[Today at 09:50:49 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[Today at 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Where will the Hausers transfer?

Wisconsin
61 (26.2%)
Virginia
106 (45.5%)
Michigan State
31 (13.3%)
Texas
11 (4.7%)
UWSP
24 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author Topic: Where will the Hausers land?  (Read 35355 times)

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: Where will the Hausers land?
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 03:33:12 PM »
Not really, it was more stating it is what it is. Sam was my favorite player over the past three years.

Almost Every player on a high major basketball team was the guy in high school. Some players adapt, some players transfer. It’s not wrong for them to do so, they have to look out for themselves. But some players adapt better than others.
I think you’re underselling the real issue and reason they’re transferring. This sure looks like it goes beyond wanting more touches.
No Finish Line

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2019, 03:33:26 PM »
Them ending up at UW is a nightmare, but it's hard not to see it happening. 

It is no secret that they grew up Badger fans, apparently Sam's longtime GF is on the UW volleyball team, and they are also close with their HS teammate and current Badger Trevor Anderson... PUKE.
The girlfriend thing is true and is not speculation in any way.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2019, 03:34:50 PM »
I think you’re underselling the real issue and reason they’re transferring. This sure looks like it goes beyond wanting more touches.

Probably true. I don’t think there’s one specific reason you can point directly at.

Just a cumulative effect of a lot of things.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2019, 03:37:03 PM »
If they both have to sit out a year [which to me is a travesty and makes this decision terrible for them] and its with your little brother...you might as go to Wisconsin.

But MU fans dont want to hear or see that. But that would be the best place for them. However, if they want to get away from the circus Virginia might be and option too.

Not sure what Sam is thinking...though. He is already on the NBA radar, what more does he want? He is just wasting a year. He should declare for the draft if you ask me, right now.

Of go to the G-League as a free agent if he is going to leave now. But he is worried about his little brother which is admirable.

Bad decision imo, but their's to make.   

HammerScreen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2019, 03:41:20 PM »
I thought coaches could block transfers to certain schools. Is it possible to block a UW transfer?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2019, 03:45:12 PM »
I would of voted Iowa St, but you left them out of the poll.

I wonder how may real possibilities there are. A school would need two scholarship openings and then have a roster that would fit both of them starting in two years. I cannot see them going to a school where both would not start.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 03:47:00 PM »
I would of voted Iowa St, but you left them out of the poll.

I wonder how may real possibilities there are. A school would need two scholarship openings and then have a roster that would fit both of them starting in two years. I cannot see them going to a school where both would not start.

Yea, certainly a tough situation. You would have to be a Final Four contender as well because nobody is going to take a one year rental for two years of scholarships.

breadtree

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 03:49:27 PM »

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2019, 03:51:24 PM »
I’d actually love for them to go to Bucky. Can you imagine the boost to Badger Hate Week? So much fun.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 03:56:38 PM »
Lets remember that Bucky didn't think that Sam was good enough for them (I don't care that it was Bo who thought that, not Gard), and a potential future teammate of theirs gave Joey a good old intentional sack tapping this year (talk about chemistry issues).  I don't think either of them are good enough defensively to play at UVA, and although MSU might be an option, I would bet on Nebraska.  They view themselves as NBA prospects, why not go play for a former NBA coach that is known for transfers.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 04:10:59 PM »
Lets remember that Bucky didn't think that Sam was good enough for them (I don't care that it was Bo who thought that, not Gard), and a potential future teammate of theirs gave Joey a good old intentional sack tapping this year (talk about chemistry issues).  I don't think either of them are good enough defensively to play at UVA, and although MSU might be an option, I would bet on Nebraska.  They view themselves as NBA prospects, why not go play for a former NBA coach that is known for transfers.

If they aren't good enough defensively for Virginia (they're not), then they ain't gonna be good enough for Izzo either.

Pakuni

• All American

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2019, 04:36:55 PM »
Sam is good enough defensively for UVA

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2019, 05:08:37 PM »
Two offensive-minded players that have NBA aspirations, want to be the primary guys on the team.

Idk, thinking rationally, you would imagine they would have a wide-open mind and consider each interested school.

Also, if they just wanted to play at UW together, Joey could have just chosen UW and Sam transferred a while back. What, did we have a better medical program than UW for him to rehab? Idk. The evidence there, along with regular old logic, doesn't make that fit seem obvious. I mean, if they really hate the system at MU, you really think they are going to choose Greg Gard of all people?

Nobody is doubting that they are both quality high-major players, I just think they will choose the best fit. This seems more of a move targeted towards their future aspirations and the need to present yourself as well as possible. At least, in their own minds. Playing for your childhood team is probably not the most critical factor. It might not even be a factor at all.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2019, 05:18:45 PM »
Them ending up at UW is a nightmare, but it's hard not to see it happening. 

It is no secret that they grew up Badger fans, apparently Sam's longtime GF is on the UW volleyball team, and they are also close with their HS teammate and current Badger Trevor Anderson... PUKE.
it would be kind of hilariously sad and pathetic

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2019, 05:30:57 PM »
If they want to play at the next level, then it’s Virginia or Michigan State.  If development is a key to their future, that makes far more sense than Wisconsin. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2019, 05:44:35 PM »
If they want to play at the next level, then it’s Virginia or Michigan State.  If development is a key to their future, that makes far more sense than Wisconsin.

Also, if coaching is the big issue, I don’t know if Gard would be the one I’d run to.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2019, 06:13:18 PM »
If Sam and Joey end up at UW, it will be the worst and most embarrassing day in the history of Marquette hoops.  And I don’t even think I’m being hyperbolic.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2019, 06:16:12 PM »
Yup, Bucky is not the route for them to the NBA.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2019, 06:17:26 PM »
Yup, Bucky is not the route for them to the NBA.

Not to mention Joey did get punched in the nuts by one of their players and Sam was given a thanks but no thanks.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2019, 06:35:13 PM »
Has anyone looked ... does Bucky have two open schollies to take them?  Or would they walk on?
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2019, 06:37:57 PM »
Has anyone looked ... does Bucky have two open schollies to take them?  Or would they walk on?

They do have two scholarships open

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2019, 06:38:43 PM »
Their board is quite thrilled to bring them in. pretty embarrsing

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2019, 06:44:07 PM »
Their board is quite thrilled to bring them in. pretty embarrsing

I’ll be shocked if they don’t end up at Virginia.  We can nitpick the slow pace but the offense gets open shots for guys.  They’d thrive there.  And win

MU82

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 07:00:58 PM »
I just got done in another thread saying that I don't care where they end up. But I do have to admit that I would not be a happy camper if they end up in F%ckyland.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback