[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What is really relevant  (Read 26430 times)

Anti-Dentite

• All American
Re: What is really relevant
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2019, 10:23:07 PM »
People are going home for Easter. Who knows what conversations will be had.
That actually scares me, this could get worse.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2019, 12:28:45 AM »
I agree with this analysis.
Wojo came from a winning pedigree at Duke...he doesn't have time to babysit and mind foolishness. I am a fan of him and his staff. It is a top coaching staff.

He has recruited and brought in and dealt with TOP RECRUITS man down in Durham and worked with Coach K and USA Men's Basketball players.

I think we lucky to have him. Kids are going to think 'me first' and posture in college basketball.

Especially if they were or are coaches sons and were very successful in the state in high school, and they have options and connections if things do not go as they like to move elsewhere. 

I cannot believe the angst with a 24-10 team! There has to be a level of that to be a success.

I understand why the Hauser's left, [I knew that would be an issue and said it on this very before it went down]  and I understand what the issue was, and I get the bind that Coach Wojo is in and the pickle he is in.

He can't tell a guy like Marcus Howard to pass the ball man...when they did not have a true point guard. That was the issue from the start.

Howard like Rowsey was last year is too talented to take the ball out of his hands and was one of the most prolific scorers in college basketball or in the history at this University.

What is Wojo supposed to do!?? I don't get many of you! LOL. He coached it the way he should have.

They just had dissension and jealousy and break-downs late when they should have stuck together instead of counting touches and pointing fingers and passing blame...

Finishing 1-7 is ugly. I know...Some of the shot selections of the main star were ugly too, if they missed and other guys are open. I get that, and it looks bad at times.

But on the flip side you had to let him shoot them because some of them went in. It got others upset...oh well. You were winning with him doing that. What is Wojo really supposed to do?? He's paid to WIN...

It's catch 22. But if everyone calms down they can get out of this being better for it. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:45:43 AM by MUHoopsFan2 »

Big tuna

• Walk-On
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2019, 01:02:56 AM »
Profound .. I agree with your analysis.
Men are lead by the most simplistic attribute and that’s respect.  Admiration to the leader, manager, or coach is built on their kindness, fairness, and the courage to make sound good decisions for the whole.
This sad story and the various narratives are built on multiple narratives and conjecture.
Like most unfortunate events the truth is murky, based on where you like to view it.
I’m Not sure how this all plays out for MU basketball but hopeful that we all endure and prosper.  Godspeed to Wojo, the team, the Hauser family and Marquette University. 

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2019, 01:16:25 AM »
All Jon is saying is that Wojo....Kant do it.

We all know that Immanuel Kant but what is often overlooked is that Kubla Khan.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2019, 06:24:14 AM »
After the events of the last week I can't help but think about how great a job Coach Kieger must have done managing all the egos on the women's team, and that we really should Singer praises more.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2019, 06:34:48 AM »
Yup. But there is more — outside influencers— references to the players.  The part after the weird reporter just complimented Wojo for 45 secs was interesting.
Wow that takes on a totally different form watching it now. It’s no longer a harmless act by Sacar getting up and leaving followed by some playful sarcasm by Wojo. That’s the sign of a lost locker room.
No Finish Line

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2019, 06:50:03 AM »
Wojo came from a winning pedigree at Duke...he doesn't have time to babysit and mind foolishness. I am a fan of him and his staff. It is a top coaching staff.

He has recruited and brought in and dealt with TOP RECRUITS man down in Durham and worked with Coach K and USA Men's Basketball players.

I think we lucky to have him. Kids are going to think 'me first' and posture in college basketball.

Especially if they were or are coaches sons and were very successful in the state in high school, and they have options and connections if things do not go as they like to move elsewhere. 

I cannot believe the angst with a 24-10 team! There has to be a level of that to be a success.

I understand why the Hauser's left, [I knew that would be an issue and said it on this very before it went down]  and I understand what the issue was, and I get the bind that Coach Wojo is in and the pickle he is in.

He can't tell a guy like Marcus Howard to pass the ball man...when they did not have a true point guard. That was the issue from the start.

Howard like Rowsey was last year is too talented to take the ball out of his hands and was one of the most prolific scorers in college basketball or in the history at this University.

What is Wojo supposed to do!?? I don't get many of you! LOL. He coached it the way he should have.

They just had dissension and jealousy and break-downs late when they should have stuck together instead of counting touches and pointing fingers and passing blame...

Finishing 1-7 is ugly. I know...Some of the shot selections of the main star were ugly too, if they missed and other guys are open. I get that, and it looks bad at times.

But on the flip side you had to let him shoot them because some of them went in. It got others upset...oh well. You were winning with him doing that. What is Wojo really supposed to do?? He's paid to WIN...

It's catch 22. But if everyone calms down they can get out of this being better for it.

The stats showed at the end of the year, Markus was a below average player with a very high usage. If it’s true that he was ignoring the plays called, Wojo should have benched him. There were plenty of good stretches had by the team with Markus on the bench.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 07:10:38 AM by cheebs09 »

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2019, 07:04:25 AM »
Wow that takes on a totally different form watching it now. It’s no longer a harmless act by Sacar getting up and leaving followed by some playful sarcasm by Wojo. That’s the sign of a lost locker room.

where is this?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2019, 07:17:02 AM »
where is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTycOhg2nZo

That was strange.  First Wojo interrupts Sacar as he is answering his question, almost to get him to stop.  Then Sacar leaves with a comment by Wojo that at first glance looks sarcastic, but in retrospect obviously not.

Yeah you just don't do that if you're Sacar unless you are really pissed.  It was the only time he got to answer a question and his coach cuts him off.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2019, 07:18:10 AM »
Two things about this. 
1.  Hell yes he can tell Markus to pass the ball.  What does not having another PG have to do with it?
2.  Whose fault is it that we didn't have another PG?  Hint:  It's not Markus or the Hausers.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2019, 07:51:06 AM »
Two things about this. 
1.  Hell yes he can tell Markus to pass the ball.  What does not having another PG have to do with it?
2.  Whose fault is it that we didn't have another PG?  Hint:  It's not Markus or the Hausers.
Who was the one who evaluated Chartouny? Then again was it a bad evaluation, or did Wojo just not give him a chance to be the primary ballhandler?

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2019, 07:56:55 AM »
I think it was a bad evaluation, but he wasn't brought in to be the primary ball handler.  I never thought that he would start unless he ended up being fantastic. 

When Joe C. was in the game and brought the ball off, he still gave it to Markus to initiate the offense when both were on the court.  Ditto Sam.  I have a feeling we are saying that others will be the point guard because we want that to happen.  But I really doubt it does.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2019, 08:00:08 AM »
Chartouny was a decent player on a bad A-10 team.  The thought was being surrounded by better talent would help him, as he would not have to do everything himself.    He had his moments.  2 more SOTG's than Joey.  Just not quick enough or confident enough for the Big East.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2019, 08:16:36 AM »
Wojo is back on Twitter? Has he shared any pearls of wisdom?

Yeah, "play angry,"
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2019, 08:20:40 AM »

That was strange.  First Wojo interrupts Sacar as he is answering his question, almost to get him to stop.  Then Sacar leaves with a comment by Wojo that at first glance looks sarcastic, but in retrospect obviously not.

Yeah you just don't do that if you're Sacar unless you are really pissed.  It was the only time he got to answer a question and his coach cuts him off.

Wow. That was pretty telling and uncomfortable. I had watched it at the time and didn't think too much of it. I didn't take Wojo's comment as critical of Sacar, but I suppose in the context of what we know now he may be thinking, "yeah, I'd love to be aggressive more often if I ever saw the ball on a regular basis..."

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2019, 08:22:05 AM »

Totally agree. It was weird and looked like a player who’d lost all respect for the coach. I also thought (admittedly reading into it possibly too deep) his almost defiant tone and explanation of how Markus is a complete basketball player and a great teammate were interesting. He was almost trying to ram that point down people’s throats
No Finish Line

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2019, 08:32:17 AM »
Totally agree. It was weird and looked like a player who’d lost all respect for the coach. I also thought (admittedly reading into it possibly too deep) his almost defiant tone and explanation of how Markus is a complete basketball player and a great teammate were interesting. He was almost trying to ram that point down people’s throats

Or maybe he had to take a crap?

2012 Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2019, 08:37:27 AM »
The comments of outside influence being harmful to the team were interesting as well.  Didn't think much of it at the time, but another interesting tidbit that Wojo may have known something was going on.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2019, 08:40:15 AM »

Reading too much into this.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2019, 08:41:28 AM »

Markus seemed uncomfortable and very rehearsed. Answered every question the same way, thanking his teammates for making his individual accomplishments possible.

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2019, 08:50:21 AM »

Do you have knowledge of this, or is that simply your interpretation?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2019, 08:53:42 AM »

Someone's head is planted in the sand.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2019, 08:57:08 AM »

Were you the guy in the video who started talking around the 3:30 mark?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2019, 09:26:54 AM »
Markus seemed uncomfortable and very rehearsed. Answered every question the same way, thanking his teammates for making his individual accomplishments possible.
or that's his true nature...thanking God and his teammates.

feedback