[Today at 01:41:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Did the Packers fire the right people? a/k/a Can Aaron control/contain his ego?  (Read 3211 times)

cheebs09

• All American
I’m taking anything Jennings and Finley say with the largest grain of salt. The striking comment was Rodgers is turning into Favre after adamant he wouldn’t. I feel like there’s quite a bit of truth to that.

I will say, I thought Ryan Grant came out looking the best in this. Provided balanced assessments and didn’t hide behind anonymity.

Goose

• All American
All parties look to blame to me. I 100% respect Rodger's talent, but never a fan of him as person. Sad thing, they wasted a decade of his talent. Mark Murphy should be removed for allowing Ted to stay as long as he did. I thought the article was tell done and it pissed me off as a Packer fan. If Rodger's is a team guy, which I doubt, this might be the year to take a flyer on Pack winning it all.

Always hear how competitive he is and the chip on his shoulder, maybe this is the year he leads the squad to SB. He has gotten knocked around by media, family and friends in a way few would have predicted 3-4 years ago. My fingers are crossed he really does have a chip on his shoulder and it shows up in W's and not his own stats.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
Rodgers is so petty he will win a Super Bowl this year to prove that McCarthy was the problem.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Rodgers is so petty he will win a Super Bowl this year to prove that McCarthy was the problem.

I'm cool with it
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Eldon

• All American
Favre would take paycuts to keep guys on the team.  Ask yourself this: would A-Rod ever do such a thing?

Be honest with yourself.  You know the answer.

WarriorDad

• All American
He seems very petty, maybe the cause of his family estrangement?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

jsglow

• All American

I can see that too. Look, lots of axe grinding in that story.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Favre would take paycuts to keep guys on the team.  Ask yourself this: would A-Rod ever do such a thing?

Rodgers has altered his contracts to allow the Packers to have more flexibility.  However he has not to my knowledge taken a pay cut.  Nor should he.

That doesn't take away from the fact that he is very petty.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
I'd take Rodgers over McCarthy if that's what the question is.

• All American
In the NFL, you build around a quarterback.  The Packers really have no choice but to put up with his pettiness, but Murphy attempting to put a fence around him isn't a bad move.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
This is for all those who think WRs are the only divas on a football team.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUBurrow

• All American

This shouldn't ever be a data point on whether a guy is a good teammate/team player.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"

I question whether Fabre ever took a pay cut. Let’s see the proof.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
All parties look to blame to me. I 100% respect Rodger's talent, but never a fan of him as person. Sad thing, they wasted a decade of his talent. Mark Murphy should be removed for allowing Ted to stay as long as he did. I thought the article was tell done and it pissed me off as a Packer fan. If Rodger's is a team guy, which I doubt, this might be the year to take a flyer on Pack winning it all.

Always hear how competitive he is and the chip on his shoulder, maybe this is the year he leads the squad to SB. He has gotten knocked around by media, family and friends in a way few would have predicted 3-4 years ago. My fingers are crossed he really does have a chip on his shoulder and it shows up in W's and not his own stats.

yes sir goose man!  you can take the dude out of california ,but ya can't take the california out of the dude.  member when he told everyone to hold hands before the bear-packer game...yup! 

just win baby!
don't...don't don't don't don't

Spotcheck Billy

• All American

I do not recall that ever happening, any links to support this?

JWags85

• All American

Depends on if he's still gonna do stuff like keep taking sacks to preserve his completion percentage.

I, as a Bears fan, can willingly and candidly admit that he's probably the most talented QB of all time, and when he's on his game, I think he's the best at playing that position of all time.  However, I think he's a drama queen and a douche who cares more about #12 and the his brand than anything else.  So the article didn't surprise me.

(And yes of course I'd take him on the Bears in a second, im not a fool)

dgies9156

• All American
(And yes of course I'd take him on the Bears in a second, I'm not a fool)

If Aaron Rodgers was a Bear next year, with Matt Nagy as head coach, the Bears might go 16-0.

Assuming, of course, the Bears ever find a serviceable placekicker.

Doink

Doink

Jockey

• All American

You are spot on about Murphy. While all 4 parties have some blame here, I think the order is 1) Murphy, 2) Thompson, 3) McCarthy, 4) Rodgers.

The 2015 draft was unarguably one of the worst drafts in NFL history - for Murphy to let Thompson continue is inexcusable.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
not unexpectedly, aaron disputes the BR story-and the rest of the story-

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26473333/rodgers-disputes-reported-feud-mccarthy

amazing what some guys("journalists") will write to get a little click bait, but ya'd think if a dude wants to write a story, he would have a little more than anecdotal juice.  might as well said it was olivia that was massaging mccarthy

don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26473333/rodgers-disputes-reported-feud-mccarthy

amazing what some guys("journalists") will write to get a little click bait, but ya'd think if a dude wants to write a story, he would have a little more than anecdotal juice.  might as well said it was olivia that was massaging mccarthy

The reporter was directly quoting guys. It wasn’t simply speculation.

jficke13

• All American
None of what was in that BR story surprised me.

GB Warrior

• All American

The reporter was directly quoting guys. It wasn’t simply speculation.

Sources Fermichael Jinley and Craig Jennings were highly critical of him.

• All American

Well yeah, I wouldn't doubt it.  I always take this type of criticism with a grain of salt after it got out there.

#UnleashSean

• All American

What Rodgers says "The thing is about the article, it's -- it's not a mystery. This was a smear attack by a writer looking to advance his career talking with mostly irrelevant, bitter players who all have an agenda, whether they're advancing their own careers or just trying to stir old stuff up,"

Is pretty much par for the course what the bleacher article said.

Jockey

• All American

These are two guys who have had issues with ARod for years.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
What Rodgers says "The thing is about the article, it's -- it's not a mystery. This was a smear attack by a writer looking to advance his career talking with mostly irrelevant, bitter players who all have an agenda, whether they're advancing their own careers or just trying to stir old stuff up,"

Is pretty much par for the course what the bleacher article said.

Attacking the messenger and not the message is a smear/disinformation tactic, however.

Coming on the radio and embellishing yourself to appear like a saint as well as making everyone else haters... Is probably a sign.

That said, these types of personalities rarely have that much of an impact on the team's performance. Fans tend to drastically overstate the value of "locker room chemistry". Super Bowl champions have had these types of personalities since 1967. No player is going to drop a pass from Rodgers just to spite him. Nobody likes Roethlisberger, either, and he does fine.