional education in East Asian Languages and Cultures (my Masters Program), which included courses in Buddhism.  My father didn't belong to any religion until he was in his late 50's when he became a Catholic prior to his death. 

Unfortunately you made an absolutely incorrect statement based on no information about me or my beliefs.
Two Wongs don’t make a White.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2019, 07:12:21 PM »
Personally, I am strongly opposed philosophically to FCA, even being a former member. FCA believes consuming alcoholic beverages is a sin and is the sign of an impure lifestyle and makes their leaders sign a pledge acknowledging that they will abstain from alcohol consumption for life.  In their eyes, I sin almost daily.

why would one sign a pledge to abstain from akahall for life if they may not know they are going to be members of the FCA for life?  hows about one just abstains while they are in the club? if they are still members after say 10 years, hopefully they abided by ALL the things the FCA stipulates to be in good standing; if for life, more of the same

athletes are sposed to abstain from taking performance enhancing drugs, catholic priests are sposed to pledge abstinence from sex, but we all know how some of that ends...maybe all these "extracurricular rules" are meant to be suggestions, kinda like stop signs, eyn'a??? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2019, 07:54:55 PM »

This atheist admires any person who tries to make a positive contribution to society.

This atheist has less admiration for those who look down upon any group and who use chicken-shyte, passive-aggressive methods to taunt those who are different than they are.

Does the atheist use former German leader quotes for chicken-shyte approaches to prove their agenda?  How about specific quotes from church leaders?  Only asking, hard to tell....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2019, 09:47:15 PM »
Does the atheist use former German leader quotes for chicken-shyte approaches to prove their agenda?  How about specific quotes from church leaders?  Only asking, hard to tell....

I can see why you were banned for years ... and surely will be again.

Excellent running from the issue and shifting the goalposts, though. You be you, baby.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2019, 09:51:54 PM »
why would one sign a pledge to abstain from akahall for life if they may not know they are going to be members of the FCA for life?  hows about one just abstains while they are in the club? if they are still members after say 10 years, hopefully they abided by ALL the things the FCA stipulates to be in good standing; if for life, more of the same

athletes are sposed to abstain from taking performance enhancing drugs, catholic priests are sposed to pledge abstinence from sex, but we all know how some of that ends...maybe all these "extracurricular rules" are meant to be suggestions, kinda like stop signs, eyn'a???

The idea is they will be. Here’s one of the questions from the agreement student leaders must sign.

“Have you, or will you at this time commit to living a drug, alcohol and tobacco-free life? ____ Yes ____ No”

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2019, 12:24:15 AM »
They put some good teams together and the religion in my experiences was very soft sell . Most kids don’t even pay attention to what is being said.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2019, 12:32:47 AM »
The idea is they will be. Here’s one of the questions from the agreement student leaders must sign.

“Have you, or will you at this time commit to living a drug, alcohol and tobacco-free life? ____ Yes ____ No”

For all those pledges it always fascinated me that they don't mention caffeine.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2019, 05:45:34 AM »

i'm a firm believer in the al mcguire rules for life method- your education isn't complete until ya drive the taxi cab and tend the bar.  for those who have never stepped just a little outside the lines of life-good on ya.  my experiences have been not how high one stands at the moment, but from where they have ascended from that can make the difference
don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2019, 05:55:35 AM »
i'm a firm believer in the al mcguire rules for life method- your education isn't complete until ya drive the taxi cab and tend the bar.  for those who have never stepped just a little outside the lines of life-good on ya.  my experiences have been not how high one stands at the moment, but from where they have ascended from that can make the difference

Drove Uber and was a bouncer. I'm calling it close enough to his education requirement.

But more seriously, the thought process behind the quote of you can be the most educated person in the world but if you only lived in a bubble it's all for nothing is 100% accurate.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2019, 12:00:40 PM »

I'm with you.  My wife and I ended a relationship with a couple who were in your face Atheists (the wife even wrote a blog post on why it was important for her to immediately identify herself as Atheist to everyone she meets immediately. WTF?  Even as one myself that was uncomfortable and annoying for me. It's no different than a person of faith who tries to shove their beliefs in your face and belittles others for not sharing their belief system.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2019, 12:51:08 PM »
I'm with you.  My wife and I ended a relationship with a couple who were in your face Atheists (the wife even wrote a blog post on why it was important for her to immediately identify herself as Atheist to everyone she meets immediately. WTF?  Even as one myself that was uncomfortable and annoying for me. It's no different than a person of faith who tries to shove their beliefs in your face and belittles others for not sharing their belief system.

In your face anything is a bad look.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »

Yep. We all have a reason for developing our likes, our beliefs, our faith system, etc. Don't try and tell me I'm wrong, especially when it comes to drinking alcohol and eating meat!  ;D

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2019, 03:38:53 PM »

There's a that's what she said joke in here somewhere....
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2019, 04:20:15 PM »

It's your right to not like people who get in your face with their beliefs, but did you have to be so in your face about it?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2019, 12:03:47 AM »
It's your right to not like people who get in your face with their beliefs, but did you have to be so in your face about it?

We said nothing to them, we just “ghosted” them.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2019, 06:15:49 AM »
What about the green bean casserole?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2019, 10:40:56 AM »
What about the green bean casserole?

Desperately wanted a little taste - all gone when I went through the line!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2019, 12:26:35 PM »

Even Poochie?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2019, 03:06:41 PM »
Even Poochie?

lol - exceptions to every rule.