[Today at 02:02:23 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by onepost
[Today at 12:53:48 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU82
[Today at 12:50:47 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode IX  (Read 18974 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Star Wars Episode IX
« on: April 12, 2019, 01:00:45 PM »
Teaser is out and Paps is back baby!

The Rise of Skywalker...I did it, but weird because they've been going out of their way to say this was the end of the Skywalker Saga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Star Wars Episode IX
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 01:47:26 PM »
Teaser is out and Paps is back baby!

The Rise of Skywalker...I did it, but weird because they've been going out of their way to say this was the end of the Skywalker Saga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs

Force ghost? His own body? Clone?

That was obviously a death star. So, Yavin or Endor? Why are they there?

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »
Is Kylo Ren fighting a bad guy in that sequence? Tough to tell.

Anakin started good, then became bad (now is good again?). Maybe Kylo follows a similar trajectory. Maybe not.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 02:02:19 PM »
Is Kylo Ren fighting a bad guy in that sequence? Tough to tell.

Anakin started good, then became bad (now is good again?). Maybe Kylo follows a similar trajectory. Maybe not.

Don't think so, there are stormtroopers on this left that are clearly fighting with him.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 02:05:34 PM »
Don't think so, there are stormtroopers on this left that are clearly fighting with him.

Yeah, suppose you're right!

At the outset, it would seem he's most likely the tie-in to the title... But perhaps too obvious.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 02:05:53 PM »
Force ghost? His own body? Clone?

That was obviously a death star. So, Yavin or Endor? Why are they there?

Yeah, it's either Yavin IV, Endor, or Endor's moon.....my guess is it's DeathStar II and they are looking for the source of the revived Paps. I doubt it's a force ghost cause we haven't seen/heard of a Sith force ghost. My guess is that Paps is really Darth Plagus and created a new body for himself (probably on Jakku based on the stupid Chuck Windig books) and he's been manipulating things in the background the whole time.

Either way I really really really hope that Kylo Ren isn't redeemed in this. Dude killed his dad and has gone full evil, don't give him the Anakin spin, cause not even Anakin killed a loved one.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 02:08:51 PM »
I enjoyed the teaser

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 06:15:38 PM »
The title leads me to believe that there will be episodes X, XI, and XII.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 09:32:22 PM »
Big boner here.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 06:26:54 AM »
The title leads me to believe that there will be episodes X, XI, and XII.

Rolling Stone had some details with the trailer.  It said Disney is planning more trilogies but only after it takes a short hiatus from Star Wars movies.  Mentioned there are already more spin-off movies in pre-production and sounded like they may wait until after December's opening to announce the specifics.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »
My expectation would be Disney will focus its Star Wars efforts on Disney + over the next few years.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 04:54:10 PM »
The top theory on Reddit is that the Skywalker title is actually a reference to a new order (created by Rey) with that name, seeing as Luke was the Last Jedi.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/bcgbnr/theory_the_last_jedi_the_rise_of_skywalker/

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 06:57:56 PM »
The top theory on Reddit is that the Skywalker title is actually a reference to a new order (created by Rey) with that name, seeing as Luke was the Last Jedi.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/bcgbnr/theory_the_last_jedi_the_rise_of_skywalker/

Certainly possible. But, if true, should it be "rise of THE Skywalker"?

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 08:17:23 PM »
Certainly possible. But, if true, should it be "rise of THE Skywalker"?

Maybe I'm getting the signals crossed here, but I think they meant that the entire order (as in Rey and all others following) would be Skywalkers. Basically, subbing in the word Skywalker for Jedi. Of course, perhaps the entire paradigm of the order would be different... Some suggested that maybe they will be a mixture of good and bad, "bringing balance to the force".

Also, "Rise of Skywalkers" would be too obviously weird of a title, IMO. Like these theories in all probability!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 08:20:02 PM by Eat mower hamberders »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 08:36:18 PM »
Maybe I'm getting the signals crossed here, but I think they meant that the entire order (as in Rey and all others following) would be Skywalkers. Basically, subbing in the word Skywalker for Jedi. Of course, perhaps the entire paradigm of the order would be different... Some suggested that maybe they will be a mixture of good and bad, "bringing balance to the force".

Also, "Rise of Skywalkers" would be too obviously weird of a title, IMO. Like these theories in all probability!

I understand. I just assumed "Skywalker" would be used as a collective noun, much like Jedi and sith. Therefore, as a singular order/group, it would be "the Skywalker" (plural) much like the Jedi or the sith meant all of the individual Jedi and sith as one order/group

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 05:00:34 PM »
I know I'm late to the party but I just watched the teaser today.

I'm interested to see where this goes.  But if this movie is a bust, I'm going to be really sour about future Star Wars movies.

There have been some bright spots in the sequel trilogy, but overall it feels tossed together without a cohesive story arc.

At this point,  I hope the next trilogy is set in the distant past.  Get away from the Skywalker timeline and make it completely fresh.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 06:30:56 PM »
I know I'm late to the party but I just watched the teaser today.

I'm interested to see where this goes.  But if this movie is a bust, I'm going to be really sour about future Star Wars movies.

There have been some bright spots in the sequel trilogy, but overall it feels tossed together without a cohesive story arc.

At this point,  I hope the next trilogy is set in the distant past.  Get away from the Skywalker timeline and make it completely fresh.

IX has already been announced as the final film related to the Skywalker bloodline.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 07:05:06 PM »
I just hope that the Night King is killed in a more eloquent manner in this one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 07:28:09 PM »
I just hope that the Night King is killed in a more eloquent manner in this one.

Now this is proper trolling.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2019, 09:33:43 AM »
Now this is proper trolling.

I'd make a deep, pretentious bow, but my back hurts after I took many (far too many) swings on the golf course yesterday.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2019, 09:50:58 AM »

In which movie do we find out Snoke was really the Night King?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2019, 10:49:13 AM »

Episode LXIX

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »
Right after it becomes a ride at Disney world. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2019, 11:13:19 AM »

Real talk tho.  Snoke is Darth Plagueis the wise.  He let himself be killed by Kylo Ren to cement his status as a Sith lord.  Snoke will be back in my opinion.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2019, 11:39:36 AM »
Real talk tho.  Snoke is Darth Plagueis the wise.  He let himself be killed by Kylo Ren to cement his status as a Sith lord.  Snoke will be back in my opinion.

Disagree, Palps is Darth Plagueis and Snoke was his apprentice from that story