[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Villanova  (Read 7340 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: Villanova
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2019, 08:54:38 AM »
That was then, this is now, good luck lookin in Rice Lake.

Yeah, you’re right. Milwaukee area alone only has 3 guys at top of their classes nationally currently.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2019, 08:57:43 AM »
Actually 4 local kids who are near top of their classes nationally that any program would take.  Not to mention Herro starting for Kentucky.

What a wasteland this state is in HS ball.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2019, 09:04:10 AM »
Forget the ratings, you win with junk yard dogs. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2019, 09:27:28 AM »
Forget the ratings, you win with junk yard dogs.

Gotcha Buzz  ::)   

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2019, 09:29:55 AM »
And yet even the great ones can have down years, even multiple ones in a row.  Enough said

You are so right. And even in a down year he wins the regular season BE, the BE tournament and manages to win an NCAA game. That's a heck of a down year.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2019, 04:40:43 AM »
Keefe, I knew you were older but I didn't think you needed adult diapers yet.  ;D

Still commando in Levi's my friend

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2019, 05:27:25 AM »
Commando is the only way to go. Cant see the panty lines.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2019, 02:34:02 PM »
Well after Wojo wins two national titles in 3 years, along with several BE championships too, myself and others on this board sick of his bad coaching act will cut him slack.

Not only that they’re getting their ass handed to them by a 3 seed, not a 12

Nice try at throwing cold water on the critics though

I’ll believe it when I see it. There is a vocal minority of people around here who would find plenty of things to bitch about in the middle of a Wooden-esque run of championships. What’s amazing to me is that unlike generational stereotypes, it appears to be the older generations that are the most entitled amongst our fan base.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2019, 02:41:31 PM »

Until Elliott and Cain we’ve hardly had anything from MI - Grimm and Brandon Bell.  Before that Crawford.  That’s about it.
How can you forget Polonowski, Pops Sims, Kenny Rice or John Jimmerson?

And the immortal coach attacker James (?) Matthews, too.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 03:17:06 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2019, 03:10:10 PM »
You are so right. And even in a down year he wins the regular season BE, the BE tournament and manages to win an NCAA game. That's a heck of a down year.

And went out in the second round. Coach K was one inch away from doing it yesterday.  Boeheim, lost in the first round.  All coaches go through this.  All of them.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2019, 11:58:40 AM »

If you are still wearing Levi's,  you need to make switch to Duluth ballroom jeans.  Most comfortable jeans on the planet and your nuts never get smashed.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2019, 12:48:54 PM »
And went out in the second round. Coach K was one inch away from doing it yesterday.  Boeheim, lost in the first round.  All coaches go through this.  All of them.

So what? They have earned credibility. Wojo has not. That is my point. Sorry its hard for you to understand.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2019, 01:20:17 PM »
So what? They have earned credibility. Wojo has not. That is my point. Sorry its hard for you to understand.

Sorry it is also hard for you to understand that even the great coaches, programs, etc, don't get through.  Wojo is a young coach, almost every coach you guys keep talking about have been around a long time, been seasoned....why don't you apply the same standards then?

Look how many people wanted Wright fired, coach K fired, etc....in their first 10 years.  MANY.  But you guys constantly point to what they did AFTER they matured and give them a pass for what they accomplished later, but don't afford that same comparison.  Interesting.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2019, 01:50:49 PM »
Wojo is a young coach? What constitute young these days?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2019, 02:05:36 PM »
Wojo is a young coach? What constitute young these days?

In comparison to the programs being thrown around here and the coach comps....yes.  People are throwing Wright around...the guy has been coaching at Nova since 2001, and prior to that since 1994 with Hofstra.   Wright's first 3 years at Nova, no NCAA appearances. 

Let's look at the very list of coaches in our conference and how Wojo compares in years as HC

Wright
Letaio
Cooley
Willard
McDermott

all with more head coaching experience then he has. SIGNIFICANTLY more in most cases.