[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: OH HELL YEAH!  (Read 30130 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: OH HELL YEAH!
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2019, 12:05:14 PM »
With a thread title like this, I thought I was going to read that the Hausers changed their minds or we landed Kerry Blackshear or something.  It’s nice that no one else is transferring, but this is now a fringe top 25 team at best.

Maybe. Haven't run the math yet but fringe top 25 does sound right (assuming no more defections or additions). But teams can outperform (or underperform) preseason expectations. Im looking forward to seeing if this group can get it done.

I posted a while ago that the toughest are forged by adversity. Losing the Hausers is a whole pile of adversity. Im hoping this strengthens our team instead of breaking them.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2019, 12:07:21 PM »
The insiders like guru and Jon have seen this picture weeks ago fellas.  It was the same picture they sent to them when they informed them that had all just signed the letter and had given their “no-confidence “ votes.
Old news u uninforned losers
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2019, 12:08:29 PM »
Unfortunately when Jamal says "big things coming our way" That BIG thing is now likely a top 25 ceiling, as opposed to the top 5 and potential 1 seed they had previously.  :-\

WRONG
Guru are always wrong in life too?, or just on this board?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2019, 12:20:40 PM »
Y'all are misinterpreting this photo.

Ed and Ike are looking down and away, like they want to not be there.

Theo isnt smiling, probably ready to slam Markus to the ground

Bailey seems distant from the rest of the bunch.  Serious disconnect there.

Smoke and fire,  boys.  Smoke and fire, aina.

And you didn't even mention that Ike's back is so bad, he can't stand up straight!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2019, 12:28:10 PM »
Picture tells a thousand words.

We need Stan and We need Stan now.

Wojo needs to be sent to pasture.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2019, 12:33:54 PM »
But teams can outperform (or underperform) preseason expectations.
Truer words have never been written.

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2019, 12:34:31 PM »
Don’t spin a much needed positive into a negative
^5
I am so tired of the negative, time to MoveOn. Stop worrying about things you have no control over!

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2019, 12:48:44 PM »
Picture tells a thousand words.

We need Stan and We need Stan now.

Wojo needs to be sent to pasture.

Pretty sure we already have Stan

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »
Thank you for posting! I have pointed out in great statistical detail that Markus shooting is a huge plus and not a negative, to which the few fans who hate having an All-American on their team seem to imply he's a big locker room issue or something that somehow offsets being one of the greatest scorers in the game.

What if the locker room issue really was the hausers?

Statistically I can't deny they are good.

However their departure does remind me of my conversation with the coach of jae Crowder's dad down here in Alabama (buddy Knapp coached in GA and Al) .Corey Crowder's starting teammates in high school were killed in an auto accident. The team decided had a meeting to decide whether or not to even continue the season. Corey not only LED them to continue this season but an unbelievable state title with the reserves that were left.

Luckily we aren't dealing with any kind of tragedy like that, but we have a lot of talent and Cain and Bailey's minutes were cut drastically to try to make Joey work through a two-month slump and Joey just never came back for us. I'm looking forward to the next season and let's just see where it goes.

I also remember when one of Alabama's most prominent boosters walked alongside new Alabama coach Nick saban to start to to give suggestions like we see on this page from some re what he thought would work on personnel and saban responded I don't have time for this crap and continued walking. Unfortunately for me as an Auburn resident that was the key moment that turned around the program from years of whiners to an  incredible run.

If the hausers were trying to tell Wojo how to run the team then I'm glad the page is turned. Obviously if current players have an issue with him or anyone else then I hope that's worked out a locker room but it really has nothing to do with the rest of us on the outside.
So you use quantitative evidence to support Markus jacking up tons of shots.  Then qualitative remarks to question if the Hausers' were the issues in the locker room.  Back to quantitative to say the Hausers' are good ball players.  Back to qualitative to say it really has nothing to do with anyone outside of the locker room (after questioning if the Hausers' were the issue)...and a comparison to a HS team that endured a huge loss and persevered. 

I think many are making a qualitative observation that there is evidence that Markus jacking up shots at a ridiculous rate was not the best thing for the program.  That evidence would possibly be:
-A letter that sounds like had support beyond the Hausers' was given to Wojo
-Wojo himself alluded to Markus needing to learn to distribute the ball better
-A late season collapse
-Two players who were very solid leaving the program
-A top 10 team not being a fringe top 25 team

The blame is on Wojo.  While I don't enjoy Markus' play, I would assume he is doing exactly what is asked of him or he is doing what you questioned the Hauser boys of doing (telling Wojo how to run the team).  The only difference would be the Hauser boys did as Wojo asked...then decided to leave...while Markus just continues to do what he wants.  Either way...it's on Wojo to keep a team together...or make changes  that will result in the team being better.  I'm not feeling like that happened here...though I hope like hell I'm wrong. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2019, 01:26:31 PM »
Interesting how everyone assumes that a team with the exact players who went 1-6 when the games really counted would be a top 5 team next year.

