[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Best Basketball Player Ever From Every State  (Read 8751 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Best Basketball Player Ever From Every State
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2020, 06:10:56 PM »
Part of the overall dumbing down going on.  Dave Chappelle had a great line about Lebron playing in the WNBA and scoring like 800 points a game.  He was dead on and we continue to play these dumb little societal games in a steady drumbeat of nonsense.  Good for Ricky Gervais to skewer a bunch of them last night.

cheap laughs from Chappell but typical of the "women need to just accept their place as the inferior gender crowd." Let's focus on physical characteristics and take the best male physical and athletics specimen on the planet and compare them to women. I don't think I've ever heard a mainstream argument that women are equal to men in athletics but if you want to belittle the idea of women's equality, use athletics to apply to every facet of life when it comes to gender equality.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2020, 06:16:41 PM »
cheap laughs from Chappell but typical of the "women need to just accept their place as the inferior gender crowd." Let's focus on physical characteristics and take the best male physical and athletics specimen on the planet and compare them to women. I don't think I've ever heard a mainstream argument that women are equal to men in athletics but if you want to belittle the idea of women's equality, use athletics to apply to every facet of life when it comes to gender equality.

This thread sure took a massive, steaming dump.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2020, 06:35:16 PM »
This thread sure took a massive, steaming dump.

it had already been ruined, I figured I'd finish it off.

It was a poorly conceived article anyway in that set the requirement based upon where someone was born. Kevin Love would never consider himself a Californian, he's an Oregonian.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2020, 05:47:16 PM »

I’m simply not ignoring my eyeballs or common sense...or physics for that matter. 

Women are better than men at many things.  Men are better than women at many things.  When we say equality, what does it mean?  Which is exactly what DC asked.  There is equality in opportunity.  There is equality in access and rights.   Those do not mean everyone is equal in talent. 

When one says the best player in the state in the game of basketball which has rules that give great advantage to height, strength, mass, agility, jumping ability, etc....it matters.  That is just fundamental common sense.  Of course if one uses commons sense they are accused of belittling, or insecure or whatever.  If the statement was best basketball shooter...that’s different.  Best basketball dribbler, best basketball passer...sure.  It wasn’t.  And for pointing out the obvious it is politically incorrect and the charges fly. 

This is why so many people cannot stand PC stuff because the basic common sense observations they are told are INVALID not for any legitimate reason except ...well except they are told to just accept them.  Or to use DC’s comments...to shut the F Up or stand to be criticized for believing one’s lying eyes.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2020, 07:01:56 AM »
I’m simply not ignoring my eyeballs or common sense...or physics for that matter. 

Women are better than men at many things.  Men are better than women at many things.  When we say equality, what does it mean?  Which is exactly what DC asked.  There is equality in opportunity.  There is equality in access and rights.   Those do not mean everyone is equal in talent. 

When one says the best player in the state in the game of basketball which has rules that give great advantage to height, strength, mass, agility, jumping ability, etc....it matters.  That is just fundamental common sense.  Of course if one uses commons sense they are accused of belittling, or insecure or whatever.  If the statement was best basketball shooter...that’s different.  Best basketball dribbler, best basketball passer...sure.  It wasn’t.  And for pointing out the obvious it is politically incorrect and the charges fly. 

This is why so many people cannot stand PC stuff because the basic common sense observations they are told are INVALID not for any legitimate reason except ...well except they are told to just accept them.  Or to use DC’s comments...to shut the F Up or stand to be criticized for believing one’s lying eyes.

These are Generalization not common sense observations, ALL women are not better than ALL men at things and vice versa. You could say SOME women are better than SOME men or even MOST but not ALL.  Example, willing to bet anyone in the WNB or women’s college basketball is superior to you in basketball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2020, 10:50:58 AM »
It ought to be obvious to anyone with a dozen functioning brain cells that these players are being rated relative to their competition. If not, there's zero chance any pre-80s (90s?) player would make it. Today's players are just too much bigger/faster/stronger.

But leave it to the resident aggreived dude to spin a clickbait article into everything that's wrong with the world today because it (gasp!) treats women athletes with respect.
Imagine how fragile one's masculinity must be to let that bother you. Most guys like that just buy a big truck or a lot of guns.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2020, 08:48:16 AM »
It ought to be obvious to anyone with a dozen functioning brain cells that these players are being rated relative to their competition. If not, there's zero chance any pre-80s (90s?) player would make it. Today's players are just too much bigger/faster/stronger.

But leave it to the resident aggreived dude to spin a clickbait article into everything that's wrong with the world today because it (gasp!) treats women athletes with respect.
Imagine how fragile one's masculinity must be to let that bother you. Most guys like that just buy a big truck or a lot of guns.

Then title it different.

Best player in the state is best player in the state....anyone with a dozen functioning brain cells can read what it says and the PC output that defies what it said.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

feedback