Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: What I heard  (Read 31672 times)

Fred Garvin

• All American
What I heard
« on: April 15, 2019, 02:42:36 PM »
So without going into a boat load of details,a good friend of mine,who's son is very connected to Wisconsin players,who know Hausers very well said they hate playing with Howard.This is not on Wojo,remember they did not want to play with Herro as well.Wojo might not be great or whatever,but this is not on him.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
Re: What I heard
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 02:46:13 PM »
It's 100% on Wojo.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 02:46:44 PM »
I love Howard.

But listen... Markus announced on April 12th... hauser announce after?

I see it clear as day.
It’s been 3 days. Take the weekend contact schools. See what’s out there.
Announce.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 02:47:27 PM »
So without going into a boat load of details,a good friend of mine,who's son is very connected to Wisconsin players,who know Hausers very well said they hate playing with Howard.This is not on Wojo,remember they did not want to play with Herro as well.Wojo might not be great or whatever,but this is not on him.

When one of my eighth graders comes to me and tells me Matty is bothering them, then comes to me again and says Johnnie is bothering them, then comes to me and says Reggie is bothering them, eventually I turn to the kid and ask them what all of those situations have in common.

Maybe Sam and Joey, who have been the "stars" their whole lives, are the divas if they can't deal with being upstaged by Herro or Howard.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 02:48:08 PM »
And the person I spoke to said they love Markus, but do not like the pick and roll style of play Wojo coaches. Not enough movement in the offense.  They both feel like they can be point forwards and run the offense. On a side note, my opinion, both the Hausers play the same position. It's going to be hard at a high major to see them both starting.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 02:48:57 PM »
I believe I understand what you are saying, but to say this is not on Wojo is disingenuous. Wojo or any head coach would share in responsibility for what happened. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 02:49:55 PM »
And the person I spoke to said they love Markus, but do not like the pick and roll style of play Wojo coaches. Not enough movement in the offense.  They both feel like they can be point forwards and run the offense. On a side note, my opinion, both the Hausers play the same position. It's going to be hard at a high major to see them both starting.

Great, that’s fine but Joey couldn’t dribble without turning the ball over last year.

Me thinks Joey may be slightly overestimating his ability.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 02:50:19 PM »

Some high major will take them

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 02:50:47 PM »
Didn't markus get a tatoo of the hausers? lol they seemed very close off the court. But now sams leaving cuz he cant stand to play with him anymore after 3 years? ok. makes sense...

dannyb334

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 02:51:43 PM »

I partially believe this. What about their game makes them think they can be point forwards? If that was their goal and Wojo STILL decided to back up Markus at PG with Joseph C, it tells me their PG skills are not very developed. I could maybe see Sam at point in the right system, but no chance Joey gets PG minutes anywhere

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 02:55:21 PM »
Joey a point forward

Hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I’ve heard it all now.

Heck, while Sam may be capable. We seemed to go to Sacar more for that in desperate times
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 02:55:26 PM »
They may really get along well as friends,just don't play basketball well together.I do t know,I think if we would have had a true point guard,a lot of problems would have been solved

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 02:56:53 PM »
Didn't markus get a tatoo of the hausers? lol they seemed very close off the court. But now sams leaving cuz he cant stand to play with him anymore after 3 years? ok. makes sense...
Use your brain man, Sam probably does like Markus OFF the Court!  On the court a different story  Put yourself in there shoes, or any other of the players shoes....would you honestly want to play with Markus after last season?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 02:58:25 PM »

It took Sam three years to figure this out? 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 02:59:00 PM »

It took Sam three years to figure this out?

Sam is a very good big brother.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 03:01:20 PM »

Well then unnatural carnal knowledge the Hausers.  A Top 5 team coming back and Joey could have been without him for 2 of those years.  Im sorry but when they were with us they were ours but now that they have left and the potential they walked away from?  unnatural carnal knowledge the Hausers.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 03:01:45 PM »
They may really get along well as friends,just don't play basketball well together.I do t know,I think if we would have had a true point guard,a lot of problems would have been solved
BINGO!!!!

THEY DID NOT HAVE A TRUE PG.

That is what I been saying all along...that would have taken the ball out of Howard's hands and evenly distributed it.

Once other teams found out how to stop him or slow him down, and the injuries and pounding too effect late in the season it was too late to pass to the Hauser's.

I knew if he returned they would look to move on.

But it is still a bad move for the Hauser's to do this because winning is what it is all about. MU is already a high profile school so they would get looks. They should have waited to see what McEwen could do and how he would make them look.

It was a horrible move for them...now they both have to sit out next year. Sam might as well declared for the draft or go to the G-League now rather than transfer to another University. He wasting a year!   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 03:04:29 PM by MUHoopsFan2 »

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 03:03:06 PM »
Absolutely

burger

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2019, 03:05:12 PM »
Whatever reason you want to use......

And the possibilities are probably 5 to 10.....

The underlying issues always have to come back to Wojo.....

What recruit in 2020 will want to come here......

This is a Wojo firing moment.....

You have to protect the program now.....

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2019, 03:06:03 PM »
I mean based on all the evidence we have its 1 of 2 things.

1) They hate playing with Howard, and Sam is willing to delay making money 12 months and sit out a year in order get away.  Joey is willing to potentially burn 33% of his remaining eligibility to do the same.

2) Or they absolutely despise Wojo. 

Nothing else makes much sense. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 03:07:02 PM »
Use your brain man, Sam probably does like Markus OFF the Court!  On the court a different story  Put yourself in there shoes, or any other of the players shoes....would you honestly want to play with Markus after last season?
Markus carried the team to some big wins. You know Sam did average 11+ shots a game...his problem was his 3pt% dropped dramatically.  His assists went down as well. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 03:08:04 PM »
Whatever reason you want to use......

And the possibilities are probably 5 to 10.....

The underlying issues always have to come back to Wojo.....

What recruit in 2020 will want to come here......

This is a Wojo firing moment.....

You have to protect the program now.....

Recruits only care about playing time. They won’t care that a pair of brothers transferred who weren’t the best player on the team.

They’ll see Markus tearing it up and think I can be like that guy. Now if other players on the team transfer, then there are some issues but until then it’s an isolated incident.

You can want to get rid of Wojo for a ton of reasons, but not because of 2020 recruits.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 03:10:02 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 03:08:44 PM »
Sam is a very good big brother.

That is exactly my thought.  I wonder if part of this is watching Herro develop into a first round pick while Joey floundered at the end of the year.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2019, 03:09:08 PM »
I mean based on all the evidence we have its 1 of 2 things.

1) They hate playing with Howard, and Sam is willing to delay making money 12 months and sit out a year in order get away.  Joey is willing to potentially burn 33% of his remaining eligibility to do the same.

2) Or they absolutely despise Wojo. 

Nothing else makes much sense.

If it's 1), that's poor teamwork on the Hausers.
If it's 2), why did it take 3 years for Sam to figure out?

marquette20

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 03:09:30 PM »
My understanding is that it wasn’t an issue with Markus as more of an issue with Wojo and his handling of Markus. Wojo held him to a lower standard which led to the disconnect. It’s not a just Markus thing as the same thing happened with Roswey as well. Sam and Joey felt this wasn’t going to change hence the transfer. This is indeed a fire wojo moment but that will never happen.