Brendan and Koby will replace the Hausers and should put up similar numbers next year as those two did - minus a couple rebounds a game, but better defense.

Where we will get hurt is depth-wise if we don't get a decent grad transfer or two.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2019, 01:48:17 PM »
Interesting how everyone assumes that a team with the exact players who went 1-6 when the games really counted would be a top 5 team next year.

Brendan and Koby will replace the Hausers and should put up similar numbers next year as those two did - minus a couple rebounds a game, but better defense.

Where we will get hurt is depth-wise if we don't get a decent grad transfer or two.

You hit the nail on the head...everyone talks about how there's reason to be optimistic because Brendan, Jamal etc will just step up and MU will be ok. That may be true. However, in order to make up for the production leaving now you will have to use 3-5 guys from your depth to cover that(where as before it was 2 covering it). In an ideal world, I would like to see a "trade" if you will. Two guys leaving that averaged about 25/12...so what you'd like to do is bring in two guys that can cover as much of that as possible, and then your depth stays as your depth and it's not like you miss much of a beat at all.

Easier said then done, I know, but I'm going to hope for this, until there isn't any hope to have.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2019, 01:48:42 PM »
Maybe. Haven't run the math yet but fringe top 25 does sound right (assuming no more defections or additions). But teams can outperform (or underperform) preseason expectations. Im looking forward to seeing if this group can get it done.

I posted a while ago that the toughest are forged by adversity. Losing the Hausers is a whole pile of adversity. Im hoping this strengthens our team instead of breaking them.

I've been thinking about this the past few days...

A couple weeks ago there was a high likelihood of underperforming lofty expectations (ex. ranked ~15 vs. top 5)

Now this team will likely enter the season unranked, and as long as they stay healthy I could see a significant outperformance vs. expectations (ex. ranked 20 vs. bubble expectation), with a highly entertaining team/chip on shoulder junkyard dog mentality we haven't yet seen under Wojo.

Potential to be a very fun season with easy to root for guys. Also major potential for Wojo to put his stamp on the program for years to come. I hope he's up to the task.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
You hit the nail on the head...everyone talks about how there's reason to be optimistic because Brendan, Jamal etc will just step up and MU will be ok. That may be true. However, in order to make up for the production leaving now you will have to use 3-5 guys from your depth to cover that(where as before it was 2 covering it). In an ideal world, I would like to see a "trade" if you will. Two guys leaving that averaged about 25/12...so what you'd like to do is bring in two guys that can cover as much of that as possible, and then your depth stays as your depth and it's not like you miss much of a beat at all.

Easier said then done, I know, but I'm going to hope for this, until there isn't any hope to have.

Horribly stated.
Ur really focused on the lost production of Joey arent u?  Was it his turnovers or turnstile defense that u belive will be the hardest to replace? 
I couldnt for the life of me understand how Joey got so much time. Its now clear that Wojo was attempting to placate the crybabies and their parents. 
We have better players on the roster than Joey that will step right in and we will not miss a beat.  Bailey is a better player than Joey. Will we miss Sam for one year on offense? Yes, however, the defensive improvements at Sams spot may go along way to mitigate his loss on offense.
I think MU is gonna be waaay better than peolpe think
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:57:04 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2019, 02:06:57 PM »

We also have two guys that should be significant contributors in GE and KM that did not play last year.  Granted, they play different positions and we'll probably see more 3 guard lineups. 

I don't disagree that more depth is needed but I don't think any another potential transfers or additions need to put up 25/12 between them to account for the lost numbers.  I'm more hopeful that if we are able to add depth it is with the skills the team may be more in need of now (3 point shooting, rebounding).

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2019, 02:12:24 PM »
Live look at muguru.

Must be the wrong webcam... I see neither a shovel in his hand nor a hole in the ground.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2019, 02:16:35 PM »

Not exactly. What we need to replace is numbers off the bench. I think Brendan/Kobe will replace Hauser numbers.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2019, 02:17:47 PM »
Must be the wrong webcam... I see neither a shovel in his hand nor a hole in the ground.

