Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Out Of ESPN's Way Too Early Top 25 Update  (Read 8433 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: MU Out Of ESPN's Way Too Early Top 25 Update
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2019, 11:24:38 AM »
Reading through the comments on how Marquette is better without the Hausers is laughable. Fact is, we are diminished in terms of talent, capablility, and potential.

All of the self-proclaimed experts here are delusional to suggest that we are actually better today than we were a month ago.

I think I've seen exactly one poster suggest that we are better without the Hausers and I don't think anyone would call the poster an expert on anything.

All of the self-proclaimed experts here are delusional to suggest that we are actually better today than we were a month ago.

The Hausers didn't leave because of touches; they left because of Wojo.

You are missing some pieces to the story. They left because of Wojo.

We are all aware that you have heard insight fifth hand that says that this is all on Wojo. The fact that you take it as gospel and don't list to any other insight is interesting.

And their reason for leaving was applauded by their teammates.

A lot of what you post has elements of truth. This is categorical horse manure and I suspect you know it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2019, 11:25:08 AM »
In direct contradiction to Keefer saying the Hausers were applauded by the rest of the team.  Nobody else has announced a transfer...tough to decide if Keefer or the 247 poster is correct...
And a version that is completely plausible.  I could envision Jamal transferring and possibly Sacar (as a grad transfer) if Joey came back. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2019, 11:31:37 AM »

Falling from a Top 5 ranking to out of the poll completely demonstrates the impact of Sam and Joey hitting the bricks. Frankly, the poll is the best evidence yet of just how devastating is their loss.

One of the more foolish comments recently on Scoop.

Even us dummies are smart enough to realize that opinion is NOT evidence. If their loss is devastating, we will only have “evidence” after we have seen the team perform.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2019, 11:34:27 AM »
https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Board/104085/Contents/The-Letter-131282124/?Page=3

A different version.   

I think there are likely elements of truth here as well but not the whole story. Truth is likely somewhere inbetween.

The reality is, no one here knows the gospel truth. The best we can hope for is third, fourth, or fifth hand information which during the game of telephone has been transformed from information to insight, fact to perspective. Everyone has an agenda or a bias and those change the narrative with every retelling.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2019, 11:36:12 AM »
https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Board/104085/Contents/The-Letter-131282124/?Page=3

A different version.

Thanks for posting. Interesting discussion throughout. The post by hackleft makes more sense to me than anything else I've read. Hopefully Wojo, Markus and the rest of the players take some valuable lessons from all this. The most trying situations are when you truly learn what teamwork and leadership are all about.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2019, 11:46:50 AM »
May 2 Update ... from #2 to out of the top 25 ...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26647277/unc-big-mover-way-too-early-top-25-2019-20

Also, based on the BE rankings, they are suggesting MU is now #6 in the BE (from #1)

4. Villanova Wildcats
11. Seton Hall Pirates
24. Creighton Bluejays

Next in line:
USC (previous: next in line)
Colorado (previous: unranked)
Xavier (previous: unranked)
Georgetown (previous: next in line)
Marquette (previous: No. 2)

Well damn, we might as well just cancel the season. I mean, if we're not ranked in a poll 6 months out without the roster finalized what chance do we have?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2019, 01:09:20 PM »
I am very keen on the prospects for the team in the up coming season.  We are going to be a very athletic team with one elite shooter. The team chemistry will be outstanding.  . Our record may not reflect the strength of the team, as the Big East is going to be improved. I believe we can get to double digit non conference wins and post double digit conference . Although, it may be hard to surpass 10 in each category. Should be able to get two wins in the BET so looking at a 22 win type season going into tournament play. I think this team can finally be the team under the current management that goes to the second weekend of the tournament .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2019, 04:33:19 PM »

A different version.   
This changes my opinion. I was blaming Sam and his dad and thinking Joey was just a follower. Now, it seems that Joey was the problem and the father pushed Sam to follow Joey.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2019, 04:56:16 PM »
This changes my opinion. I was blaming Sam and his dad and thinking Joey was just a follower. Now, it seems that Joey was the problem and the father pushed Sam to follow Joey.

Yes!  A new angle that makes so much more sense.  I agree with this analysis.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2019, 07:30:16 PM »
Thanks for posting. Interesting discussion throughout. The post by hackleft makes more sense to me than anything else I've read. Hopefully Wojo, Markus and the rest of the players take some valuable lessons from all this. The most trying situations are when you truly learn what teamwork and leadership are all about.

Yep. His post is pretty accurate from what I have heard from my alumn board friends.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2019, 07:39:38 PM »
So, supposedly, Markus (all American)  tells Joey (freshman) that he needs to step it up and they need more from him. With Sammy’s approval.   Joey pouts and then wants to transfer. Sammy goes with him.

If true, buh-bye.   Next up. We got this.

HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2019, 08:00:52 PM »
Yep. His post is pretty accurate from what I have heard from my alumn board friends.
Please elaborate.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2019, 08:50:40 PM »
May 2 Update ... from #2 to out of the top 25 ...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26647277/unc-big-mover-way-too-early-top-25-2019-20

Also, based on the BE rankings, they are suggesting MU is now #6 in the BE (from #1)

4. Villanova Wildcats
11. Seton Hall Pirates
24. Creighton Bluejays

Next in line:
USC (previous: next in line)
Colorado (previous: unranked)
Xavier (previous: unranked)
Georgetown (previous: next in line)
Marquette (previous: No. 2)
But wait...many apologists her have said we will still be very good, and we will have addition by subtraction. Obviously ESPN has it wrong.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2019, 08:58:58 PM »
I think there are likely elements of truth here as well but not the whole story. Truth is likely somewhere inbetween.

The reality is, no one here knows the gospel truth. The best we can hope for is third, fourth, or fifth hand information which during the game of telephone has been transformed from information to insight, fact to perspective. Everyone has an agenda or a bias and those change the narrative with every retelling.

Totally accurate.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2019, 11:56:26 PM »
Please elaborate.

The narrative in his post was corroborated by two folks I know on the alumni board. There are other factors they declined to talk about but the post itself was not off target.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2019, 08:23:39 AM »
So, supposedly, Markus (all American)  tells Joey (freshman) that he needs to step it up and they need more from him. With Sammy’s approval.   Joey pouts and then wants to transfer. Sammy goes with him.

If true, buh-bye.   Next up. We got this.

Couldn't take criticism?
Bye.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2019, 03:51:46 PM »
Couldn't take criticism?
Bye.
I notice in one of the last conference games, don't recall which, it was close at the end and there was a call against Joey and he started getting agitated and was about to go up to the ref. Markus sort of stepped in and looked like he asked him to calm down and it looked like Joey was about to shove Markus away. I'm sure if Joey had gotten near the ref he would have been teed up.
Goal is National Championship

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2019, 11:15:22 AM »
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words