[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hypothetical...Dwade  (Read 6624 times)

muguru

• All American
Hypothetical...Dwade
« on: May 10, 2019, 10:59:14 PM »
In order to try to get things back on track..I was pondering this today(sure most of you will say it's a stupid idea, because I thought of it) Hypothetically speaking, if you could convince him to do it...wouldn't it be a no brainer for Wojo to hire Dwade as an assistant Coach?? Sure, he has never Coached before, but honestly, who cares..Can you imagine the influence he would have on current players just being on the bench every game?? And most importantly, the impact he would have on recruiting?? Imagine a HS kid having an in home visit with the MU Coaching staff and one of them is Dwade..how in the hell does a kid tell him no?? I surmise, it would take MU's recruiting to the next level. And I honestly salivate at the thought of how it could elevate the program, and recruiting. I'd be shocked if Wojo wasn't landing more 5 stars then anyone could have ever thought possible.

If I'm a HS kid and Dwade is standing in my living room asking me for my commitment, I'm not saying no, that's for sure.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUUWUWM

• All American
Re: Hypothetical...Dwade
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 11:01:25 PM »
He isn't moving to Milwaukee!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 11:08:57 PM »
He isn't moving to Milwaukee!

He doesn't have to! He can fly in on game days, then fly home...and make specific recruiting trips. Win-Win!  :)

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 11:10:37 PM »
In order to try to get things back on track..I was pondering this today(sure most of you will say it's a stupid idea, because I thought of it) Hypothetically speaking, if you could convince him to do it...wouldn't it be a no brainer for Wojo to hire Dwade as an assistant Coach?? Sure, he has never Coached before, but honestly, who cares..Can you imagine the influence he would have on current players just being on the bench every game?? And most importantly, the impact he would have on recruiting?? Imagine a HS kid having an in home visit with the MU Coaching staff and one of them is Dwade..how in the hell does a kid tell him no?? I surmise, it would take MU's recruiting to the next level. And I honestly salivate at the thought of how it could elevate the program, and recruiting. I'd be shocked if Wojo wasn't landing more 5 stars then anyone could have ever thought possible.

If I'm a HS kid and Dwade is standing in my living room asking me for my commitment, I'm not saying no, that's for sure.
We can get the equivalent by signing his son Zaire. D Wade will become the face of the program and the de facto Chairman.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 11:12:07 PM »
If he was interested in being an assistant and doing all the work that comes along with being an assistant,  sure I'd consider it. Could definitely help on the recruiting trail.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 11:15:18 PM »
If he was interested in being an assistant and doing all the work that comes along with being an assistant,  sure I'd consider it. Could definitely help on the recruiting trail.

I'd say give him special treatment...just let him go on recruiting trips and on the bench during games. I'm sure the other Coaches wouldn't mind if he was pulling in top talent repeatedly.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 11:19:35 PM »
I'd say give him special treatment...just let him go on recruiting trips and on the bench during games. I'm sure the other Coaches wouldn't mind if he was pulling in top talent repeatedly.

No. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Also, why would a kid sign up to be coached by DWade...if DWade wasn't actually going to do any coaching.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 11:59:49 PM »

And UNC could use Jordan.  And Duke any number of guys.  So on and so forth.  Why on earth is this a good idea when the elite schools stay elite as they have the players by the droves to do the same thing....of course non of them are foolish enough to entertain the idea.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 12:08:52 AM »
No. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Also, why would a kid sign up to be coached by DWade...if DWade wasn't actually going to do any coaching.
Coaching....mentoring...counseling....It's the same thing and I think it is a great idea.

But realistically, DWade3 has a lot on his plate. But a fantastic idea. Sure you'd do it.

But I think Coach Wojo would not want to undermine his assistants so I can see why this might be a recipe for some fallout...as well.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 12:48:55 AM »
I don't think a guy who reportedly has a net worth of $120 million dollars would be interested in becoming an assistant college basketball coach!  ::)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 01:30:23 AM »

This. If he's all in as an assistant, sure. More likely, if he did want to coach, it'd be closer to the Penny route, building an AAU program and cutting his teeth there. (And I know Penny's story is much more than that.)

