[Today at 07:56:17 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If Nate Oats calls, what do you say?  (Read 15414 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: If Nate Oats calls, what do you say?
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2019, 02:40:53 PM »
ALLEGED...ALLEGATIONS...NO CHARGES filed. Can you get that thru your g*d damn thick head?? You weren't there, stop stating it as FACTUAL. You know what?? I'm going to call Directv and accuse you of embezzling millions thru the years. And because I said it, it would HAVE to be true, right?? I mean, why would i lie about something so serious?? Because that NEVER happens in this world. People never just say stuff to get $$, publicity, have agenda's?? No never...#me too

This is a real bad look.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2019, 02:44:14 PM »
Is that a threat?

You are entitled to your beliefs and what happened.  We were in the news for all the wrong reasons, whether it be player punching student, players cited at parties on the heels of all this when they should have been as squeaky clean as possible at that point just out of common sense, to multiple sexual assault issues, to NCAA violations and lying about them to the administration (the cover up is always the problem) and on and on and on....that’s just the stuff that made the news.

But sure, we get it...you don’t care...just win baby...that’s all that matters to you. That’s fine for some schools and surely for professional sports. Thing is, you don’t run a university and you are not responsible for the stewardship of it.  The people in charge made their decision, which is clearly at odds with yours. Many alumni support that vision, it was awful the press the university got.  Awful. This is why I suggest you probably should move on, because the people in charge aren’t going to allow that stuff to happen again. I say this purely from a perspective of you will continue to be disappointed if you expect that kind of behavior to return and be allowed.

For a guy who often complains about lives being ruined by unproven allegations in the media ...

DiaperDandy

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2019, 03:08:38 PM »
Not entirely true as I pointed out yesterday.  Another of their key guys was recruited by Buffalo before Hurley left, but signed a month after Hurley left.....because his scholarship at USF fell through so Buffalo was the only option left.

Not sure which player you are referring to.  The only player on the current roster from the 2015 recruiting class is Perk.  Not saying you are wrong, I'm just curious as I follow UB pretty closely.  Even the Buffalo News quoted yesterday that Perk was the only holdover from the Hurley regime (I am a subscriber).

Harris came from a jucco in Florida but his first year was last year.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2019, 03:10:12 PM »
Not sure which player you are referring to.  The only player on the current roster from the 2015 recruiting class is Perk.  Not saying you are wrong, I'm just curious as I follow UB pretty closely.  Even the Buffalo News quoted yesterday that Perk was the only holdover from the Hurley regime (I am a subscriber).

Plus, Oats was Hurley’s chief recruiter as an assistant.

DiaperDandy

• Starter
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2019, 03:12:11 PM »
Plus, Oats was Hurley’s chief recruiter as an assistant.

You are correct sir!

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2019, 03:16:17 PM »
Krunti Hester was from Brebuf in Indy, same high school as Alan Henderson.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2019, 04:24:11 PM »
Is that a threat?

You are entitled to your beliefs and what happened.  We were in the news for all the wrong reasons, whether it be player punching student, players cited at parties on the heels of all this when they should have been as squeaky clean as possible at that point just out of common sense, to multiple sexual assault issues, to NCAA violations and lying about them to the administration (the cover up is always the problem) and on and on and on....that’s just the stuff that made the news.

But sure, we get it...you don’t care...just win baby...that’s all that matters to you. That’s fine for some schools and surely for professional sports. Thing is, you don’t run a university and you are not responsible for the stewardship of it.  The people in charge made their decision, which is clearly at odds with yours. Many alumni support that vision, it was awful the press the university got.  Awful. This is why I suggest you probably should move on, because the people in charge aren’t going to allow that stuff to happen again. I say this purely from a perspective of you will continue to be disappointed if you expect that kind of behavior to return and be allowed.

I never said i condone any of that sh*t...ever. But what i don't condone is you using the word Rape like you 100% actually know it happened. You don't. What we do know is no one was charged with a crime, and no crime was found to have occurred. Would MU be the first entity in the history of business to receive bad publicity?? Ummm no. Most recover just fine in the end.

I don't expect that kind of behavior(and you spit this sh*t out on everything like you know EXACTLY what happened)..to continue. What i do hope for is for the basketball program to return to it's rightful place and to become elite again. I also expect the administration to want the same vision. Father Wild and Cords had that vision. this one...I don't get the sense that they do.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2019, 04:30:20 PM »

I'm referring to Massinburg, who was recruited by Buffalo while Hurley was still there. Hurley left in early April, Oats was named coach a few days later.  Massinburg had yet to make his decision, but Hurley and staff (yes, including Oats) were on him and offered.  He had two offers, San Francisco and Buffalo.  The USF offer fell through when another player took the last scholie, and he then committed to Buffalo about a month after Hurley left. 

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2019, 04:33:35 PM »
First thing I say if Nate Oats calls is:

"Please tell me you're not related to that tool, Tom Oates, who is such an idiot he probably doesn't even know how to spell his own name."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2019, 05:05:39 PM »
I'm not wading into this fight, but watching Chicos battle on behalf of someone who alleged sexual assault but never had it proven in court is quite the sight.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

DiaperDandy

• Starter
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2019, 05:22:38 PM »
I'm referring to Massinburg, who was recruited by Buffalo while Hurley was still there. Hurley left in early April, Oats was named coach a few days later.  Massinburg had yet to make his decision, but Hurley and staff (yes, including Oats) were on him and offered.  He had two offers, San Francisco and Buffalo.  The USF offer fell through when another player took the last scholie, and he then committed to Buffalo about a month after Hurley left.

