[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo deleted his twitter account  (Read 17751 times)

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: Wojo deleted his twitter account
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2019, 12:37:30 PM »
Wojo also had some interesting Twitter likes the past few weeks. Rumors and just random things that I was surprised by. I assumed he accidentally liked them, but a few popped up. There was a decent amount of ref tweets after Seton Hall that Lovell and other AD staff liked as well.
Any specifics?
No Finish Line

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2019, 12:37:37 PM »
After reading the link Cheeks posted, I didn’t see anything that was really beyond the pale, just some justifiably upset MU fans calling Wojo out after a blowout loss.  Certainly nothing like what was done to Herro per the Bleacher Report article.  If people were actually threatening him or his family, I understand why he’d delete it.  But if he just can’t handle criticism, deleting the account the day after a Tournament loss is pretty weak, and, as Gary Busey would say, makes Wojo look like a gut maggot with no guts.

This isn’t the first time Wojo has shown his thin skin, unfortunately.  I don’t think any of us have forgotten when he went off on the student reporter last year.  And if he is going to be sensitive to fans and media, he could at least give us all a memorable quote once in a while.  Unfortunately, the man makes Robocop look like Robin Williams.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 12:43:25 PM by Research Report »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2019, 12:51:02 PM »
I also read the link and didn't see much to get upset about. I hope that's the extent of it but my gut tell me that the worst ones had already been removed or came over DM.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2019, 12:53:40 PM »
Any specifics?

Saw that one earlier. Lovell liked a few Cracked Sidewalks and fan tweets about the Theo/Sacar. Just was a bit odd seeing leaders like tweets that were venting.

ETA: wrong tweet the first time.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 12:59:19 PM by cheebs09 »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2019, 03:54:07 AM »
Saw that one earlier. Lovell liked a few Cracked Sidewalks and fan tweets about the Theo/Sacar. Just was a bit odd seeing leaders like tweets that were venting.

I would be surprised if he handles his twitter account 100% himself
Maigh Eo for Sam

TFlegend

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2019, 06:46:58 AM »

Over the past couple of years, I've seen Wojo's account like some very odd tweets, including some inflammatory tweets about other college coaches from unverified/fan accounts.  They would show up in my feed as "liked by steve wojo" and I would click through to his account,  but they weren't in his feed.  They were things a public leader never would say or publicly acknowledge.  I almost sent an email to the AD with screenshots saying his account was hacked.  But, now both his and Lovell's are doing it?  Odd. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2019, 08:10:15 AM »
He didn't want to deal with the twitter reaction from interviewing with UNLV?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2019, 08:29:14 AM »

Over the past couple of years, I've seen Wojo's account like some very odd tweets, including some inflammatory tweets about other college coaches from unverified/fan accounts.  They would show up in my feed as "liked by steve wojo" and I would click through to his account,  but they weren't in his feed.  They were things a public leader never would say or publicly acknowledge.  I almost sent an email to the AD with screenshots saying his account was hacked.  But, now both his and Lovell's are doing it?  Odd.

Probably Russians or Seton Hall.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2019, 09:16:56 AM »
He didn't want to deal with the twitter reaction from interviewing with UNLV?

Hearing this elsewhere, Tower. Did he really interview there?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2019, 09:25:35 AM »
Hearing this elsewhere, Tower. Did he really interview there?

A UNLV fansite beat reporter said Wojo's people have reached out, apparently.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2019, 09:37:45 AM »
Just curious for the pro Woj camp, does it bother you if this rumor is true? For me, it probably shows there is more behind the scenes than we know is going on. Starting with Woj might know something about Howard.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 09:41:13 AM by Goose »

mug644

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2019, 09:45:50 AM »
Just curious for the pro Woj camp, does it bother you if this rumor is true? For me, it probably shows there is more behind the scenes than we know is going on. Starting with Woj might know something about Howard.

It could also be the game that many coaches play as a salary negotiating tactic...see other schools want me, so pony up to keep me, otherwise you'll need to start the rebuild again.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2019, 09:47:20 AM »
mug
If Wojo is playing the money game he has the wrong agent. He should be hoping none of his pay is asking to be refunded, not leveraging up at this moment.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2019, 09:48:32 AM »
It could also be the game that many coaches play as a salary negotiating tactic...see other schools want me, so pony up to keep me, otherwise you'll need to start the rebuild again.

Doesn't seem like UNLV would be the best place to reference as a negotiation tactic...

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2019, 10:00:23 AM »
If the UNLV rumors are true is there any chance he’s being “encouraged” to explore his options from within the MU admin? Maybe to help both parties save some face?
No Finish Line

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2019, 10:04:51 AM »
If thats the case, MU should tell Wojo to pony out.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2019, 11:00:10 AM »
The anonymous nature of the internet has brought out the worst in humanity.

I agree with this analysis
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2019, 11:29:13 AM »
Obviously someone needs to be watching Flight Tracker and scouting out the baggage claim at McCarran.
Only way to get to the bottom of this.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2019, 11:31:05 AM »
Obviously someone needs to be watching Flight Tracker and scouting out the baggage claim at McCarran.
Only way to get to the bottom of this.

Flight tracker is the best. There can never be too much flight tracker!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2019, 11:41:03 AM »

I've generally been pro-Wojo and frankly think this sounds like much ado about nothing (if he is out there it's probably recruiting), but if he were to go, now would be the time. We return a strong foundation that would help a new coach get established quickly. Better than bailing in a year when we would lose 4 seniors & have another potential grad transfer.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2019, 11:56:39 AM »

I read this morning that you said he isn't linked to any other schools and that was a bad thing.  Now that he is linked to other schools, it is also a bad thing?  Kind of having it both ways, are you not?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Goose

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2019, 12:00:46 PM »
WarriorDad
I could not care less if he is linked to other job. I was asking for others thoughts. Do not think a bad thing if he is linked to other job.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2019, 12:12:15 PM »
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv/unlv-basketball/unlvs-desiree-reed-francois-plays-waiting-game-in-coaching-search-1624801/

^From last night.

Says that UNLV is waiting on Rhoades from VCU.  But UNLV is stuck waiting: Bazz is headed to TAMU once the Hokies are done and VTech is expected to take Rhoades. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2019, 12:14:13 PM »
Wojo no matta, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2019, 12:19:19 PM »
WarriorDad
I could not care less if he is linked to other job. I was asking for others thoughts. Do not think a bad thing if he is linked to other job.

You seemed to care last night when you mentioned it, but I misunderstood your intent.  My thoughts are that internet rumors are not credible.  There are a few different camps here it seems.  Those that want Wojo out, those that think we are trending right and good things on the horizon.  Overlap that with those that saw greatness in the past (my era) in a different time and those that saw greatness with the Final Four or Buzz's mini run, but balancing against negatives off the court. 

Marquette is a special place with people that love the university and basketball program.  Sometimes that love can be too much, if you know what I mean.  Smothering. The desire to return so strong, we smother our coaches and the players.  Let them breathe.

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

feedback