[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Two observations  (Read 30052 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Two observations
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
I finally burned my tivo'd copy of the MU@UW December game onto DVD and watched it again.

Amazing how much better our 5 spot was "way back then".

Burke looked like a quality starter, 4 for 5, 4 for 5 at the line.. 12 points and 9 rebounds in 17 quality minutes.  Ooze 3-5 and 3-5 at the line, 9 pts and 4 rebs in 21 minutes.  And, each of them had a couple blocks.  Ooze had 4 pfs, but a few of them were questionable.

And that was our last road win. 

http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/uw_12_08_07

mviale

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »
wisconsin was a total team effort and yes our team did well on the boards.  No reason we cant do that against Uconn
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2008, 10:56:31 PM »
Funny this thread started with Burke being better than Ooze ... tonight was Ooze's best game .. since .. UProv, 7 games ago.  He did some nice things here and there, and minimal ball handling mistakes .. DePaul abandoned the zone shortly after Ooze's short stint of productivity ..

I was surprised Trend didn't get in, though. 

RE Trend:  He and Hazel have not been following the team's rules/mentality.  Trend, at one point was moving down the bench like he thought he was going to come in soon and one of the assistants looked at him and told him he wasn't. Crean also apparently said something to Hazel and Blackledge that, "that won't fly on this team."  The context of that I do not know.  From one of the Humphrey DR's, Hazel and someone else, either Trevor or Trend, they didn't know, were not behaving in the night before a game manner that they are supposed to.  That may have something to do with it as well.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 01:44:20 AM »
A couple friends of mine saw Hazel and Trevor out on campus at like 1:30 Saturday morning. That might have something to do with it, as I'd imagine they'd have a curfew the night before the game.

jage

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 09:21:29 AM »
i can't say i'm terribly surprised. trend, despite is flashes of ability this year, has been a nightmare off the court from the moment he set foot on campus and hazel may never see many more minutes that what he's seeing now in four years here, especially if we sign jamil wilson next year (knock on wood). Wouldn't be surprised/care very much if he transfers.
You know what pressure is? It's when the cheerleaders are jumping and you don't notice their breasts. - Al McGuire

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 09:47:05 AM »
Crean also apparently said something to Hazel and Blackledge that, "that won't fly on this team."  The context of that I do not know.

From one of the Humphrey DR's, Hazel and someone else, either Trevor or Trend, they didn't know, were not behaving in the night before a game manner that they are supposed to.

A couple friends of mine saw Hazel and Trevor out on campus at like 1:30 Saturday morning. That might have something to do with it, as I'd imagine they'd have a curfew the night before the game.

trend, despite is flashes of ability this year, has been a nightmare off the court from the moment he set foot on campus

Well gee, with factual first hand accounts like that, I guess now we know why Blackledge doesn't play more. Good grief people!

feedback