Actually there should be sun everywhere EXCEPT for the cloud over GURU.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2019, 02:18:36 PM »
Horribly stated.
Ur really focused on the lost production of Joey arent u?  Was it his turnovers or turnstile defense that u belive will be the hardest to replace? 
I couldnt for the life of me understand how Joey got so much time. Its now clear that Wojo was attempting to placate the crybabies and their parents. 
We have better players on the roster than Joey that will step right in and we will not miss a beat.  Bailey is a better player than Joey. Will we miss Sam for one year on offense? Yes, however, the defensive improvements at Sams spot may go along way to mitigate his loss on offense.
I think MU is gonna be waaay better than peolpe think

No, actually, I'm not that worried about covering Joey's production..but Sam's offensive production will be VERY tough to replace, at least from one guy.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2019, 02:22:01 PM »
I follow Jamal and a couple other players on Instagram, Jamal posted this a day or two ago and Sam actually liked the picture.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2019, 02:23:24 PM »
Not exactly. What we need to replace is numbers off the bench. I think Brendan/Kobe will replace Hauser numbers.

Right, they likely could replace the Hauser's #'s...but now that's needed, where as before anything they added was in ADDITION to what the Hauser's also added. For example..I really believed that next year it was highly possible we would see 50PPG combined from Markus, Sam and Koby. Now, with what's coming back, it might take Markus, Koby and say Brendan and Greg to average that, at least. Where as whatever Greg, Brendan, Jamal etc would have otherwise added was just going to be a very nice addition to the other 3.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2019, 02:26:47 PM »
but Sam's offensive production will be VERY tough to replace, at least from one guy.

I'd love to know how many guys who played major minutes in D1 had 46/40/92 shooting slash lines.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2019, 02:36:56 PM »
No, actually, I'm not that worried about covering Joey's production..but Sam's offensive production will be VERY tough to replace, at least from one guy.

Well you stated that it would take 3-5 guys to cover the lost production of the 2.  That is absolute n complete horse$hit.  Joeys offense will easily be matched, his turnovers reduced, and his defense was the worst on the team and maybe the entire BE.  Therefore, we will be better at the 3 next year than we were this year.  In Sams spot we will be worse at offense and better at defense.  Therefore the improvement on defense at two spots and the reduced turnovers at Joeys spot will go a tremendous way in negating the loss of Sams offense.  Improvement by the other players likely results in a better teamnext year than this. 
The preseason prognostications that had us top 5 were pie in the sky.  No Top 5 team has two unathletic turnstiles on defense in their starting lineups. 
This team is instantly leaps and bounds more athletic and better defensively next year.  No longer will we see teams  like SJU, Georgetown, and Seton Hall make us look unathletic and slow on every defensive possesion.  While our defense was improved this year it still wasnt any good.  It just got good.  MU will be good.  If Hausers go to Wisconsin it will be like a hand in a glove.  Unathletic 1940s bball will appeal to nortwoods wisconsin kids and fans of “Hoosiers”.
Im extremely excited that MU will once again be an athletic good on defense team.  More in the style of some of Buzzs and Creans teams with long atletic players in the 2-3-4 spots.  Maybe we wont be last in the league anymore in steals, which in of itself isnt a big deal, but its speaks volumes to what ailed this team.
Sign me up for the excited about 2019-20 season mailing list
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 02:40:07 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2019, 02:43:06 PM »
I'd love to know how many guys who played major minutes in D1 had 46/40/92 shooting slash lines.

Not very many, but I was looking at it in the simplest terms possible..15PPG and 7RPG. There are a couple of guys out there that are grad transfers that could fill that void. But it's highly unlikely they come to MU.

One underrated aspect that I think people aren't paying enough attention to..never mind the VERY good 3P shooting, they are leaving behind...but the FT shooting MU will be losing, can not be understated.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2019, 02:44:00 PM »
It took 7,000 posts but finally something you said didn't make me roll my eyes... all kidding aside, I agree it is nice to see the group staying tight when there is alot of negativity around
Doubt that you have read 7000 posts because if you had, you would have found many that did not cause your eyes to roll. Been an MU fan for a long time, just do not swallow all the Kool Aid that some do.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2019, 02:49:08 PM »

Some people out there just don't realize what we lost. Sam was MU's best player. Rebounding, scoring, leading FT shooting, 3 point shooting, and his defense was underrated. His game cannot be replaced next year, and it sure as hell won't be by Bailey.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.