collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL draft  (Read 1829 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
NFL draft
« on: April 25, 2019, 05:34:51 PM »
Any predictions? Once some picks are actually made we can discuss.

tower912

• All American
Re: NFL draft
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 05:52:15 PM »
Predictions?  There will be complaining on an epic scale all across the land.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 07:00:32 PM »
I predict Kansas City will be looking for a WR very soon.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 09:07:52 PM »
I predict the Packer's first pick doesn't start a game in Green Bay.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 09:15:43 PM »
I predict Murray made the right choice taking football over baseball.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 07:05:31 AM »
Not a Packers fan or even a rival team fan, but man. That draft was rough for them. Taking a DE that high on measurables alone, minimal production plus a serious injury, and then trading up for a safety in perhaps the deepest safety draft ever. The best argument in favor of their draft so far is "you never know" or "who knows, they could be great". Doesn't seem smart to trade up to get a safety you absolutely must have early when there are just so many available in the first few rounds.

It was an interesting first round that included very few big trades, and the cost to trade up seemed less (at a glance) than in the past, indicating a lack of competition (supply/demand) in trading up. My initial thoughts are that teams decided to just stay put and take the players they wanted regardless of it being a reach, since they weren't getting much interest in trading down. Off the top of my head, the Ferrell, Jones, Gary picks all fit this theory... Probably others.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 10:30:26 AM »
I love the Savage pick.  I think he will be a real difference maker.  Giving up two 4th's, who knows how those picks turn out.   For every David Bahktiari, there are 5 Vince Biegels.

Gary, OTOH, I am skeptical.   Freak athletes that lack production always worry me.  Plus, it is unclear what position he will play.
For me, 12 is too high to take a project.  Would love for Gary to prove me wrong.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 11:09:11 AM »
Loved that they called Gary an all airplane guy cuz he’s intimating getting off the plane but doesn’t show up on the field. I thought that was spot on
Bring back FFP!!!

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 11:15:49 AM »
I predict Murray made the right choice taking football over baseball.

+10! Baseball is a really hard game to succeed at; especially in todays game where you will face at least 2 or 3 pitchers every game.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 03:41:39 PM »
I love the Savage pick.  I think he will be a real difference maker.  Giving up two 4th's, who knows how those picks turn out.   For every David Bahktiari, there are 5 Vince Biegels.

I really hope that Savage works out, but it just boggles my mind how much recent draft capital the Packers have spent on the defensive backfield.

In the past six drafts they have had 12 first or second round picks (so far) and 8, yes 8, of those have been defensive backs - Clinton-Dix, Randell, Rollins, King, Jones, Alexander, Jackson, and now Savage.  They should have the best secondary in the history of the league!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 04:24:29 PM »
rashan gary was, if i heard correctly, the #1 sought after recruit of his class.  a tremendous under- achiever.  10 sacks in 37 college games.  for a top 15 first round draft pick, hope he has a little more gas in the tank than that
don't...don't don't don't don't

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 07:10:51 PM »
I really hope that Savage works out, but it just boggles my mind how much recent draft capital the Packers have spent on the defensive backfield.

In the past six drafts they have had 12 first or second round picks (so far) and 8, yes 8, of those have been defensive backs - Clinton-Dix, Randell, Rollins, King, Jones, Alexander, Jackson, and now Savage.  They should have the best secondary in the history of the league!

The best secondary in the world won't do crap, if you are not pressuring the QB. An NFL QB, if given time, will always make big completions.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 09:12:14 PM »
Loved that they called Gary an all airplane guy cuz he’s intimating getting off the plane but doesn’t show up on the field. I thought that was spot on

Tarzan at the combine, Jane on the field, a'ina?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 12:25:02 AM »
Packer fans will really like Sternberger. One of my favorites at TAMU. I think he's a sneaky good pick in the 4th round.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.