[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo deleted his twitter account  (Read 17766 times)

muguru

• All American
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

WarriorDad

• All American
Re: Wojo deleted his twitter account
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 06:16:51 PM »
Coaches should not have twitter accounts. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 06:17:36 PM »
This makes me feel... Neutral

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 06:18:32 PM »
Oh no!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 06:19:37 PM »
Bad news Friday, aina?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 06:21:29 PM »
After seeing the hatred he was getting from fans yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if he was advised to do so. Lots of personal attacks at him and some at his family.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 06:22:57 PM »
Coaches should not have twitter accounts.
Serious? They not only should have them but they’re almost necessary
No Finish Line

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 06:24:43 PM »
I don’t blame him. These past 24 hours have been an embarrassment for the Marquette community, and quite a bit of that embarrassment has come from members on this message board. If you are over 25 and are calling for another person to lose his job while hiding behind a moniker you are part of the problem.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 06:26:05 PM »
Great reporting Derek Rose. Maybe a raise. What a piece of crap that guy is. (Too be clear, I'm not about Wojo or just this one tweet)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 06:26:37 PM »
Serious? They not only should have them but they’re almost necessary

Coach K hasn't used his since 2015.   
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2019, 06:27:43 PM »
Coach K hasn't used his since 2015.
There are exceptions and he’s exceptional
No Finish Line

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2019, 06:31:06 PM »
If you are over 25 and are calling for another person to lose his job while hiding behind a moniker you are part of the problem.

I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work, there, Lou.

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2019, 06:32:03 PM »
I don’t blame him. These past 24 hours have been an embarrassment for the Marquette community, and quite a bit of that embarrassment has come from members on this message board. If you are over 25 and are calling for another person to lose his job while hiding behind a moniker you are part of the problem.

What if I am 25, but like 25 and 3 months...does that make me over 25, or am I just 25? Wondering if I can continue to safely talk stuff behind my monitor/moniker. You are the stuff-talking gatekeeper so I suppose you can help clarify.

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 06:33:42 PM »
I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work, there, Lou.

Fantastic line :)

muguru

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 06:35:14 PM »
After seeing the hatred he was getting from fans yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if he was advised to do so. Lots of personal attacks at him and some at his family.

Not condoning this behavior whatsoever, it's totally wrong. That being said, if he deleted it because he doesn't want to hear criticism(not hatred), then maybe he should win games in the tourney. Especially as a higher seed.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2019, 06:38:31 PM »
What if I am 25, but like 25 and 3 months...does that make me over 25, or am I just 25? Wondering if I can continue to safely talk stuff behind my monitor/moniker. You are the stuff-talking gatekeeper so I suppose you can help clarify.

Sure, I’ll clarify. A moniker is another word for an alias. When people call for someone to be fired and don’t use their real name and instead a username, also an alias, also a moniker, they embarrass themselves and the Marquette community at large.  If you need more help with the word moniker Webster’s has an awesome online dictionary you can check out.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2019, 06:51:12 PM »

That's a fair comment.

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2019, 06:52:30 PM »
Sure, I’ll clarify. A moniker is another word for an alias. When people call for someone to be fired and don’t use their real name and instead a username, also an alias, also a moniker, they embarrass themselves and the Marquette community at large.  If you need more help with the word moniker Webster’s has an awesome online dictionary you can check out.

Your moniker is now #TheGatekeeper

All criticism of Wojo without official signature and stamp “embarrasses the Marquette community.” So let it be written.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2019, 06:53:13 PM »
And if people disparaged or threatened Wojo's family, that is reprehensible behavior.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 06:57:46 PM »
All that being said, there is a significant difference between the coach of a college basketball program (which arguably spends more on its program that 95% of the other programs) and Jim in accounts payable. 

Jim is not making $2 million a year in a high profile job.  Criticism of the head coach goes with the territory.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2019, 07:00:47 PM »
All that being said, there is a significant difference between the coach of a college basketball program (which arguably spends more on its program that 95% of the other programs) and Jim in accounts payable. 

Jim is not making $2 million a year in a high profile job.  Criticism of the head coach goes with the territory.

I’m not saying he can’t be criticized, and I’m not saying you can’t ask for him to be replaced. What I am saying is that if you are going to publicly call for another person to be fired from their job have the courage to attach your name to it.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2019, 07:04:30 PM »
I know what you are saying, but I also believe having fans ask for your head (even anonymously) goes with the job.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2019, 07:09:23 PM »
Coaches should not No one should have twitter accounts.
The anonymous nature of the internet has brought out the worst in humanity.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2019, 07:13:56 PM »
I’m not saying he can’t be criticized, and I’m not saying you can’t ask for him to be replaced. What I am saying is that if you are going to publicly call for another person to be fired from their job have the courage to attach your name to it.

I’m a visual learner...can you draw a diagram of the valid emotional responses to a blowout loss in the first round of the tournament? I’m not sure it applies to me because of my age but maybe you can include the age limits in the diagram?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2019, 07:40:09 PM »

Exactly
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire