[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by PointWarrior
[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020 NFL Draft  (Read 1198 times)

tower912

• All American
2020 NFL Draft
« on: February 18, 2020, 02:08:01 PM »
I don't know what the Lions are going to do at 3.    It is my hope they either keep the pick and draft defense or trade down for several high picks and... draft defense.    Quinn and Patricia have reportedly been given a win-or-else ultimatum for this upcoming season.   I don't see how drafting Tua helps them meet that.     However, it is the Lions, so therefore here is my prediction...

Whatever the Lions decide, it will be wrong.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
Re: 2020 NFL Draft
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 02:28:14 PM »
I don't know what the Lions are going to do at 3.    It is my hope they either keep the pick and draft defense or trade down for several high picks and... draft defense.    Quinn and Patricia have reportedly been given a win-or-else ultimatum for this upcoming season.   I don't see how drafting Tua helps them meet that.     However, it is the Lions, so therefore here is my prediction...

Take heart, it's silly season in the NFL.
The Lions likely are trying to bait a Tua-loving team to move up to get him, allowing them to either move down for more picks  ... or get someone to move up to #2, leaving Chase Young for them at #3.
Just like the Dolphins' supposed interest in Justin Herbert is them trying to convince Tua-loving teams that he'll slip past #5.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 02:39:20 PM by Pakuni »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 02:37:21 PM »

They should get a nice haul for that pick if Washington stands pat.  Tua-fever will be real.  But you’re right, the Lions will screw up and pick a WR or something
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 11:30:07 AM »
Take heart, it's silly season in the NFL.
The Lions likely are trying to bait a Tua-loving team to move up to get him, allowing them to either move down for more picks  ... or get someone to move up to #2, leaving Chase Young for them at #3.
Just like the Dolphins' supposed interest in Justin Herbert is them trying to convince Tua-loving teams that he'll slip past #5.

Yep.  The Dolphins winning 3 of their last 5 is going to prove expensive, draft capital-wise.  I hate dumb, inefficient trades and roster moves in the NFL, but this draft has been two years in the making for Miami.  If Tua is the one, I hope they don't get cute and they just pay what it takes to move up to ensure they get him.

The rest of the league subsidize Miami's cost to move up as a thank you for knocking New England out of the 2 seed, and kneecapping their super bowl chances.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 12:25:00 PM »
I would love for Detroit to hold Miami hostage for the #3 pick.   And, after getting a king's ransom for it, I hope they don't screw up all of those extra picks. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback