'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: CBS SPORTS REACHES MULTI-YEAR AGREEMENT TO AIR BIG EAST  (Read 10451 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
CBS is going to broadcast 20 men's basketball Big East games per season through 2024-'25. At least two appearances for each team. Up to four games on CBS per season, rest on CBSSN.

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-sports/releases/view?id=52629
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:47:28 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: CBS SPORTS REACHES MULTI-YEAR AGREEMENT TO AIR BIG EAST
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 09:49:06 AM »
So much for hoops-first conferences not being able to compete with the big state schools.

Val was an A+ hire for the BE.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 09:50:11 AM »
Uh... 4 games on the real network, 16 buried on the milk carton that is CBS Sports Net, I'm not sure I see this as wonderful news.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 09:51:24 AM »
Eh. It is good news I guess, as long as games aren't moving from FS1/FS2 to CBSSSN, and these are all games that otherwise wouldn't be aired beyond regional networks.

FS1 (84 million households) is way more prevalent in cable packages than CBSSN (61 million households). I believe FS2 and CBSSN have about the same reach. I do not get CBSSN in my package, but I get FS1 and FS2.

Games on the big CBS would definitely be good news. But "up to" 4 per season doesn't mean much. Just means they have the rights to air them. Doesn't mean they will. Could just be a defensive play to keep FOX from airing them.

I'm also curious about the financials of the deal.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:56:57 AM by Coleman »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 09:54:24 AM »
Uh... 4 games on the real network, 16 buried on the milk carton that is CBS Sports Net, I'm not sure I see this as wonderful news.
Playing on a different networks gets other national media to cover your product.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 09:58:24 AM »
Eh. It is good news I guess, as long as games aren't moving from FS1/FS2 to CBSSSN, and these are all games that otherwise wouldn't be aired beyond regional networks.

FS1 and FS2 are way more prevalent in cable packages than CBSSN. I do not get CBSSN in my package, but I get FS1 and FS2.

Games on the big CBS would definitely be good news. But "up to" 4 per season doesn't mean much. Just means they have the rights to air them. Doesn't mean they will. Could just be a defensive play to keep FOX from airing them.
CBSSN is much higher profile than FS2. Get CBSSN, that's on you! Great network!
Game on what networks always come out when the schedule comes out. So, things don't switch. Last, CBS has aired 2 games in the past. Now, it's 4. So, yes, that is a great thing!!
-Bill Walton

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 09:59:06 AM »
CBSSN is much higher profile than FS2.

Eh. I don't think so. I think the national hierarchy in terms of reach and prestige (not including regional sports networks) is kinda like this

ESPN (first tier)
ESPN2 - FS1 (second tier)
FS2 - CBSSN (third tier)

I'm not saying what I like best. I hate ESPN. But this is reality.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 10:02:01 AM by Coleman »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 10:00:43 AM »
Eh. I don't think so.
What has FS2 shown that has been higher profiles than CBSSN?
-Bill Walton

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 10:09:58 AM »
Playing on a different networks gets other national media to cover your product.

I don't think that matters much in this day and age.

Anyway, it's not bad news in the least.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 10:13:28 AM »
I don't think that matters much in this day and age.

For how much I watch and how many hours of Sirius XM I listen to. Trust me, it's matters! I will not debate how much. People can have their own thoughts on that.
-Bill Walton

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 10:20:06 AM »
For how much I watch and how many hours of Sirius XM I listen to. Trust me, it's matters! I will not debate how much. People can have their own thoughts on that.

My point is that I don't think national media coverage matters very much. If you win, you're covered.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 10:24:54 AM »
My point is that I don't think national media coverage matters very much. If you win, you're covered.
See, I don't think that is true. It should be!
-Bill Walton

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 11:47:15 AM »
Guess this just means more games that I'll be scouring the depths of Reddit to find a stream. Not good news.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 11:51:21 AM »
Guess this just means more games that I'll be scouring the depths of Reddit to find a stream. Not good news.
News is fine. Just get the network.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:00:25 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 12:03:14 PM »
So the Big East will have games aired on both the FOX and CBS mother-ship stations.  Nice!

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 12:40:15 PM »
Man you guys are old  ... the thinking in this thread is so dated it is embarrassing.

See the Cubs in Chicago, are they second class?  This season their games can be found on CSN, CSN+, WGN, WLS, Fox, ESPN and ESPN2.

Is the NCAA championship second class?  It is on TNT.

Welcome to 2019 where your games are on any one of 12 different channel.

Go see cord cutting thread on the superbar. All the "top tier" channels are collapsing as subscribers leave by the millions. Cable is entering its last years before it goes away and replaced by streaming. In the future the top tier will be the FAANGS (Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix or Google).

Enjoy your warm milk and make sure your depends are on tight.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 12:56:39 PM »
Man you guys are old  ... the thinking in this thread is so dated it is embarrassing.

See the Cubs in Chicago, are they second class?  This season their games can be found on CSN, CSN+, WGN, WLS, Fox, ESPN and ESPN2.

Is the NCAA championship second class?  It is on TNT.

Welcome to 2019 where your games are on any one of 12 different channel.

Go see cord cutting thread on the superbar. All the "top tier" channels are collapsing as subscribers leave by the millions. Cable is entering its last years before it goes away and replaced by streaming. In the future the top tier will be the FAANGS (Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix or Google).

Enjoy your warm milk and make sure your depends are on tight.

1. Regional sports networks are a different breed.
2. TNT is not a sports network.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 01:02:37 PM »
More Pete Gillen is a bad thing.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 01:03:57 PM »
1. Regional sports networks are a different breed.
2. TNT is not a sports network.

And the national sports networks are bleeding subscribers are dying.  Using appearances on these dinosaurs as a way to say your conference matters really says you are old and out of touch.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 01:09:35 PM »
And the national sports networks are bleeding subscribers are dying.  Using appearances on these dinosaurs as a way to say your conference matters really says you are old and out of touch.

Ok, lol

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 02:03:56 PM »
CBS is going to broadcast 20 men's basketball Big East games per season through 2024-'25. At least two appearances for each team. Up to four games on CBS per season, rest on CBSSN.

That is excellent news. Increases Big East exposure on the Broadcast Network and keeps us on a good platform with solid production values for the other games. On the nights the league has multiple games this relationship is very helpful.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 02:13:01 PM »
If I recall, MU played two games on CBSSN last year that were good games.
Don't know if this had anything to do with the CBS contract.  But it appears they believe the Big East is high quality basketball.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 02:23:40 PM »
Don't know if this had anything to do with the CBS contract.  But it appears they believe the Big East is high quality basketball.

Better than the old BE days when we had numerous games on ESPN3

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 02:27:10 PM »
Look, a lot depends on how good the Big East is and how appealing the match-ups will be.

A Butler/DePaul game from last year won't make CBS no matter what. Period. That a CBSSN-18000 game that's only marginally better than a Wyoming High School game.

If we have four or five teams in the Top 40 (i.e., Marquette, Villanova, St. John's, Seton Hall and  Georgetown), most of which are in attractive television markets, we'll be fine and it will be a great deal.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 03:23:40 PM »

You may want to read Disney’s earnings call from yesterday. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 03:35:07 PM »

Yup, and had to hunt up a stream for both. +1 to the "great, I get to hunt for a stream on Reddit" which is no doubt exactly what CBS wants when they pay for rights.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2019, 03:42:49 PM »
There is no way I can get cbssn
Goal is National Championship

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2019, 07:14:01 PM »

Chili can stream it and then share his screen with you on WebEx.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 07:44:33 PM »
You may want to read Disney’s earnings call from yesterday.

yes, ESPN is bleeding out and that was papered over by theme park attendance and movies.

brewnewsman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 08:35:51 PM »
The take from Sports Business Journal:

Fox Sports has extended an agreement to sublicense 20 Big East basketball games to CBS Sports annually through 2024-2025, with up to four predetermined matchups on the broadcast network and several more on the CBS Sports Network cable TV outlet. The same deal has existed over the last seven seasons. It's good extra exposure for the Big East, as CBS draws a much bigger audience for its hoops telecasts. Last season, SBJ's Austin Karp reported that the average for college hoops on CBS was nearly 650,000 viewers higher than what Fox averaged.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 09:01:26 PM »

Never seen someone go to bat so hard for....cbssn. Do you get a cut for the ratings, Mr. Nielsen.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 09:23:46 PM »
Look, a lot depends on how good the Big East is and how appealing the match-ups will be.

A Butler/DePaul game from last year won't make CBS no matter what. Period. That a CBSSN-18000 game that's only marginally better than a Wyoming High School game.

If we have four or five teams in the Top 40 (i.e., Marquette, Villanova, St. John's, Seton Hall and  Georgetown), most of which are in attractive television markets, we'll be fine and it will be a great deal.
CBS likes the deal because they can cherry pick some Villanova games against quality opponents and frequently Georgetown and The Johnnies have decent non conference match ups. Pretty much a no brainer by limiting the games on the Broadcast network. Also Fox benefits because they are getting some decent eyeballs for the conference teams that will hopefully translate into more viewership down the road for their Fox branded broadcasts.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 10:27:18 PM »
Never seen someone go to bat so hard for....cbssn. Do you get a cut for the ratings, Mr. Nielsen.
Nope. Just weird that some freak out on something they won't buy or haven't seen.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 10:35:03 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2019, 12:36:19 PM »
So, this is a sublicense agreement between CBS Sports and Fox.  That means Fox is selling off some of it's games, and no new money flowing into the conference.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2019, 08:32:52 PM »
yes, ESPN is bleeding out and that was papered over by theme park attendance and movies.

The other thread wasn't enough for this stuff? Maybe stick it in one of the Hauser threads, too!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2019, 08:58:13 PM »
So, this is a sublicense agreement between CBS Sports and Fox.  That means Fox is selling off some of it's games, and no new money flowing into the conference.
The value in this deal is that a long time partner renewed . They expanded their participation in the national broadcast segment which is very helpful to the league. Also their cable network reaches a decent amount of households.  Continues to keep The Big East exposure up.
                       ---Al McGuire

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2019, 08:14:09 AM »
Nope. Just weird that some freak out on something they won't buy or haven't seen.

I have seen it, and I've found that CBSSN sends the D-squad production crew and on air talent. It's a lower tier sports  channel, which makes sense because it is in obscure cable packages. It gets commensurately low viewership, so why throw resources at the production?

I guess, whatever man because it's always a jolly roger stream away and that's better than nothing, but let's not pretend that CBSSN is going to threatening to sweep the emmys or something.

Big East games on CBS proper = good.

Big East games on CBSSN < Big East games on FS1

It's not that complicated.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2019, 08:23:50 AM »
I'm not sure what I'm pretending. It's a network (CBSSN) that only gets 16 games. While it's excellent that 4 are going to CBS. The production is the same as CBS. Andrew Catalon and Steve Lappas who is a tourament crew does games on CBSSN. So, hardly a D crew. Studio guys Zucker, Davis, Rothstein, Parrish, etc is pretty good. Also, a freshing change from the talking points on ESPN.

Your correct, It's not that complicated. That was my point.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:27:42 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2019, 08:47:27 AM »

You need to move to 'Merica. 👍🏻😉🇺🇸

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2019, 12:01:13 PM »
It's interesting that the article only mentions the length of the deal, not any dollar amount. Also, that CBS is sub-licensing these games from Fox.

It just so happens that earlier this week, Fox Corp. announced that profits are up 16% year-over-year -- exceeding analyst expectations for the first quarter. Fox Sports was one of the biggest earnings drivers.

What this suggests to me is that the Big East has been successful enough for Fox that CBS wanted in on the deal. And that CBS likely offered more for the Big East games than what Fox is currently paying. If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, that sounds like good news for the Big East.

