[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by PointWarrior
[Today at 01:43:07 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MARKUS IS BACK  (Read 30809 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: MARKUS IS BACK
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2019, 08:45:47 PM »
How do you know, oh fluffy one?

As to why? Maybe they don't like the fact that Markus dominates the ball so much. Maybe they're concerned that with Koby coming on the scene next year they'll see it even less.

They are better teammates than that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2019, 08:54:44 PM »
Glass houses, aina?

LOL. Precisely.

Chico lecturing someone about what a true fan says about the players he's allegedly rooting for is the irony of ironies.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:26:19 PM by Lennys Tap »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2019, 08:57:45 PM »
Show me a single post where I have ever "bashed" the team?? Wojo yes..he has to own it. He says himself "it's on him". But I will NEVER EVER rip a player, never have, and I'm disgusted when people do. In fact, I have no idea why that's even allowed here.

I didn't say player, I said team.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2019, 09:27:48 PM »
Simply sharing the info as it comes to me.

You don't have to post everything the voices in your head say.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2019, 09:35:45 PM »
How is passing on the speculation that the Hausers are unhappy considered "bashing the team and players".

Kids are playing high D-1 ball and are on National TV every night. They know criticism is coming and can handle.

That being said, not criticizing them. Just heard they're unhappy.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2019, 09:41:07 PM »
For the sake of argument though, would you rather have both Hausers and no Markus, or Markus and no Hausers? Think I'd take the brothers.

For the sake of argument, this doesn't matter.

Because Markus IS coming back, so one of your two options is not in play and therefore totally irrelevant.

Again, if playing another year with Markus will make the Hausers miserable, and the situation is irreconcilable, they should go. I am 100% serious. I don't want them to leave, and I like what another poster said about them hopefully working things out (which is why I added the irreconcilable clause above), but it's not as if the Hausers don't have options.

If I were the source of all the "inside info" spat out in this post, and if I had offered that info in confidence, I wouldn't be thrilled that it was being shared on an interwebs site populated by  anonymous strangers.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2019, 09:41:31 PM »
How is passing on the speculation that the Hausers are unhappy considered "bashing the team and players".

Kids are playing high D-1 ball and are on National TV every night. They know criticism is coming and can handle.

That being said, not criticizing them. Just heard they're unhappy.

The thing is...you have to be VERY careful about what you hear and WHO you are hearing it from. That's the key. There are lots of people with agenda's out there, lots of people that hear things from other people, that aren't close to factual, and those people believe them, pass the info on to others, others post it...and there we go...wild and rampant speculation ensues. This is a free board, and as Gato said, it IS read by MU people. Everyone needs to be really careful about what they say, because it will be seen by people that matter.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2019, 10:14:59 PM »
I agree, slamming players is 100% inexcusable...that should never happen. I blast Wojo, he's the Coach, he's free game, the players however should not be free game. That is something I can say, I have never done, or will do.
I agree with this analysis
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2019, 10:16:10 PM »
Glass houses, aina?

I never once called for Buzz to be fired.  Unlike Guru and others here for Wojo.  And yes, I ripped the team and apologized for it....let me know when those ripping the team now apologize.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2019, 10:25:31 PM »
The thing is...you have to be VERY careful about what you hear and WHO you are hearing it from. That's the key. There are lots of people with agenda's out there, lots of people that hear things from other people, that aren't close to factual, and those people believe them, pass the info on to others, others post it...and there we go...wild and rampant speculation ensues. This is a free board, and as Gato said, it IS read by MU people. Everyone needs to be really careful about what they say, because it will be seen by people that matter.

I understand your point.

What kind of agenda are you talking about though? What is there to gain by starting a rumor the bros are unhappy?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2019, 10:44:30 PM »
I understand your point.

What kind of agenda are you talking about though? What is there to gain by starting a rumor the bros are unhappy?

If the people you hear it from..heard it from someone else originally..well..where did they hear it? Maybe i'm cynical..but I doubt it..but if i had to guess..95% of the bunk MU rumors..originate with a badger fan(s). Their agenda's would be obvious
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »
I understand your point.

