[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Goodbye McCormick Hall......New "hotel"/dorm ideas....  (Read 41784 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
Re: Goodbye McCormick Hall......New "hotel"/dorm ideas....
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2019, 06:15:37 PM »
As McCormick Hall falls Marq Magazine continues to highlight the benefits of this $50,000/yr "education" that includes Soledad O'Brien being part of a panel on inclusivity, Marquette's new police chief as a ceiling breaker, and a female 2013 MU educated reporter who exposes hunger, poverty and inequities in general (yep so much hunger in America where my Irish friend once told me that even the poor people in America are fat). 

Meanwhile Marquette takes all the loot they steal from students and alumni alike to build a state of the art
"Human Performance Research Center"????????  So much for Wisconsin being a state of beer, cheese curds and 8 month winters as it's now apparently a mecca for world class fitness!  Now if only MU can find any sufficient revenue streams to keep this center from becoming a money drain so the university won't have to raise tuition to $75,000/yr to pay for the losses.  I can't believe no PE money wanted to jump in and co-invest to such a well thought out business plan?  ::) :'( 

As someone who has dated women of all races and who had a hot date with a gorgeous black woman this past Saturday (she told me the security guard kept hitting on her every time I went to the bathroom, yep she was hot!) I can give way more insight on inclusivity and common sense to the students than some fake celebrity like Soledad O'Brien.  However Marquette will only call me if I charge $40,000 per each guest appearance as they love wasting money so they can in turn overcharge the students for their "education"!  :(
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 07:19:04 PM by duanewade »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2019, 06:23:12 PM »
As McCormick Hall falls Marq Magazine continues to highlight the benefits of this $50,000/yr "education" that includes Soledad O'Brien being part of a panel on inclusivity, Marquette's new police chief as a ceiling breaker, and a female 2013 MU educated reporter who exposes hunger, poverty and inequities in general (yep so much hunger in America where my Irish friend once told me that even the poor people in America are fat). 

Meanwhile Marquette takes all the loot they steal from students and alumni alike to build a state of the art
"Human Performance Research Center"????????  So much for Wisconsin being a state of beer, cheese curds  and 8 month winters as it's now apparently a mecca for world class fitness!  Now if only MU can find any sufficient revenue streams to keep this center from becoming a money drain so the university won't have to raise tuition to $75,000/yr to pay for the losses.  I can't believe no PE money wanted to jump in and co-invest to such a well thought out business plan?  ::) :'( 

As someone who has dated women of all races and who had a hot date with a gorgeous black woman this past Saturday (she told me the security guard kept hitting on her every time I went to the bathroom, yep she was hot!) I can give way more insight on inclusivity and common sense to the students than some fake celebrity like Soledad O'Brien.  However Marquette will only call me if I charge $40,000 per each guest appearance as they love wasting money so they can in turn overcharge the students for their "education"!  :(

I don't know how old your irish friend is but nobodys been hungry there since the early 90s. Also fat is actually relative to diet and lack of activity it has nothing to do with how wealthy or poor you are. Unless you're trying to draw a correlation to food deserts and lack of nutritional education in poor areas which given your posts of late I'd be shocked if you had the sense to do.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2019, 08:29:04 PM »

that's one way to unclog the pipes of all those flushed 'finger cots" eyn'er?  i'd stay clear of bradford beach for a few weeks
don't...don't don't don't don't

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2019, 08:45:18 PM »

Recovery of building items for recycling. It's much cheaper and easier to dismantle this way rather than blow it up and sort through the rubble.

Thanks for the explanation

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2019, 08:54:21 PM »

"Human Performance Research Center"????????  So much for Wisconsin being a state of beer, cheese curds and 8 month winters as it's now apparently a mecca for world class fitness!  Now if only MU can find any sufficient revenue streams to keep this center from becoming a money drain so the university won't have to raise tuition to $75,000/yr to pay for the losses.  I can't believe no PE money wanted to jump in and co-invest to such a well thought out business plan?  ::) :'( 

Well written. You should send to Lovell.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2019, 08:54:39 PM »

So you had to explicitly state the race of the woman you dated. Very inclusive of you.
You might want to go visit some poor rural parts of the US, might change your mind, or maybe not since you seem more fixated on self adulation. Related to Herman Cain / 9-9-9?
Goal is National Championship

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2019, 02:50:59 PM »
McCormick no longer
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2019, 02:59:16 PM »
Have some patience, FFS.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2019, 05:39:31 PM »
Great spot for a new Rec Center.😉

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2019, 06:35:40 PM »

True end of an era

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2019, 06:40:50 PM »
Good riddance
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2019, 07:08:08 PM »

For sure, but hasn’t the plan changed and something else is going there instead?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2019, 08:37:22 PM »
For sure, but hasn’t the plan changed and something else is going there instead?

The Arby's Mega-Experience Store breaks ground on Monday. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2019, 08:39:56 PM »
The Arby's Mega-Experience Store breaks ground on Monday. 

Featuring "Is it Horsey Sauce or..."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2019, 10:40:08 PM »
Looks weird not being there.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2019, 10:48:19 PM »
Its like seeing a long lost friend that lost an arm.

RIP McCormick

God Bless America

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2019, 10:56:59 PM »
Its like seeing a long lost friend that lost an arm.

RIP McCormick

God Bless America

Major dittos to this
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2019, 11:54:04 PM »
Major dittos to this

All the way fm N. FL today, on my way to the Packer game and saw it today.  Been a long time since the last time and to be honest, sad to see it go! 

I remember the shredded phone books tossed out the lounge windows the night MU won in 1977 like yesterday.  What a great night!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2019, 08:06:34 AM »
All the way fm N. FL today, on my way to the Packer game and saw it today.  Been a long time since the last time and to be honest, sad to see it go! 

I remember the shredded phone books tossed out the lounge windows the night MU won in 1977 like yesterday.  What a great night!

Great story...you might want to explain what a phone book is.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2019, 08:43:44 AM »

It's complicated...
Have some patience, FFS.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2019, 08:59:29 AM »
It's complicated...

Not that complicated. They don’t have the money. Fundraising has not matched Lovell’s ambitions. He’s run all sorts of people out after labeling them as bad apples, but the replacements are struggling as well. Board needs to ask more questions.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2019, 09:04:28 AM »

Not that complicated. They don’t have the money. Fundraising has not matched Lovell’s ambitions. He’s run all sorts of people out after labeling them as bad apples, but the replacements are struggling as well. Board needs to ask more questions.

I don't think there's many people that thought the master plan was really sustainable in the first place.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2019, 09:10:17 AM »
I don't think there's many people that thought the master plan was really sustainable in the first place.

“Not really sustainable in the first place” is the entire motto of the Lovell tenure. Budget, fundraising, enrollment, etc. Ambitions way exceed capabilities.

Probably why Wojo has a long leash. At least that part of the enterprise is functioning somewhat well.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2019, 09:23:06 AM »
“Not really sustainable in the first place” is the entire motto of the Lovell tenure. Budget, fundraising, enrollment, etc. Ambitions way exceed capabilities.

Probably why Wojo has a long leash. At least that part of the enterprise is functioning somewhat well.

This is a little harsh.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2019, 09:26:18 AM »

Regardless, campus will be better without McCormick still attending.