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/fox-corp-impresses-with-strong-first-quarterly-earnings-report-1203209254/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:44:36 PM by Marcus92 »
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2019, 01:44:00 PM »
It's interesting that the article only mentions the length of the deal, not any dollar amount. Also, that CBS is sub-licensing these games from Fox.

Not really. The last sub-licensing deal from FOX to CBS for the Big East Conference didn't list dollar amounts. Also, other ESPN events sub-licensing deals to CBSSN don't list dollar amounts.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 01:45:57 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2019, 10:56:41 AM »
Chili can stream it and then share his screen with you on WebEx.
I meant legally  :P
Goal is National Championship

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2019, 08:36:29 AM »

Which is my whole point. It isn't available for like 50% of the country unless you want to shell out big bucks for basically every channel.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2019, 08:37:37 AM »

Right...and sub licensing it to a lower tier network (CBSSN)....this is not good news

BigEast sees no new money...and more of its games are moved to a network no one watches.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 08:39:42 AM by Coleman »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2019, 08:42:01 AM »
Subscriber fee x homes that carry the channel

1. ESPN $6.61 x 94.5 million homes = $7.5 billion

2. NFL Network $1.31 x 73.6 million homes = $1.16 billion

3. FS1 .99 x 91.2 million homes = $1.08 billion

4. ESPN2 .83 x 94.5 million hiomes = $941.2 million

5. SEC Network .66 x 69.1 million homes = $547.3 million

6. Golf Channel .35 x 79.4 million homes = $332.2 million

7. NBC Sports Network .30 x 83.1 million homes = $299 million

8. Big Ten Network .39 x 62 million homes = $290.2 million

9. MLB Network .26 x 71.3 million homes = $222.5 million

10. FS2 .28 x 64 million homes = $215 million

11. NBA TV .29 x 57.2 million homes = $199 million

12. ESPNU .22 x 74.9 million homes = $198 million

13. CBS Sports Network .26 x 61 million homes = $190.3 million

14. NHL Network .32 x 37.4 million homes = $143.6 million

15. Pac 12 Network .39 x 12.3 million homes = $57.6 million

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2019, 08:52:24 AM »
It's the same deal as it was for the most part for FOX Sports. 16 games to CBSSN.(Old deal was 20 to 30 games on CBSSN) Yet, CBS coverage gets doubled to 4 games. That a great thing! If FOX Sports can't sell some of it's product off, that would be bad news for the Big East. Since, other networks in this case CBS/CBSSN wants to buy Big East games from FOX Sports, that is good news for the Big East Conference.
-Bill Walton

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2019, 08:54:19 AM »
Yet, CBS coverage gets doubled to 4 games.

"Up to" 4 games. Remains to be seen how many actually make it on CBS. Will certainly depend on the strength of the conference. If we actually get 4 games on CBS, then that is a good thing. We are in agreement on that piece of the deal. But it is not a sure thing.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2019, 08:57:16 AM »
"Up to" 4 games. Remains to be seen how many actually make it on CBS. Will certainly depend on the strength of the conference. If we actually get 4 games on CBS, then that is a good thing. We are in agreement on that piece of the deal. But it is not a sure thing.

Max is 4 games. 4 games will be on CBS. Nothing remains to be seen. It's a sure thing! In all years past the 2 games have been on CBS.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 08:59:01 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2019, 08:58:44 AM »
Max is 4 games. 4 games will be on CBS. Nothing remains to be seen. Sure thing! In all years past the 2 games have been on CBS.

Your own link in the beginning of the thread:

"CBS Sports will broadcast up to four games per season with the remainder airing on CBS Sports Network."

Am I missing something?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2019, 09:00:15 AM »
Your own link in the beginning of the thread:

"CBS Sports will broadcast up to four games per season with the remainder airing on CBS Sports Network."