If nothing is to be gained from the rumors, why spread them on public forums?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2019, 11:02:13 PM »
Very glad Markus is back.  Now his goal needs to be 10 assists per game.  I don't care how much he scores, it will come naturally.  There's a chance this team can have 4 guys at 15ppg or higher... but only if Markus has 10 assists per game. 

I think we all saw what that looks like in our last game of the season, and other than the fact that it was the other team, it was pretty to watch. 

Markus has made major improvements to his game each season.  Passing and court vision will make the puzzle complete.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2019, 12:07:24 AM »
Maybe the hausers are just pissed because MU repeatedly got their ass handed to them since mid February? Is this whole thing based on the fact that Markus took that shot at the end of a half and sam was animated about it lol?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2019, 01:05:13 AM »
Maybe the hausers are just pissed because MU repeatedly got their ass handed to them since mid February? Is this whole thing based on the fact that Markus took that shot at the end of a half and sam was animated about it lol?

I think losing makes winners frustrated. Which is a completely normal reaction.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2019, 05:56:21 AM »

One blowout loss in the last 7 games = “repeatedly got their ass handed to them”

Good Lord

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2019, 06:26:50 AM »
Why does that matter? I think it's good to remember that the players are actual human beings.
This is pretty melodramatic. Again, no one is attacking their character with baseless speculation. If there are transfer rumors about players on this team or any other team that’s as relevant as most things discussed on here.
No Finish Line

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2019, 06:37:44 AM »
This is pretty melodramatic. Again, no one is attacking their character with baseless speculation. If there are transfer rumors about players on this team or any other team that’s as relevant as most things discussed on here.

Not exactly a high bar

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2019, 07:55:37 AM »

Why is it melodramatic? Is it not a true statement?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 08:02:31 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2019, 08:00:41 AM »
Why is it melodramatic? Is it not a true statement?
Because of the exaggerated impact a discussion like this actually has on them. I’m all for protecting these kids, and if this rumor was about some crime they may have committed or we were bashing their play then I’d agree. That’s the time to remember they’re human and young adults at that.
No Finish Line

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2019, 08:05:14 AM »
Because of the exaggerated impact a discussion like this actually has on them. I’m all for protecting these kids, and if this rumor was about some crime they may have committed or we were bashing their play then I’d agree. That’s the time to remember they’re human and young adults at that.

All I said is that they are human beings. If you are uncomfortable with that, maybe you know that if you were in their place, you would hate people spreading rumors, posting them on the internet for strangers, and people baselessly speculating that you were going to quit the team because of a private frustration between teammates.
TAMU

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2019, 08:07:50 AM »
I don’t think it would affect me at all quite honestly
No Finish Line

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2019, 08:20:54 AM »
This is pretty melodramatic. Again, no one is attacking their character with baseless speculation.

This speculation is pretty baseless.  Could Sam and Joey be frustrated with how the season ended with Markus?  Sure.  But think about your life, family, co-workers, etc.  Are you frustrated by them at times? No doubt. But does that mean you are unhappy and want those people gone?  Doubtful.

This is the problem with rumors. They may be based on something, but it is often something small and inconsequential.  And maybe the OP needs to understand that when he comes here and declares that Markus is gone, but then he isn't.  And now he just decided to do the same thing again.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2019, 08:33:41 AM »
I don’t think it would affect me at all quite honestly

You might be a better person than I. I can think of plenty of times at past jobs when I vented privately about a coworker or supervisor and would have been extremely embarrassed if those comments were blasted on the internet. Some of them were minor and likely wouldn't have impacted the team at all, others would have caused serious disruptions to our ability to work together for a time. Maybe nothing bad comes out of it, but certainly nothing good could have come of it.
TAMU

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2019, 08:35:58 AM »
just.my.opinion, but I think Bailey has.more upside than Joey. Especially during that third of the season, I think he deserved more of Joey's minutes
It is not just your opinion. I agree 100% with you. We need Bailey to take a big step up, if we are really going to be a top 10 team. We need Bailey's athleticism at the three.