[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Michigan has a basketball coach opening  (Read 7472 times)

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
Re: Michigan has a basketball coach opening
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2019, 01:01:35 AM »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 01:04:07 AM by Jon »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2019, 06:31:16 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lRj-e5OO2Og" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/embed/lRj-e5OO2Og</a>

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/lRj-e5OO2Og" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/lRj-e5OO2Og</a>

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2019, 08:49:47 AM »
Uncle Ed Martin is smiling somewhere at this hire
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2019, 11:24:48 AM »
Off the top of my head ...

Draymond Green
Andre Iguodala
Mike Conley
Marvin Williams
Malcolm Brogdan
Jeremy Lin
And what the heck ... why not Jimmy Butler?

Brogdon has been so damn impressive.  When he's ready to hang it up one day, he's got a future in some kind of leadership role waiting for him, in basketball or otherwise. 

I would add Channing Frye, Patty Mills and Dirk to the list of guys I think we might see on NBA benches.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2019, 12:15:19 PM »
Brogdon has been so damn impressive.  When he's ready to hang it up one day, he's got a future in some kind of leadership role waiting for him, in basketball or otherwise. 

I would add Channing Frye, Patty Mills and Dirk to the list of guys I think we might see on NBA benches.

Dirk just had an interview where he said he's put on 15 lbs since retiring.  Dude just put in one of the longest NBA careers of all time and made a quarter billion in career earnings.  He had been playing professionally since he was 16.  He has 3 kids under 7, I would be surprised if he has interest in the rigors of assistant coaching.  I could see him in the Mavs FO, but thats about it.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2019, 12:21:23 PM »
I don’t know if either are active but Jason Terry and Jared Dudley are two guys that could turn into at least assistant coaches. They seemed like great leaders in the locker room with the Bucks.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2019, 06:58:33 PM »
Agree
Jason Terry
Mike Conley
Shane Battier
Not JB ...too single minded and pushy with peers...team wont follow him as coach, but
Maybe Travis Diener ...played smart .....coaching legacy
Steve Nash
Cris Paul
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Alex Smith
Marcus Marriota
Manu Ginnobli
Peyton Manning
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2019, 11:05:29 PM »
Maybe the hiring of juwan was why the doogies are re-contemplating where to transfer🤷🏼‍♂️😅
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2019, 06:29:33 AM »
Those predicting failure for Juwan Howard should note that he apparently has hired Phil Martelli as assistant. Martelli, fired after 20+ years at St. Joseph's, is exactly the kind of experienced, successful hand many Scoopers want Wojo to hire.

https://gbmwolverine.com/2019/05/31/michigan-basketball-reports-saying-phil-martelli-is-joining-juward-howard/
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2019, 08:16:42 PM »
Those predicting failure for Juwan Howard should note that he apparently has hired Phil Martelli as assistant. Martelli, fired after 20+ years at St. Joseph's, is exactly the kind of experienced, successful hand many Scoopers want Wojo to hire.

https://gbmwolverine.com/2019/05/31/michigan-basketball-reports-saying-phil-martelli-is-joining-juward-howard/
I am in the camp that is bullish on Juwan Howards prospects.  D Wade and Lebron both endorse him highly.  Hiring Martelli was a shrwed move.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2019, 09:48:14 PM »
I am in the camp that is bullish on Juwan Howards prospects.  D Wade and Lebron both endorse him highly.  Hiring Martelli was a shrwed move.

Not sure why the knee-jerk reaction to Juwann's hire was "he'll fail." I think he'll do well.

Look at that ... we agree on a few things!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2020, 01:07:34 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.