You are limited in the number of assistants you can have. We don't have room for one to be a show piece that doesn't actually do any of the work.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 04:26:46 AM »
Or maybe make Bo Ellis head coach.
Or get Doc to come back - at least he has coaching experience.

Not very many players have it in them to coach.  The Mullin experiment didn't work.  We'll see if the GTown experiment works.  Wojo ranks #6 as a player of the NCAA tourney coaches:  http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26292605/ranking-2019-ncaa-tournament-coaches-players-1-68
... and while he was a decent NCAA player, he wasn't really a pro for long.  In fact only 4 played in NBA!

My point is, while it's a long shot that he'd do it, it's a longer shot that it would work.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2019, 06:55:17 AM »
Or maybe make Bo Ellis head coach.
Or get Doc to come back - at least he has coaching experience.

Bo Ellis was head coach at Chicago State for a few years.

That did not end well.

I'd like Bo back coaching centers. I also think if there was an assistant coach opening and Bo wanted back in, he would be an enormous asset to our program. But keep in mind, Bo is 63 and I guess my question would be whether he'd be excited about the demands assistant coaching and recruiting would require at this point in his life.

Bo is an incredible ambassador for all things Marquette.

As to Dwade, you'd have to want to coach badly to leave a Miami mansion in winter for Milwaukee!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2019, 09:05:12 AM »

Or we can dig up Al McGuire and get a hair sample and clone him.  There are probably some Catholic guidelines that would frown on that and might preclude Marquette from hiring a clone but it’s worth considering
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2019, 09:22:17 AM »
Or we can dig up Al McGuire and get a hair sample and clone him.  There are probably some Catholic guidelines that would frown on that and might preclude Marquette from hiring a clone but it’s worth considering

The only answer the original post deserves.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 09:14:46 PM »
fanciful nonsense

mug644

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2019, 07:27:51 AM »
Let’s get DWade on the MU alum TBT team first, and go from there.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 09:06:51 AM »
Let’s get DWade on the MU alum TBT team first, and go from there.
Teal right?
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 09:16:56 AM »
On the coaching, he has been asked on twitter and his response has been that he has no interest to coach at any level or position because:

1) He does not have the time it requires
2) He does not have the necessary patience to deal with players
Goal is National Championship

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2019, 01:49:09 PM »
On the coaching, he has been asked on twitter and his response has been that he has no interest to coach at any level or position because:

1) He does not have the time it requires
2) He does not have the necessary patience to deal with players

Yeah unless guys like Matthews butler and Crowder are gonna play I'd highly doubt he'd have that patience. Maybe seasoned guys like deiner and Novak but even then without NBA shape he may get frustrated
Maigh Eo for Sam

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2019, 02:12:58 PM »
I don't think a guy who reportedly has a net worth of $120 million dollars would be interested in becoming an assistant college basketball coach!  ::)

Jason Kidd is worth plenty and has shown a passion for coaching and coup attempts maybe he and the Hausers should team up

mug644

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2019, 03:10:28 PM »
Teal right?

Shouldn’t be necessary.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2019, 03:23:52 PM »
It is a hypothetical.  Fun dream.  Won't ever happen, bit it does no harm and so far it isn't a screaming match.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2019, 03:44:35 PM »
Yeah unless guys like Matthews butler and Crowder are gonna play I'd highly doubt he'd have that patience. Maybe seasoned guys like deiner and Novak but even then without NBA shape he may get frustrated

The post you quoted was about why he wouldn’t coach.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2019, 08:41:23 PM »

As long as the source body was dead, just call it a resurrection and I’m sure it’ll be kosher with MU.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2019, 12:18:18 PM »
Dwade will be on NBA on TNT within a year or two guaranteed, either that or one of the other nationally televised NBA productions

feedback