Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Goodbye McCormick Hall......New "hotel"/dorm ideas....  (Read 41797 times)

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
Re: Goodbye McCormick Hall......New "hotel"/dorm ideas....
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2019, 06:13:01 PM »
What the hell is this post about by the way?

The new NM

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2019, 06:28:08 PM »
I think that in the Knowledge Economy a post grad degree has become essential.

Try getting into a top notch grad school without an undergrad degree. Here's the bottom line: You won't.

To be genuinely competitive and effective in the fields where you can both make scratch and make a difference you need the academic credentials that not only open the door but give you the empowering tools to perform. 

The only area I know of that doesn't "require" at least a bachelor's degree is coding. But that is eroding fast. theBabyDavid's mother works at MSFT and the cachet of being a non-degreed super geek are almost gone.

MSFT recruits aggressively for the best talent at five universities: MIT, Cal Tech, Michigan, Carnegie Mellon, and GA Tech. They are going after the best computer engineering and computer science grads available. And the same holds true for Amazon, Google, Apple, Intel, et al

If you want to improve your odds of being competitive you need to go to college. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. 

joparks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2019, 11:46:20 PM »
MarKus*... You should have spent more money on school.

So the guy who started the board on a frenzy a few weeks back by posting that Markus was turning pro (which has since been proven false) nips my post because I spelled Markus wrong?   Maybe if you could have saved a few extra dollars in your tuition, you could have paid for better sources.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2019, 03:46:43 PM »
What the hell is this post about by the way?
The forum is notorious for that! LOL drives me nuts.

They make a subject title...you click on it if it has some interest for you...you sift through the first 3 posts...AND THEY DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING THAT THE POST was supposed to be about.

The conversation is completely opposite to what the title post said. A complete waste of 2 minutes of my time...lol     

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2019, 04:12:42 PM »
politics.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 04:16:30 PM by SoCalwarrior »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2019, 04:15:18 PM »
Finally a dumb post where it's too far into politics. Can we ban this guy now?
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2019, 04:19:01 PM »
politics.

Damn,  sorry I missed this
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2019, 05:56:25 PM »

This is a free country and free message board, or so I thought.  My post was related to the original thread and the basketball program. 

« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 06:35:36 PM by SoCalwarrior »

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2019, 06:40:12 PM »

This is a free country and free message board, or so I thought.  My post was related to the original thread and the basketball program.

Nope, not a free message board, but Rocky takes care of the cost for you. We have one or two rules. No politics is one of them, but not even that is heavily enforced. However, if you are a repeat offender that we actually have to moderate then yes, you can find yourself on the wrong side of the ban hammer.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2019, 08:24:24 PM »
Nope, not a free message board, but Rocky takes care of the cost for you. We have one or two rules. No politics is one of them, but not even that is heavily enforced. However, if you are a repeat offender that we actually have to moderate then yes, you can find yourself on the wrong side of the ban hammer.

So Cal, from the abyss, wields the banhammer with deftness, and deadly accuracy.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2019, 09:24:19 PM »

Write a letter, aina?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2019, 09:32:25 PM »

Can you please provide your thoughts on Hausergate. I for one appreciate your nuanced point of view.Thanks.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2019, 09:37:55 PM »

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2019, 09:41:42 PM »
So Cal, from the abyss, wields the banhammer with deftness, and deadly accuracy.
Known as the Thor from SoCal, hey?
Goal is National Championship

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2019, 10:45:00 AM »

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2019, 03:33:02 PM »
Can you please provide your thoughts on Hausergate. I for one appreciate your nuanced point of view.Thanks.

Herman....Too bad they kept taking my post down a couple weeks ago as I regularly predict future events with a 90% accuracy long before they happen.  I was a little off on when they would announce Wojo's contract extension but I'm sure after next year's NIT appearance the AD will announce they've extended Wojo's contract again in perpetuity.  Only makes sense that they will do this as it's consistent with giving him a 5 year extension after getting blown out by a mid-major in the 1st round.  The sad thing is MU had a roster more talented than this year's Virginia team and last year's Final 4 Loyola team yet we played like we didn't even belong in the NIT down the stretch. 

My original post was:
Meanwhile the Hauser's just both cemented their future in the NBA.  Any GM worth his salt will realize that they are looking at two tall, elite shooters who also enjoy smarts, conviction and balls.  Most kids would have just stayed the course and been comfortable with all the losing and their coach dorking them around.  However the Hausers being winners hold people to account and when Wojo didn't live up to his end of the bargain they took the harder road by opting to walk.  I have no doubt this will work out great for both of them.  Sam was a warrior and deserves to show what he can do in March on a team with a serious coach during his last year of eligibility.  :)

Unfortunately what's left of the Marquette team will lead to a season just worse than the Rowsey's senior year at Marquette.  I think we'll make the NIT but won't get to host three games in the NIT and will bow out in the first or second round. 

Buzz would have found a way to maximize the team's collective quickness to create turnovers and get easy baskets to offset the team's lack of driving ability and underneath scoring.  However under Wojo it will just be more three point launching, poor strategy and nominal player development. 

After next season the corrupt MU establishment, who is just interested in portraying MU's new choir boy image and making money off of basketball, will announce they have agreed to a lifetime contact extension with Coach Wojo!  They will proclaim he embodies what the university stands for while also announcing the "exciting" conference additions of Dayton and Duquesne to ensure he can at least come close to going .500 in conference games.   :-[ ::)

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2019, 03:49:54 PM »
Herman....Too bad they kept taking my post down a couple weeks ago as I regularly predict future events with a 90% accuracy long before they happen.  I was a little off on when they would announce Wojo's contract extension but I'm sure after next year's NIT appearance the AD will announce they've extended Wojo's contract again in perpetuity.  Only makes sense that they will do this as it's consistent with giving him a 5 year extension after getting blown out by a mid-major in the 1st round.  The sad thing is MU had a roster more talented than this year's Virginia team and last year's Final 4 Loyola team yet we played like we didn't even belong in the NIT down the stretch. 

My original post was:
Meanwhile the Hauser's just both cemented their future in the NBA.  Any GM worth his salt will realize that they are looking at two tall, elite shooters who also enjoy smarts, conviction and balls.  Most kids would have just stayed the course and been comfortable with all the losing and their coach dorking them around.  However the Hausers being winners hold people to account and when Wojo didn't live up to his end of the bargain they took the harder road by opting to walk.  I have no doubt this will work out great for both of them.  Sam was a warrior and deserves to show what he can do in March on a team with a serious coach during his last year of eligibility.  :)

Unfortunately what's left of the Marquette team will lead to a season just worse than the Rowsey's senior year at Marquette.  I think we'll make the NIT but won't get to host three games in the NIT and will bow out in the first or second round. 

Buzz would have found a way to maximize the team's collective quickness to create turnovers and get easy baskets to offset the team's lack of driving ability and underneath scoring.  However under Wojo it will just be more three point launching, poor strategy and nominal player development. 

After next season the corrupt MU establishment, who is just interested in portraying MU's new choir boy image and making money off of basketball, will announce they have agreed to a lifetime contact extension with Coach Wojo!  They will proclaim he embodies what the university stands for while also announcing the "exciting" conference additions of Dayton and Duquesne to ensure he can at least come close to going .500 in conference games.   :-[ ::)

Who invited the good news bear???  Some one get him some sweet honey. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2019, 02:41:00 PM »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2019, 02:57:26 PM »
How come they couldn't just implode it? Is it too close to other buildings to do that?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2019, 02:58:08 PM »
The trash bag draperies are apt.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2019, 03:09:00 PM »
Any petrified Tombstone Pizzas found yet?

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2019, 03:11:34 PM »

Just as I remember it in '99-00.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2019, 03:44:30 PM »
How come they couldn't just implode it? Is it too close to other buildings to do that?

Recovery of building items for recycling. It's much cheaper and easier to dismantle this way rather than blow it up and sort through the rubble.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2019, 04:09:30 PM »
Thankfully there's been no construction dust to speak of, seeing as how the entire building is still soaked in beer.

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2019, 04:53:46 PM »
Duanewade is one wise politically incorrect lad, a lone but most important voice who understands the indoctrination system of psychological imprisonment.

feedback