Buffalo wasn’t even in contact with Massinburg until after Hurley left according to this article...https://buffalonews.com/2017/12/18/ub-basketballs-cj-massinburg-goes-from-overlooked-to-hard-to-miss/

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2019, 05:25:50 PM »
Did you butt dial me?  I think you meant to call somebody interested.  Like Vegas.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2019, 05:30:43 PM »
Buffalo wasn’t even in contact with Massinburg until after Hurley left according to this article...https://buffalonews.com/2017/12/18/ub-basketballs-cj-massinburg-goes-from-overlooked-to-hard-to-miss/

Great find.  Let me find where I saw it, thought it was this one (below)....but only talks of the USF scholarship he lost...of course other media say he only had an offer from Prairie View, so some inconsistencies on that, too.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/03/23/every-texas-school-passed-south-oak-cliffscj-massinburg-now-texas-tech-must-deal-buffalo-ncaa-second-round

Give me a few....could have been on their message board.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2019, 05:34:41 PM »
Guru not being an alum explains a lot. Alums (and anyone with a shred of character) care about the school and the surrounding problems that come with a dirty program.

Results at any cost are not and should never be what Marquette is about.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2019, 06:54:07 PM »
Well, after tonite, maybe Nate might want his current day job...

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2019, 06:55:49 PM »

Next man up, hey?

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2019, 06:57:05 PM »

But... but... but... Oats is our next coach....how can this be?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2019, 06:58:23 PM »

LOL!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2019, 06:58:56 PM »
HURRY, HANG UP!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2019, 07:05:40 PM »
a telephone rings
sunlight dries tear-streaked faces
serendipity

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2019, 08:36:01 PM »
a telephone rings
sunlight dries tear-streaked faces
serendipity
There he is!  Welcome back😀

MU82

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2019, 09:34:46 PM »
Thanks for calling, Nate. I've got some questions for you:

How is it possible that The Next Great Coach lost an NCAA game by an even larger margin than The Nation's Worst Coach did? Does that mean your team quit on you?

How is it possible that The Next Great Coach's team went nearly 12 minutes without a basket? Couldn't you motivate your team to realize how important the game was?

How is it possible that The Next Great Coach's team kept hoisting up early-clock 3s and a bunch of other terrible shots? Don't you have an offensive game plan?

How did The Next Great Coach lose to The Nation's Worst Coach by 18 points?

How did The Next Great Coach's team allowed The Nation's Worst Coach's team 103 points when it's The Nation's Worst Coach who doesn't know how to coach defense?

How is it possible that the player many Marquette fans wish wasn't on their team put up 40 points in a half against The Next Great Coach's team?

I'll hang up now and pretend I'm listening to your answers. Please don't call again.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2019, 09:52:40 PM »
Thanks for calling, Nate. I've got some questions for you:

How is it possible that The Next Great Coach lost an NCAA game by an even larger margin than The Nation's Worst Coach did? Does that mean your team quit on you?

How is it possible that The Next Great Coach's team went nearly 12 minutes without a basket? Couldn't you motivate your team to realize how important the game was?

How is it possible that The Next Great Coach's team kept hoisting up early-clock 3s and a bunch of other terrible shots? Don't you have an offensive game plan?

How did The Next Great Coach lose to The Nation's Worst Coach by 18 points?

How did The Next Great Coach's team allowed The Nation's Worst Coach's team 103 points when it's The Nation's Worst Coach who doesn't know how to coach defense?

How is it possible that the player many Marquette fans wish wasn't on their team put up 40 points in a half against The Next Great Coach's team?

I'll hang up now and pretend I'm listening to your answers. Please don't call again.

Question...were you okay with how MU's season ended?? a 1-6 fall off a cliff from February 27th on?? Being one win(with 4 chances) away from securing a BE title??

I will hang up and listen to your answer. Thank You.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2019, 09:55:31 PM »
Question...were you okay with how MU's season ended?? a 1-6 fall off a cliff from February 27th on?? Being one win(with 4 chances) away from securing a BE title??

I will hang up and listen to your answer. Thank You.

I did not like how the season ended. I wish we were still playing. I thought Wojo had an especially bad second half against Murray State -- almost as bad as Buffalo's coach had in the second half against us or today against Texas Tech.

You're welcome.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2019, 10:01:55 PM »
I did not like how the season ended. I wish we were still playing. I thought Wojo had an especially bad second half against Murray State -- almost as bad as Buffalo's coach had in the second half against us or today against Texas Tech.

You're welcome.

Thank You...but with all due respect, Buffalo's Coach gets a bit of a pass from me for today..he was up against a team that was better then they were. Not a lot you can do about that. I can't give Wojo that same pass for Thursday. With the right game plan, that game was winnable..with the exception of Ja, MU was more talented at every spot on the floor.

feedback