'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Wojo/MU story in The Athletic  (Read 26665 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Wojo/MU story in The Athletic
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2019, 07:58:24 PM »
Sam and Sacar did a nice job handling the basketball in the game at Georgetown, Lenny. No need to make it some kind of Herculian feat. Not sure why Georgetown didn't really challenge them much, but they didn't and I'm glad about that. Much more impressed with Sam's 31 points, his good shooting and his 8 rebs in that game. Also got great contributions from Sacar, Theo and Bailey in that game. I'm not saying that Sam and Sacar didn't do fine with the ball -- in fact, I have said they did multiple times -- just that it wasn't some incredible feat of handling the rock under intense pressure. They did their jobs. Sam almost always did his job, and did it well.

What I like is that in the next 4 games after Markus returned, Sam averaged 21 points and shot incredibly well. Playing alongside Markus didn't stop Sam from getting touches, playing well and helping us win game after game. Indeed, Markus being back and playing well opened things up for Sam (and vice versa).

The season went to shyte in the final minutes of the game at Nova and all of them -- Markus, Sam, Joey, Wojo, all of 'em -- were part of the collapse in the weeks that followed. Starting with that dreadful loss to Creighton in the next game, Sam shot 29 for 76 over the final 3 weeks -- 38%. Markus didn't light it up most of the time, either, and obviously we know that Joey disappeared into the abyss. Plenty of "blame" to go around, and that includes the coach.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2019, 08:45:07 PM »
Sam and Sacar did a nice job handling the basketball in the game at Georgetown, Lenny. No need to make it some kind of Herculian feat. Not sure why Georgetown didn't really challenge them much, but they didn't and I'm glad about that. Much more impressed with Sam's 31 points, his good shooting and his 8 rebs in that game. Also got great contributions from Sacar, Theo and Bailey in that game. I'm not saying that Sam and Sacar didn't do fine with the ball -- in fact, I have said they did multiple times -- just that it wasn't some incredible feat of handling the rock under intense pressure. They did their jobs. Sam almost always did his job, and did it well.

Who ever made it a (sic) "Herculian" feat? Who said it was "an INCREDIBLE feat of handling the rock under INTENSE pressure?

He became our primary ball handler (something heretofore foreign to him) against a man to man defense and he handled that pressure admirably - certainly better than our usual point guards often did. That is all.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2019, 08:57:58 PM »

The season went to shyte in the final minutes of the game at Nova and all of them -- Markus, Sam, Joey, Wojo, all of 'em -- were part of the collapse in the weeks that followed. Starting with that dreadful loss to Creighton in the next game, Sam shot 29 for 76 over the final 3 weeks -- 38%. Markus didn't light it up most of the time, either, and obviously we know that Joey disappeared into the abyss. Plenty of "blame" to go around, and that includes the coach.

So Sam was bad, Joey disappeared into the abyss and Markus "didn't light it up most of the time" during the collapse? Final 7 game numbers from the field - Sam 34-85, 40% efg% 51.2% Joey 20-51, 39.2% efg% 46.1% Markus 47-133, 35.3% efg% 42.8%. Agree there was plenty of blame to go around but let's be honest about it, too.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 09:05:05 PM by Lennys Tap »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2019, 07:16:29 AM »
3.You have harped (wrongly) on this minuscule point in post after post. Weird. How does it feel to have me living inside your brain? Where's Fluffy?
He did the EXACT same thing to me when I pointed out, accurately, that Steve Novak never really developed into anything more than a spot up shooter. And that was fine. He didn’t have to. But Chicos believes if he keeps saying the same things over and over and over again that he will magically become correct. Like when he gets  indignant at the suggestion that he’s got multiple accounts when he’s done it many times over.

By the way, Novak is one of my top 5 favorites  of all time.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2019, 07:25:33 AM »

2. Sam Hauser played the point against Georgetown's man to man defense. Every point that plays against a man to man is by definition "pressured". Not pressed, not doubled, but pressured.

3.You have harped (wrongly) on this minuscule point in post after post. Weird. How does it feel to have me living inside your brain? Where's Fluffy?

He’s right. Your point on #2 is laughable and you just don’t want to admit you were wrong.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2019, 08:07:30 AM »
He did the EXACT same thing to me when I pointed out, accurately, that Steve Novak never really developed into anything more than a spot up shooter. And that was fine. He didn’t have to. But Chicos believes if he keeps saying the same things over and over and over again that he will magically become correct. Like when he gets  indignant at the suggestion that he’s got multiple accounts when he’s done it many times over.

By the way, Novak is one of my top 5 favorites  of all time.

Novak developed a pretty good long 2 game as well.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2019, 10:19:48 AM »
Novak developed a pretty good long 2 game as well.
Novak was awesome! He just couldn’t put it on the floor...but like I said he didn’t have to. Phenomenal career!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2019, 11:59:40 AM »

He’s right. Your point on #2 is laughable and you just don’t want to admit you were wrong.

Was 99.9% sure I was right. Thanks for making it 100%.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2019, 01:40:20 PM »
So Sam was bad, Joey disappeared into the abyss and Markus "didn't light it up most of the time" during the collapse? Final 7 game numbers from the field - Sam 34-85, 40% efg% 51.2% Joey 20-51, 39.2% efg% 46.1% Markus 47-133, 35.3% efg% 42.8%. Agree there was plenty of blame to go around but let's be honest about it, too.

Good stats, Lenny. Thanks. The ones I mentioned are valid too. Like you, I was a big fan of Sam ... when he was a Warrior.

Chicos believes if he keeps saying the same things over and over and over again that he will magically become correct.

It is a favorite ploy of chicos and other poor debaters.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2019, 09:57:53 PM »
Good stats, Lenny. Thanks. The ones I mentioned are valid too. Like you, I was a big fan of Sam ... when he was a Warrior.

It is a favorite ploy of chicos and other poor debaters.

Back in the Dark Ages of the Mike Juno board there was a guy who created several accounts and would actually log in and out of them to post support for his arguments. I thought was the height of weirdness.

Juno caught him and publicly shamed him. I don't remember his name but he was a fixture on Dodds' board after the Dodds Coup.

Makes me think of how Dodds was butt buddies with Juno until he had opportunity to do his own thing. Once he defected from the Juno site, Mike was PNG. Dodds actually deleted any references to other Marquette boards.

Same with IWB - the guy who had more contacts than Bausch and Lomb. When #donedeal set up his own board Dodds cut the guy off.

What a strange f#ck.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2019, 10:35:46 PM »
Back in the Dark Ages of the Mike Juno board there was a guy who created several accounts and would actually log in and out of them to post support for his arguments. I thought was the height of weirdness.

Juno caught him and publicly shamed him. I don't remember his name but he was a fixture on Dodds' board after the Dodds Coup.

Makes me think of how Dodds was butt buddies with Juno until he had opportunity to do his own thing. Once he defected from the Juno site, Mike was PNG. Dodds actually deleted any references to other Marquette boards.

Same with IWB - the guy who had more contacts than Bausch and Lomb. When #donedeal set up his own board Dodds cut the guy off.

What a strange f#ck.
Dodds is a tough task master. When one post's on that board, they cannot stray far from the company line.  Only a handful are allowed to post moderately dissenting opinions.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2019, 10:51:20 PM »
Was 99.9% sure I was right. Thanks for making it 100%.

LOL

Yup, keep swinging there.  It is why so many are calling you out for your pressure comment.  Fluffy and I the same?  LOL.  You may want to read a little posting history there....your paranoia is reaching fever pitch of late.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2019, 12:47:10 AM »
Dodds is a tough task master. When one post's on that board, they cannot stray far from the company line.  Only a handful are allowed to post moderately dissenting opinions.

LOL.    Half that board is people picking fights with Dodds.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2019, 06:53:02 AM »
LOL

Yup, keep swinging there.  It is why so many are calling you out for your pressure comment.  Fluffy and I the same?  LOL.  You may want to read a little posting history there....your paranoia is reaching fever pitch of late.

Read PRN's post. He, I and most others here have you figured out. You're a dishonest debater, always have been. You'll find a supporter here and there - even the most outrageous do. How many of them are merely alter egos I don't know and don't care.

Carry on.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2019, 07:09:28 AM »
Todd Mayo...Jae Crowder

I get a kick out of how it’s ok to admit a  C+ student like Chris Crawford, but it’s “terrible” to admit a D+ student.  What’s the difference?  Both are well below the average MU student. 

Terrible. Lol.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2019, 07:35:18 AM »
Todd Mayo...Jae Crowder

I get a kick out of how it’s ok to admit a  C+ student like Chris Crawford, but it’s “terrible” to admit a D+ student.  What’s the difference?  Both are well below the average MU student. 

Terrible. Lol.

One graduates and the other doesn't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2019, 08:00:34 AM »

Sort of like MUFINY and Gus Ganakas?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2019, 08:09:16 AM »
Todd Mayo...Jae Crowder

Terrible. Lol.

Is that a serious question?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2019, 08:31:51 AM »

Is that a serious question?

yes.  Why is "not quite qualified" better for you that "not qualified"?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2019, 12:25:36 PM »
yes.  Why is "not quite qualified" better for you that "not qualified"?

You asked "what's the difference?" even though the difference between C+ and D+ is quite clear. Not a very good look if you didn't understand that.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2019, 01:56:35 PM »
Lenny, I stopped reading PRN when he said Markus was a cancer.  If ever someone was out of touch.

I realize you think saint Buzz did nothing wrong, but the irony is your boy and the actions of his players and staff put us in the position we are in....yet some of you refuse to assign the blame.  Hilarious.

Meanwhile, I’ll cheer hard for MH as a young man that seemingly we can be proud of. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2019, 02:03:12 PM »
Todd Mayo...Jae Crowder

Terrible. Lol.

C+ student is passing and just slightly under a B.

D+ isn’t evening a passing grade for a major and credits below C don’t transfer at many schools.  Huge difference in my opinion.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2019, 03:12:46 PM »
Dodds is a tough task master. When one post's on that board, they cannot stray far f
rom the company line.  Only a handful are allowed to post moderately dissenting opinions.

dodds still has a board?  I'll be damned.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2019, 03:59:57 PM »
C+ student is passing and just slightly under a B.

D+ isn’t evening a passing grade for a major and credits below C don’t transfer at many schools.  Huge difference in my opinion.

What about a C/D?

panda

• All American
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2019, 04:33:19 PM »
LOL.    Half that board is people picking fights with Dodds.

It is oddly entertaining watching him squirm his way through his canned excuses over and over again.