'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Next year's starting lineup  (Read 5774 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Next year's starting lineup
« on: March 24, 2019, 03:12:07 PM »
Howard
McEwen
Hauser
Hauser
John

Bailey getting started minutes

What say you?

Johnny B

• All American
Re: Next year's starting lineup
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 03:30:40 PM »
Seems reasonable. Wojo may go sacar over koby

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 03:36:50 PM »
I'd go...

Markus
Koby
Sacar
Sam
John

I think Joey and Sam are essentially the same player (slower, stretch 4) and getting more athletic would be helpful.  This slots Sacar onto the wing and has a little more quickness in the backcourt. 

Another option would be to start Elliott and bring Koby off the bench to spell Greg but then run the point when Markus goes out.

Bailey subs for Sacar.  Joey for Sam, but gets starters minutes. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 03:38:45 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 03:39:28 PM »
Seems reasonable. Wojo may go sacar over koby

Agree. I also wonder if Bailey could be in the mix for Joey's spot, just to have a better balance of offense & defense.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 03:50:22 PM »
Yup. There us always next year. And Bailey starting without being able to shoot leaves a lot to be desired.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 03:51:09 PM »
Yup. There us always next year. And Bailey starting without being able to shoot leaves a lot to be desired.

Cut Bailey.

Actually forget that there’s always next year. Fold the program.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 03:58:55 PM »

Sacar hit 23.5% from deep last year & 39.1% this year. I think it's entirely possible Bailey could also improve his shooting.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 04:04:44 PM »
Thought Morrow was more impressive than John toward the end of the year.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 04:11:12 PM »
I'd go...

Markus
Koby
Sacar
Sam
John

I think Joey and Sam are essentially the same player (slower, stretch 4) and getting more athletic would be helpful.  This slots Sacar onto the wing and has a little more quickness in the backcourt. 

Another option would be to start Elliott and bring Koby off the bench to spell Greg but then run the point when Markus goes out.

Bailey subs for Sacar.  Joey for Sam, but gets starters minutes.

Seconded
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 04:19:35 PM »
I thought Markus was hiring an agent?

I’ll wait to see who’s left after Wojo is coaching the Running Rebels and Markus is in the draft. Guessing the roster is gutted. So I’d think our starters will be a grad transfer, an unsigned recruit, and maybe guys like Ed and Sacar if they have not graduated yet, since they’ve already redshirted.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 04:22:44 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 04:21:10 PM »
Bailey, Morrow and new PG are keys for improvement next season. Bailey has big upside potential, IMO.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 04:43:15 PM »
Had to guess right now I would say:

Markus
McEwen or Elliott (closest position battle IMHO)
Anim
Sammy
John (Ed gets similar minutes but John in to win the tip)

Joey gets more minutes when offense is needed, Bailey when defense is needed. Redshirt Cain. Hopefully Eke is healthy and can play the emergency center role that Matt played. Redshirt Akanno or keep him for emergencies. Ideally get a traditional transfer that's redshirtting. If Eke isn't healthy, I wouldn't mind finding a lower level grad transfer big that can be our emergency center. I mean I'll take a stud grad transfer if one is available but I wouldn't mind finding a third center with that route.

I'd like to see more of what we had in year 4 on offense with two guards that can initiate the offense. I'd like to keep and improve on the defensive intensity. I'd also like to experiment with some lineups where Joey plays the 5. I don't think we should be 5 out all the time but I think having a 5 out offense to change into to take advantage of slow footed teams.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 06:35:35 PM »
A different point of view:
Koby at point
Markus at 2
Sacar
Sam
Joey
Play 5 out with 3 quick guys who can back-cut.  Make the opponents change to MU style rather than constantly changing to match the opponent's style.

Getting serious minutes
BB
Theo
Ed
Greg

In Emergency
Cain (unless his confidence comes back, then he gets serious minutes)
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 08:20:31 PM »
The more NCAA games I watch, the more disgusted I get. After watching ball for two straight days, we are a long way from being ready to be late into March. Hopes for next year match this year’s performance.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 08:26:15 PM »
The more NCAA games I watch, the more disgusted I get. After watching ball for two straight days, we are a long way from being ready to be late into March. Hopes for next year match this year’s performance.

We’re not athletic enough.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2019, 08:30:07 PM »
Fluff

Sadly, that is only part of the problem. I bought into some the nonsense sold on here to some degree, but last 36 hours was a real eye opener. If anyone that watched the last three weeks and is confident we can play high level is flat out delusional or lying to themselves.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 08:30:51 PM »
We’re not athletic enough.
We weren't this year. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 08:32:07 PM »
Fluff

Sadly, that is only part of the problem. I bought into some the nonsense sold on here to some degree, but last 36 hours was a real eye opener. If anyone that watched the last three weeks and is confident we can play high level is flat out delusional or lying to themselves.

Well I don’t think we’re that far away from being a Sweer 16 program. Having a guy or two who can break down a defense opens up the floor for shooters. But I’m not in love with our overall talent.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 12:14:15 AM »
If anyone that watched the last three weeks and is confident we can play high level is flat out delusional or lying to themselves.

Right, because we all just started caring about MU hoops 3 weeks ago.  Don't know about anything before that.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2019, 07:52:26 AM »
rocky

Some folks on here have been watching for awhile and might actually have a different opinion than yours. I respect your opinion, why the need to get your nose out of joint if someone is not in agreement with you view of the program? The last three weeks mean nothing to me, the last five years do. If you find it amusing to throw jabs my way, go for it.  With all due respect, I very much appreciate the work you and the mods do, but aside from jabs, what do you bring to the discussions on here?

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2019, 07:56:53 AM »
rocky

Some folks on here have been watching for awhile and might actually have a different opinion than yours. I respect your opinion, why the need to get your nose out of joint if someone is not in agreement with you view of the program? The last three weeks mean nothing to me, the last five years do. If you find it amusing to throw jabs my way, go for it.  With all due respect, I very much appreciate the work you and the mods do, but aside from jabs, what do you bring to the discussions on here?

LOL goose you're a clown bro.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2019, 07:59:44 AM »
rocky

Ban dis guy

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2019, 08:03:41 AM »
what do you bring to the discussions on here?

Well, my very own opinion of course! Thank you for asking.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:05:32 AM by rocky_warrior »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2019, 08:06:59 AM »
Well, my very own opinion of course! Thank you for asking.

And a server or 6
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2019, 08:17:58 AM »
And a server or 6

Marquette's last 3 weeks were just an orchestrated revenue plan laid out by the Scoop-inati to drive traffic.

feedback