[September 20, 2024, 07:45:48 PM]

Big East 2024 -25 Results by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Should Sacar have flopped?  (Read 4134 times)

fjm

• All American
Should Sacar have flopped?
« on: March 16, 2019, 09:32:54 AM »
This is likely a dumb thread. And maybe mentioned elsewhere. And I’m gonna enjoy my last day in NYC. But over heard a conversation by some Gtown fans at breakfast who basically said, Sacar should have went down hard after the elbow holding his chest as if he had the wind knocked out of him.

I love soccer. And don’t condone flopping. But would that have gotten the F2 that powell should have gotten either way?

PVMagic

• Starter
Re: Should Sacar have flopped?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 09:37:16 AM »
He would have avoided the tech.  I don't think it changes the call against Powell (called a "push off" by SH fans- wowzas).

I'm still pissed but also over losing this game.  I'm hoping it fuels MU and throws monstrous chip on their shoulder for the NCAAs and offseason.  Especially with the whole crew coming back, I think this can potentially be more than just a single-season turning event.  But I also come to Scoop after wins so take my optimism with a grain of salt.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 09:39:49 AM »
Flopping is for badgers and should deserve a flagrant 2 itself. Glad sacar isn't a garbage player.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 09:41:24 AM »
Hell.  No. 

He did exactly he right thing. Don’t unnatural carnal knowledge with us.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 09:42:32 AM »
Nah. It was a Flagrant 2 either way, but it wasn't going to be called.

The refs didn't want to decide the game...and they ended up deciding it on the ejection they didn't call.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 09:53:16 AM »
Nah. It was a Flagrant 2 either way, but it wasn't going to be called.

The refs didn't want to decide the game...and they ended up deciding it on the ejection they didn't call.
Who says the refs didn't want to "influence" the game?  The bias is deeply embedded and is not obvious.  Yes, the refs don't want to appear to be deciding the game, especially at the end, but the small influences make a big diffetence.

Glad you enjoyed the city.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 09:58:15 AM »

Who says the refs didn't want to "influence" the game?  The bias is deeply embedded and is not obvious.  Yes, the refs don't want to appear to be deciding the game, especially at the end, but the small influences make a big diffetence.

Glad you enjoyed the city.

1. The refs themselves.
2. The league office.
3. The coaches of the East coast teams.
4. Commentators.
5. (Usually) the coaches of the Midwestern teams.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 09:59:42 AM »
Regardless of whether he should have flopped or not, he sure should have avoided clapping at Powell after doing a great job baiting him into that elbow. He got him, why undo some of that by getting yourself T’d up. Completely avoidable.

Same with the 2nd one. As soon as he squared up to their guy I knew he was gone because (silly me) I figured they’d toss one guy from each team to balance it out, and their 23 was a no brainer. With a T already, he has to stay out of the scrum rather than be the first guy to it. The Theo ejection is one of the most ridiculous calls I’ve ever seen and it cost us huge.

So did missed free throws by 80 and 90% shooters. Tough game to swallow. Tough night to swallow with Nova stealing one from X too after X had them on their heels 80% of the game. Tired of Nova always coming through. That said, I think I’d like to see Hall get pounded tonight.

jdbied

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 10:11:05 AM »
Regardless of whether he should have flopped or not, he sure should have avoided clapping at Powell after doing a great job baiting him into that elbow. He got him, why undo some of that by getting yourself T’d up. Completely avoidable.

Same with the 2nd one. As soon as he squared up to their guy I knew he was gone because (silly me) I figured they’d toss one guy from each team to balance it out, and their 23 was a no brainer. With a T already, he has to stay out of the scrum rather than be the first guy to it. The Theo ejection is one of the most ridiculous calls I’ve ever seen and it cost us huge.

So did missed free throws by 80 and 90% shooters. Tough game to swallow. Tough night to swallow with Nova stealing one from X too after X had them on their heels 80% of the game. Tired of Nova always coming through. That said, I think I’d like to see Hall get pounded tonight.

Agree totally.  Especially the part about Sacar needing to be smarter than he showed.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 10:20:58 AM »
Hell.  No. 

he didn’t do exactly the right thing. He got himself a T for taunting for jawing and laughing in Powell’s face.

Another way Sacar could have avoided getting ejected would have been to play hard between the whistles and cut the jawing and getting in people’s faces after.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 10:28:09 AM »
he didn’t do exactly the right thing. He got himself a T for taunting for jawing and laughing in Powell’s face.

Another way Sacar could have avoided getting ejected would have been to play hard between the whistles and cut the jawing and getting in people’s faces after.
I’m good with what he did. Feel free to disagree.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 10:31:13 AM »
Hell.  No. 

Absolutely not. He should have known better. Lacked discipline when he needed it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 11:22:23 AM »
Absolutely do not flop. But also do not clap in his face and get yourself T'd up. You got a huge win in the situation, go huddle up with your teammates and concentrate on the next play

TJ

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 11:25:52 AM »
Then make sure you don't complain that he got tossed.  He basically forced the refs to toss him.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 11:26:16 AM »
Absolutely do not flop. But also do not clap in his face and get yourself T'd up. You got a huge win in the situation, go huddle up with your teammates and concentrate on the next play
+1

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 11:30:11 AM »

Well, it didn’t work out so well for him or MU in the end, now did it?

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 11:33:46 AM »

Yep, if Sacar had turned towards the MU bench and clapped in that direction I think he would have been fine, the fact that it was "in the face" if Powell is what got him in trouble.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 11:39:21 AM »
15 minutes, 10 points, 2 technical fouls, team loss. He took himself out of the game when we needed him and we lost the game. All to do what... prove that we can have attitude too? Prove you can make shots. Prove you can win the game.

Part of playing tough is actually playing.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 10:07:05 AM »
I know most will not agree with this but Sacar should have dropped him.If I am going out so are you.It was a total cheap shot.If Powell would have done that to Maurice Lucas,Powell would have been in hospital.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 10:11:24 AM »
I know most will not agree with this but Sacar should have dropped him.If I am going out so are you.It was a total cheap shot.If Powell would have done that to Maurice Lucas,Powell would have been in hospital.

Sacar would then be lost to MU for that and subsequent games, while Luke would have only been tossed in the game he was playing. Times change...and if you remember, they changed because of some near fatal fights at that time on the floor (Minnesota, Rudy T).

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 10:21:43 AM »
Sacar is a warrior. He doesn’t flop. He doesn’t play for Madison.
He was assigned the task of stopping Powell and Sacar was up for the task.
In order to get up for that task, you’re amped up and ready to shut him down. Talking is part of that. Don’t have one problem with it. When you get intentionally elbowed to the chest in a heated game and you don’t react....you probably don’t play at this level. To describe Sacar emotionally clapping as stupid doesnt quite get it. To say he should have known better in the heat of that altercation is what is stupid.

Ed was chirping with Powell as well.....come to think of it....in total, Powell was jawing with: Sacar, Ed, Theo and Wojo. Impressive.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 11:04:00 AM »
Sacar should not have flopped. He needs some lessons on how to drive someone absolutely insane, all while having a smile on his face and not using fowl language. I will offer my services to the team in this capacity. Powell, while being an excellent player is weak minded when it comes to this sort of thing. Sacar had him and let him off by responding the way he did.
Hope this puts a chip on the team’s shoulder for the NCAA.
Incendially SHU fans are douchey thug wannabes.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 11:11:56 AM »
“Bawl, bawk.....Chicken! Chicken!”

—Sacar using fowl language

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2019, 11:40:30 AM »
Sacar would then be lost to MU for that and subsequent games, while Luke would have only been tossed in the game he was playing. Times change...and if you remember, they changed because of some near fatal fights at that time on the floor (Minnesota, Rudy T).

Lucas versus Dawkins. 1977 Finals.  I don't believe that either received a suspension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e3C-LQWF2s&has_verified=1
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2019, 12:42:43 PM »
Flopping is for badgers and should deserve a flagrant 2 itself. Glad sacar isn't a garbage player.
Ha! Right? Davison would have ended up in the third row.