[Today at 09:08:51 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Study Says Marquette Top 10 in Job Placement  (Read 1245 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Study Says Marquette Top 10 in Job Placement
« on: June 19, 2019, 08:02:23 AM »
https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/colleges-highest-employment-rate-after-graduating

The analysis found that the top 10 schools were: Quinnipiac University in Connecticut with 96.1 percent, Augustana University in South Dakota with 96.05 percent, Ohio Northern University in Ohio with 95.86 percent, Lebanon Valley College in Pennsylvania with 95.63 percent, Western New England University in Massachusetts 95.56 percent, Marquette University in Wisconsin with 95.5 percent, Providence College in Rhode Island with 95.28 percent, Saint John’s University in Minnesota with 95.16 percent, Siena College in New York with 95.13 percent and University of Nebraska Medical Center with 94.96 percent.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

D'Lo Brown

• All American
Re: Study Says Marquette Top 10 in Job Placement
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 08:54:22 PM »
I find the premise and methodology laughable:

So with the unemployment rate sitting at record lows, we took a dive for the third year in a row into what colleges have the highest rates of employment, ten years post enrollment in each state. In other words, these are the colleges in each state that set you up best for the job market.

When you use a false premise to create "research", you end up with an illuminative result of Augustana University (the Harvard of South Dakota) and freakin' Quinnipiac.

The unemployment rate is truly a fake number, on multiple levels, and the application of it then onto the success of college grads... Is just ludicrous.

Truthfully, I don't know the first thing about Augustana University, I'm sure someone's sister's friend went there and loved it but come on now. Obviously there are many factors in simply attaining any employment in some locale. Many of these factors far surpass any influence of your degree's brand recognition or training.