Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: What is really relevant  (Read 25902 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: What is really relevant
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2019, 07:16:34 PM »
Thad Matta.

Tanned, rested, ready.

Well, rested anyway.

We have no idea if he's ready. And most folks here didn't like the last coach who was tanned.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2019, 07:31:41 PM »

1) Congrats on learning how to use giphy...and then using it on every post!
2) Funny that the Matta video has the Marquette Rutgers score from March 2013. 
3) A Wendy's plug?  Topper might end you for that.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2019, 08:17:01 PM »
Thad Matta.

Tanned, rested, ready.

As a follower of MUScoop I know wins no 'Matta"!
Wojo can go 0-25 and keep his job.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2019, 08:32:21 PM »
As a follower of MUScoop I know wins no 'Matta"!
Wojo can go 0-25 and keep his job.

Not really.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2019, 10:20:45 PM »
This talk of “the strength of our team is our team” being an empty slogan reminds me of when Wojo called the white tee shirt thing a gimmick after the team seemed to buy in during Henry’s year.

BINGO.

Wojo doesn't know how to lead. It was there for everyone to see all along.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2019, 11:08:23 PM »
Comparing the Hausers to Tim Maymon is despicable. There is no excuse for doing that. Period. Certainly one of the lowest things ever written here.

Sorry but I never plagiarized anything in my life. That was Sultan's narrative and he's a toad.

You may think it is despicable, but from what I have heard the Hausers father did go to Wojo to complain about the situation. Mr. Hauser is not as flamboyant as Tim Maymon, but I think the comparison was to parents who go to the coach to complain about their son's usage on the team. Mr. Hauser may be a great guy, but he could also have gone to Wojo to complain.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2019, 12:05:50 AM »
Comparing the Hausers to Tim Maymon is despicable. There is no excuse for doing that. Period. Certainly one of the lowest things ever written here.

Sorry but I never plagiarized anything in my life. That was Sultan's narrative and he's a toad.

What's actually despicable is you needing to make personal or tangential attacks on other posters because they have a different viewpoint than you.

But, again, ultimatums to a coach were given in both the Maymon and Hauser situation. In both situations, the coach did not cave. Which he shouldn't - at the point of ultimatum. I'm willing to stake my life that Al would not have given in to an ultimatum either.

Now, the details on how/why/based on what preceeded that ultimatum differed, but, IMO, no coach should give in to ultimatums from players or families.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2019, 12:40:20 AM »
This thread is so stupid, MU lost two self absorbed malcontents and u guys are ready to fire tge coach n shut down the program.  What bunch of losers.  Ive fained respect fir Wojo from this whole deal.  F the Hausers, gtf out!!  Glad to see Wojo said the same thing.  Program bigger than those two selfish bitches.
Doesnt appear losing teo unathketic crybabies has hurt recruiting too much.  As we have half a dozen ir more in homes with Top 50 kids lined up.

People here are stuck in the ‘70s and can’t seem to grasp how a couple good ole kids from WI could possibly quit on their teammates. Get over it, because it happened...they simply QUIT!

Watch the Buffalo highlights in full....there’s a crazy step-back three from Markus that was so accurate the net barely moved. A wide open Sam shakes his head, and didn’t look like it was in disbelief...it looked more like “WTF was that?”

I truly believe that Markus meant it more than Sam when they both said that all they want to do is win. If you watch our bench during Markus’s heroics all season, they are constantly going crazy with support. If this “letter” charade really happened, it can only mean that a family from Stevens Point decided to imperil that chemistry by pitting teammate vs teammate...all while Marquette was in the midst of an incredible season. Nothing could be more selfish.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2019, 03:01:41 AM »
Really?

Ners wrote a half-dozen lower posts than that per day, and we won't even talk about the foul-mouthed, spelling-challenged MSK.

I don't know what Ners wrote. But I do know what Tower did. He compared Tim Maymon with Dave and Stephanie Hauser.

Tim Maymon is a psychotic, drug dealing, wife beating, larcenous felon. Maymon screamed and physically threatened female MU Athletic Department staff because they refused to give him tickets to a game at WI that he wasn't entitled to have. Maymon is a disgusting pig who has no place in civil society.

The Hausers are decent, honest, responsible, people. They were great representatives of the university in every possible manner.

For anyone to compare those fine people with a piece of garbage like Tim Maymon is reprehensible.

Let me ask you, Mike, aren't you disgusted by such a comparison? I know I am.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2019, 03:19:57 AM »

I don't know what Ners wrote. But I do know what Tower did. He compared Tim Maymon with Dave and Stephanie Hauser.

Tim Maymon is a psychotic, drug dealing, wife beating, larcenous felon. Maymon screamed and physically threatened female MU Athletic Department staff because they refused to give him tickets to a game at WI that he wasn't entitled to have. Maymon is a disgusting pig who has no place in civil society.

The Hausers are decent, honest, responsible, people. They were great representatives of the university in every possible manner.

For anyone to compare those fine people with a piece of garbage like Tim Maymon is reprehensible.

Let me ask you, Mike, aren't you disgusted by such a comparison? I know I am.

Well u are apparently in the know and from what you have stated despite their different social standings they both behaved in similar manners in their overzealous desire to make their children the sole focus of the program.  Good riddance to them both,  seems they are more similar than u want to accept.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 03:22:25 AM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2019, 01:21:00 PM »
Wojo is back on Twitter? Has he shared any pearls of wisdom?

He is?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

feedback