Am I missing something?
Nope. 16 games will be on CBSSN and 4 on CBS. Total of 20 games. That is less games, than the old deal. I can see in how you can read it different in the presser.
-Bill Walton

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2019, 11:12:41 AM »
It's the same deal as it was for the most part for FOX Sports. 16 games to CBSSN.(Old deal was 20 to 30 games on CBSSN) Yet, CBS coverage gets doubled to 4 games. That a great thing! If FOX Sports can't sell some of it's product off, that would be bad news for the Big East. Since, other networks in this case CBS/CBSSN wants to buy Big East games from FOX Sports, that is good news for the Big East Conference.
The point you are making about Fox selling off inventory is a very good one. The fact that they can sell off product on good terms is a solid endorsement for the conference .  CBS needs product at certain times and this tells us that Big East is a decent draw to fill their needs.

As far as the value in the cable channel, Fox also sells off games to people like YES. I prefer CBSSN because they play the games live. Sometimes the YES games are on tape delay. Also we get the benefit of their CBS marketing and plenty of good research reports by guys like Matt Norlander.
                       ---Al McGuire

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2019, 11:37:45 AM »
Why bother writing "up to" if that doesn't mean "as many as 4 but possibly fewer than 4" ?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2019, 11:44:45 AM »
Why bother writing "up to" if that doesn't mean "as many as 4 but possibly fewer than 4" ?
They paid for the right to put up to 4 games on the broadcast network. The price to put the games on the Broadcast Network is materially higher than the price to put games on the cable network. So theoretically CBS could opt not to use that broadcast inventory, but it would be done at a significant loss, which is not likely to happen. 
                       ---Al McGuire

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2019, 12:22:25 PM »
They paid for the right to put up to 4 games on the broadcast network. The price to put the games on the Broadcast Network is materially higher than the price to put games on the cable network. So theoretically CBS could opt not to use that broadcast inventory, but it would be done at a significant loss, which is not likely to happen.

CBS is only going to air games that are going to draw eyeballs.

If the Big East is down, they are going to air other college basketball games they have rights to. It is NOT guaranteed they will air all 4 games.

We don't even know the financial terms of the sub license. They could have got these games for a song. So I don't know how you can assume it would be a "significant" loss to CBS not to air them.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:24:19 PM by Coleman »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2019, 12:41:21 PM »

If the Big East is down, they are going to air other college basketball games they have rights to. It is NOT guaranteed they will air all 4 games.

We don't even know the financial terms of the sub license. They could have got these games for a song. So I don't know how you can assume it would be a "significant" loss to CBS not to air them.
This is an extension of a contract that has gone back to prior to the formation of this iteration of the Big East.  So CBS has a good view to what the eyeballs are.  So CBS paid to up their broadcast rights from two to four as they believe there is support  for four games worth of  product in the market. That is how these things work. Fox is not in the business of laying off their inventory at a loss either. 

Bottom line is Villanova is a desirable team to put on their network. There are also some non conference match ups such as  Syracuse versus Georgetown that will fall under this program.

CBS looks to promote all teams in the country in the build up to their NCAA coverage. So that factors into this relationship as well. Given that The Big East has proven to be a  large multiple biid league it make sense for them to have some exposure.
                       ---Al McGuire

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2019, 01:37:41 PM »

This isn't college football where the networks pick their games 13 to 6 days before. The college basketball schedules come out in September and those networks are set. Stuff doesn't get flexed to another network.

-Bill Walton

panda

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2019, 02:03:58 PM »
Warning Rant

CBSSN STINKS...End rant

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2019, 12:56:12 PM »
Eh. I don't think so. I think the national hierarchy in terms of reach and prestige (not including regional sports networks) is kinda like this

ESPN (first tier)
ESPN2 - FS1 (second tier)
FS2 - CBSSN (third tier)

I'm not saying what I like best. I hate ESPN. But this is reality.

Fs1 blew past ESPN2 in viewership ahead of schedule, and hit half of ESPN's viewership way ahead of schedule. I wouldn't put ESPN2 on the same line with fox sports 1 anymore.

I like being I. The CBS system because you get more talk and more highlights on the big CBS.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.