Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Seat Donations and Reseating  (Read 11951 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Seat Donations and Reseating
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2019, 10:31:49 AM »
I'm 5:52 pm on the 26th. I was right around the 50th percentile, maybe just above that with my small donation last week. So based on that, half the STHs will pick from June 10-26, the other half will pick from June 27-28. I get that you want to cater to the big donors, but that seems like some insane rapid fire.

Reseating, when points mattered, used to happen in like five days over a weekend.  More time is spent upfront upselling. It appears the weekends are not open for picking, just the weekdays?  With the extra bowl inventory, the packs are very attractive to fans.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2019, 11:45:12 AM »
Reseating, when points mattered, used to happen in like five days over a weekend.  More time is spent upfront upselling. It appears the weekends are not open for picking, just the weekdays?  With the extra bowl inventory, the packs are very attractive to fans.

I mean if a person wanted to sit downstairs, why WOULDN'T you just buy lowers in the 5 game packs, avoid the seat fee, and still get all the good games(if you bought tickets from each pack)?? Seems like a no brainer, isn't it??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2019, 12:02:49 PM »
I mean if a person wanted to sit downstairs, why WOULDN'T you just buy lowers in the 5 game packs, avoid the seat fee, and still get all the good games(if you bought tickets from each pack)?? Seems like a no brainer, isn't it??

Yep.  They need to add season tick flex tiers that require donations.  Like a 10 game pack.  A BE Pack, etc.  As it is it is unfair to STHs who sit in those sections, like Topper.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2019, 12:27:50 PM »
Are there lowers available in five game packs? I am assuming the lower bowl is pretty much taken by season ticket holders.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2019, 07:11:32 PM »
Cost is much cheaper than a season ticket holder, than buying mini plans and single game tickets.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2019, 07:12:33 PM »
Are there lowers available in five game packs? I am assuming the lower bowl is pretty much taken by season ticket holders.
There were corner lowers available for sale.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

🏀

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2019, 08:13:18 AM »

This is a crazy good idea.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2019, 09:40:24 AM »
I had a 5 pack - lowers at just outside of the baseline.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2019, 07:14:28 AM »
Cost is much cheaper than a season ticket holder, than buying mini plans and single game tickets.

My brother in law sat 7 rows behind me for the 5 best games at 30% the cost.  Drives my wife nuts. Those 5 packs are a steal.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2019, 08:16:09 AM »
My brother in law sat 7 rows behind me for the 5 best games at 30% the cost.  Drives my wife nuts. Those 5 packs are a steal.
OK. Not sure what section you are talking about to know if your number is correct or not. The lowers for a 5 game mini plan was around $300. It might have been higher.  A season ticket for 20 games was $760.
Yes, the 5 packs is a much better savings than single game tickets. Yet, if someone plans to piece together mini plans and single game tickets for most games, season tickets is by far a better plan to do. It's not even close!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:22:13 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2019, 08:29:52 AM »
OK. Not sure what section you are talking about to know if your number is correct or not. The lowers for a 5 game mini plan was around $300. It might have been higher.  A season ticket for 20 games was $760.
Yes, the 5 packs is a much better savings than single game tickets. Yet, if someone plans to piece together mini plans and single game tickets for most games, season tickets is by far a better plan to do. It's not even close!

I'm in 120.  Yes his per  ticket cost is higher but if I'm being honest, I don't need to go to Bethune Cookman, Presbyterian or Charleston Southern.  So he shells out about 1/3 of what I do and gets to the best games.  It's fine, I've made the choice for 20+ years to buy seasons.  It's on me.   
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 11:37:27 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Goose

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2019, 11:24:14 AM »
The Lens
Last year I broke down and bought season tickets, for first time in 15 years and had mixed feelings. During the down time, I bought scalpers tickets for the 3-5 games a year I cared to go to and on a simply money decision, it was a slam dunk. Seldom sat above 15th row and always between baselines. Now, with kids grown, out of school/house, I do like being locked into the season package. It gets me to go to more games because I have tickets in hand. That said, there are dog games that I just will not attend, tickets or no tickets in hand.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2019, 11:33:43 AM »
One thing I am not looking forward to this next year is the mobile entry...I have always felt more comfortable having ticket in hand. Not sure how smooth it's gonna go.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2019, 11:36:56 AM »
During the Ellenson season, they sold the Iowa game plus all of the big east in one package of 10.  That was the biggest rip.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2019, 11:42:15 AM »
One thing I am not looking forward to this next year is the mobile entry...I have always felt more comfortable having ticket in hand. Not sure how smooth it's gonna go.
I felt that way last August. The free non-conference tickets we get for being a STH, I used them on my phone. I'm shocked in how much I love it. I never thought I would say that. Plus, I went to a Brewer game on Good Friday, with a ticket of my phone. Just bring back my smoking area, I'll be really happy.  8-)
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2019, 11:44:09 AM »
During the Ellenson season, they sold the Iowa game plus all of the big east in one package of 10.  That was the biggest rip.
It didn't sell well, and trust me that will never happen again. Devalues, us STH.
-Bill Walton

muguru

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2019, 12:03:48 PM »
I felt that way last August. The free non-conference tickets we get for being a STH, I used them on my phone. I'm shocked in how much I love it. I never thought I would say that. Plus, I went to a Brewer game on Good Friday, with a ticket of my phone. Just bring back my smoking area, I'll be really happy.  8-)

+1000000....as sad as it is, this is one of the major factors impacting my decision as to whether or not to renew this year..If it's a tight, tense game at the end of the first half, having a smoke at halftime was always a good way to calm me. See ZERO reason why they can't have a smoking area outside again like they did at the BC.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2019, 02:09:34 PM »
+1000000....as sad as it is, this is one of the major factors impacting my decision as to whether or not to renew this year..If it's a tight, tense game at the end of the first half, having a smoke at halftime was always a good way to calm me. See ZERO reason why they can't have a smoking area outside again like they did at the BC.

On the flip side, the potential fans seated next to you when you returned from said smoke are probably happy with the current decision not to have a smoking area.   :-\

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2019, 03:01:39 PM »
On the flip side, the potential fans seated next to you when you returned from said smoke are probably happy with the current decision not to have a smoking area.   :-\
Maybe.  :o
-Bill Walton

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2019, 03:51:31 PM »
Maybe.  :o

I have to go with a firm "probably" here.  I had a discussion fairly recently with a friend of mine who used to be a smoker.  He mentioned how he never realized how powerful the smell a smoker has after a smoke break until after he quit.   I am glad I no longer experience events where people near me leave to go have a smoke and wreaked like it when they returned.  Selfishly, I'm glad there's no area to smoke at the Fiserv. 

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2019, 03:54:18 PM »

I have to go with a firm "probably" here.  I had a discussion fairly recently with a friend of mine who used to be a smoker.  He mentioned how he never realized how powerful the smell a smoker has after a smoke break until after he quit.   I am glad I no longer experience events where people near me leave to go have a smoke and wreaked like it when they returned.  Selfishly, I'm glad there's no area to smoke at the Fiserv.
As a long reformed smoker, I agree with your friend.  Hate being next to smokers now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2019, 04:12:46 PM »
As a long reformed smoker, I agree with your friend.  Hate being next to smokers now.

Agreed. 13 years as a smoker & really dislike smelling it now.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2019, 07:00:12 PM »
You guys are caught up on the smell. I was hinting at it might be better for the folks around Guru to have his smoke at halftime to calm his nerves watching the game.  ;D
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2019, 07:31:24 PM »
You guys are caught up on the smell. I was hinting at it might be better for the folks around Guru to have his smoke at halftime to calm his nerves watching the game.  ;D

They have brownies and blended tea for that now, hey?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2019, 07:43:33 PM »
I knew what you meant.....sucks when you have to explain the joke.
Guru without his fix during a tense game might be hell for all his neighbors.