Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer  (Read 122338 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« Reply #475 on: May 22, 2019, 05:39:23 PM »
And if they do go to Madison, Crean's ass will forever hang higher in infamy for allowing this to happen. Dont misunderstand, his ass is hanging high in infamy already, but to lose them to Bucky hoists has ass to the top of the yardarm.

Does your family know about your day drinking problem?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #476 on: May 22, 2019, 05:41:34 PM »
And if they do go to Madison, Crean's ass will forever hang higher in infamy for allowing this to happen. Dont misunderstand, his ass is hanging high in infamy already, but to lose them to Bucky hoists has ass to the top of the yardarm.
Does your family know about your day drinking problem?

I was going to say: "Enjoying Your Happy Hour?"
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 05:44:03 PM by VegasWarrior77 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #477 on: May 22, 2019, 05:46:17 PM »
The long wait will be over Wednesday

??

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #478 on: May 22, 2019, 06:08:05 PM »
??

He didn’t specify which Wednesday.... ;)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #479 on: May 22, 2019, 07:30:19 PM »
I’m curious:  in several threads on this topic there have been references to the number of players in the “portal.”  When does the portal typically clear out?  Is there a time frame for when most season end transfers are set?
Ludum habemus.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #480 on: May 22, 2019, 08:30:51 PM »
??
Info must have come from someone very close to the program or Hausers.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #481 on: May 22, 2019, 08:34:18 PM »
He didn’t specify which Wednesday.... ;)

Just heard from a well placed insider - Hauser decision due on a day that ends in "y".

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #482 on: May 22, 2019, 08:34:36 PM »
Did wee whiner Mazos fall into a time warp?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #483 on: May 22, 2019, 08:45:01 PM »
I knew Crean was behind this.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #484 on: May 22, 2019, 09:30:45 PM »
Just heard from a well placed insider - Hauser decision due on a day that ends in "y".

When at Marquette, my buddies and I used to say that those were the only days we'd have a drink.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #485 on: May 22, 2019, 09:34:33 PM »
Hmmm.

OK ... how about if Traci Carter was a second-team all-conference player for us and then bailed on a preseason top-10 team to go to Wisconsin because he didn't get along with our All-American?
What if the coach couldn't get the all-american to pass the fing ball so they decided to transfer to a school where they respected how the game was played?  Two sides to every story...doesn't mean I won't root like hell for MU when we play them...but it also doesn't mean they weren't justified in leaving.  I wouldn't advise either of them to play with Markus...sure as hell wouldn't want my kid playing in that type of system if they had the same potentail and game of Sam/Joey.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #486 on: May 22, 2019, 09:42:31 PM »
What if the coach couldn't get the all-american to pass the fing ball so they decided to transfer to a school where they respected how the game was played?  Two sides to every story...doesn't mean I won't root like hell for MU when we play them...but it also doesn't mean they weren't justified in leaving.  I wouldn't advise either of them to play with Markus...sure as hell wouldn't want my kid playing in that type of system if they had the same potentail and game of Sam/Joey.

You're allowed to love Sam and Joey and to dislike Markus all you want; I don't happen to share those feelings, but that's beside the point. My comment was in response to somebody comparing the Hauser situation to Traci's.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #487 on: May 22, 2019, 09:43:39 PM »
When at Marquette, my buddies and I used to say that those were the only days we'd have a drink.

A tradition that links Marquette students of all generations!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #488 on: May 22, 2019, 10:07:20 PM »

Avid,

Your point is basically the same one I've been making all along. And plenty of people here wanted less Markus hero ball/more team ball, too. Criticism was so pronounced that Mike (MU82) wondered if some of the Sam love/Markus questioning was racially based. Once Sam said no mas, though, he became the enemy and those who previously openly questioned Wojo/Markus circled the wagons and became their biggest defenders. Like you, I'll root for  Wojo, Markus and the Warriors to win every game going forward. If we meet up with Sam and/or Joey I hope we crush them. But I can't hate a guy who gave us nothing but his best for 3 years because he wants to play his final year in a more team centric atmosphere.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #489 on: May 22, 2019, 10:08:40 PM »
You're allowed to love Sam and Joey and to dislike Markus all you want; I don't happen to share those feelings, but that's beside the point. My comment was in response to somebody comparing the Hauser situation to Traci's.

I was comparing Ed Morrow’s situation to Traci’s, since you brought up Morrow and Nebraska fans.  Morrow didn’t grow up in Nebraska, wasn’t a highly rated recruit, played a couple solid if unremarkable seasons for the Huskers, and transferred.  Much like Traci did for us.

There’s obviously a lot more emotion involved with the Hausers since they were big name players (relatively speaking) who grew up in state.  Sam in particular was an indispensable player his whole time on campus and was trending toward that Lazar/Novak/Diener/JFB level.  Not an all-time great but second or third tier, for sure.

Short story long, I don’t think Koby’s and Ed’s former fanbases really care anymore that they transferred.  Would we boo Haanif if he came back to play against us?

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #490 on: May 22, 2019, 10:59:38 PM »
I was comparing Ed Morrow’s situation to Traci’s, since you brought up Morrow and Nebraska fans.  Morrow didn’t grow up in Nebraska, wasn’t a highly rated recruit, played a couple solid if unremarkable seasons for the Huskers, and transferred.  Much like Traci did for us.

There’s obviously a lot more emotion involved with the Hausers since they were big name players (relatively speaking) who grew up in state.  Sam in particular was an indispensable player his whole time on campus and was trending toward that Lazar/Novak/Diener/JFB level.  Not an all-time great but second or third tier, for sure.

Short story long, I don’t think Koby’s and Ed’s former fanbases really care anymore that they transferred.  Would we boo Haanif if he came back to play against us?
Would Haanif be wearing red?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #491 on: May 22, 2019, 11:25:38 PM »
I’m curious:  in several threads on this topic there have been references to the number of players in the “portal.”  When does the portal typically clear out?  Is there a time frame for when most season end transfers are set?

By my count, there have been 851 total D1 transfers this season.

Of those 851, 462 are still in the portal (I've likely missed some, I'd guess somewhere between 462 and 400 is the real number)

Of those 462, I'd classify 56 of them of being good enough to possibly crack Marquette's rotation (this means that they are at least good enough to be the last guy in the rotation at some point before they graduate)

Of those 56, 27 are traditional transfers, 29 are grad transfers. Most of the 56 are closer to back of the rotation players than potential starters.

This is a long way of saying that, most of the high level transfers have happened already, though we will have action throughout the summer. There are still plenty of transfers available but most of them are at the low major level (or transferring to a lower division). We will likely see some action pick up after the May 29th deadline for early entrants to return to school. Some of those that come back will decide to transfer...or by coming back will convince another player to transfer.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #492 on: May 23, 2019, 12:12:15 AM »

Of those 851, 462 are still in the portal (I've likely missed some, I'd guess somewhere between 462 and 400 is the real number)

Of those 462, I'd classify 56 of them of being good enough to possibly crack Marquette's rotation (this means that they are at least good enough to be the last guy in the rotation at some point before they graduate)

Of those 56, 27 are traditional transfers, 29 are grad transfers. Most of the 56 are closer to back of the rotation players than potential starters.

This is a long way of saying that, most of the high level transfers have happened already, though we will have action throughout the summer. There are still plenty of transfers available but most of them are at the low major level (or transferring to a lower division). We will likely see some action pick up after the May 29th deadline for early entrants to return to school. Some of those that come back will decide to transfer...or by coming back will convince another player to transfer.
How do you think this years crop of  available transfers ranks relative to prior years?
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #493 on: May 23, 2019, 05:12:15 AM »

Thank you. 
Ludum habemus.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #494 on: May 23, 2019, 05:51:14 AM »
I wasn't asking your permission for anything.  Just pointing out a serious concern that while Wojo repeatedly discussed the need for Markus to better distribute the ball...Markus never did so.  When you use the word "bail"...and you've said much worse about the Hauser's...you have to wonder who is really at fault.

I had a guy working for me that was extremely dedicated to the profession and great at his job...couldn't get along with others because it had to be about him.  I lost a solid employee because he was sick of the guy...and it was plain to see as a team they weren't functioning at their full potential and others were going to leave as well.  He was shown the door and the collective output increased.  Wished I could have gotten the guy to see past himself...would have been better for his pocket book and everyone else's.

We will all be rooting for MU.  Should I say God bless America after every post as well?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #495 on: May 23, 2019, 06:02:22 AM »
Did wee whiner Mazos fall into a time warp?
Same one you have never been able to leave from.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #496 on: May 23, 2019, 06:22:54 AM »
BURN!  ::)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #497 on: May 23, 2019, 06:40:42 AM »
Would Haanif be wearing red?
With Nebraska, yes
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #498 on: May 23, 2019, 06:56:39 AM »
I wasn't asking your permission for anything.  Just pointing out a serious concern that while Wojo repeatedly discussed the need for Markus to better distribute the ball...Markus never did so.  When you use the word "bail"...and you've said much worse about the Hauser's...you have to wonder who is really at fault.

I had a guy working for me that was extremely dedicated to the profession and great at his job...couldn't get along with others because it had to be about him.  I lost a solid employee because he was sick of the guy...and it was plain to see as a team they weren't functioning at their full potential and others were going to leave as well.  He was shown the door and the collective output increased.  Wished I could have gotten the guy to see past himself...would have been better for his pocket book and everyone else's.

We will all be rooting for MU.  Should I say God bless America after every post as well?

What if the problem left?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #499 on: May 23, 2019, 06:57:34 AM »
What if the problem left?
How dare you.

feedback