[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Howard’s wrist  (Read 7212 times)

goldeneagle91114

• All American
Howard’s wrist
« on: March 16, 2019, 03:21:13 AM »
I get we’re all pissed. However the game is now over and nothing will change the outcome. My big concern is Howard’s wrist. This injury seems to be really bothering him. I think it also explains his slump. Has the team issued any comment on what the injury is?

goldeneagle91114

• All American
Re: Howard’s wrist
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 08:33:53 AM »
No one else is real concerned?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 08:37:14 AM »
Team issued a statement last night and said it was a sprain.

And he played the second half.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 08:37:45 AM »
It has been discussed extensively in other threads.    Some believe that it, along with his groin injury, are the main reasons for his late season slump.     Some think that his wrist and groin are merely excuses and then expand on everything else they believe to be wrong with him.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 09:15:10 AM »
No one else is real concerned?
I am. Just get rest for next week.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 09:17:25 AM »
No one here is talking how McKnight’s chop down on his wrist caused Markus to exit. This is a reason a team doesn’t publicize injuries.

AlienWarrior

• All American
Howard's hand/wrist injury?
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 04:03:45 PM »
Do we have any specifics as to what type of injury he has? ligament/cartilage tear? Bone injury?

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: Howard's hand/wrist injury?
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 04:08:17 PM »
I read sprain somewhere in a thread
No Finish Line

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 04:36:33 PM »
I get we’re all pissed. However the game is now over and nothing will change the outcome. My big concern is Howard’s wrist. This injury seems to be really bothering him. I think it also explains his slump. Has the team issued any comment on what the injury is?

Been concerned since the second it happened and stated so, with a lot of responses here that it was no big deal and he would be just fine.   
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 04:41:21 PM »
Sprain? very vague response. That could mean anything. Where's the MRI?

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 06:00:51 PM »
Sprain? very vague response. That could mean anything. Where's the MRI?

I know the school can’t release medical records. Sadly I feel like Markus is like a small running back in the NFL. Has great games, but just isn’t built to withstand all hits he faces through out the season.

With that said I hope we see the 2 PGs they are sitting out this year, bring the ball up the court next year. Hopefully that will help Markus weather the season better than this season.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 06:11:29 PM »
The school can release records with Markus's consent and they could easily get that if they wanted it. Heck, Markus has been very open about mental health issues, so he isn't gonna freak out if people see his wrist MRIs.

But MU is being vague because they aren't required to release specifics, and don't want to give future opponents anything more to use for game-planning.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 06:19:45 PM »
The school can release records with Markus's consent and they could easily get that if they wanted it. Heck, Markus has been very open about mental health issues, so he isn't gonna freak out if people see his wrist MRIs.

But MU is being vague because they aren't required to release specifics, and don't want to give future opponents anything more to use for game-planning.

And because jobbers like McKnight know where to employ the Hai Karate chop.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 06:24:41 PM »
It has been discussed extensively in other threads.    Some believe that it, along with his groin injury, are the main reasons for his late season slump.     Some think that his wrist and groin are merely excuses and then expand on everything else they believe to be wrong with him.   
It's just as likely they are correct as anyone else.  What injury did we blame the slump early in the year on?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 06:27:36 PM »
It's just as likely they are correct as anyone else.  What injury did we blame the slump early in the year on?

Greg's thumb.... ;)

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 06:35:00 PM »
I also struggle to believe a bad wrist effects a release on a FT...he was just off.  If he could have shot a few less shots...had a solid assist to turnover ratio...we win the game.  Have to have an impact when you arent playing well.

murara1994

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 06:46:50 PM »
I would also wonder if the knock on the head early in game affected his performance. Even if not concusses, out of sorts?

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 07:03:00 PM »
Markus may have a lingering groin injury, and his non-shooting wrist certainly seems to be in bad shape.  That said, I don’t believe either of these maladies would cause him to miss a game even if the stakes weren’t as high as they’ve been down the stretch.  Despite being banged up, since the Nova game he’s scored 33 against Creighton, 30 against the Johnnies, and took 25 shots vs. Georgetown, all while playing max minutes.  If we bow out in the first round of the Tournament, the only people using injuries as an excuse will be here on Scoop.

Markus is a tough kid and he’s been my favorite player to watch since Wade.  Let’s hope his shots fall next weekend, because he’s certainly going to take his share.  As he should.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2019, 07:09:56 PM »
Markus may have a lingering groin injury, and his non-shooting wrist certainly seems to be in bad shape.  That said, I don’t believe either of these maladies would cause him to miss a game even if the stakes weren’t as high as they’ve been down the stretch.  Despite being banged up, since the Nova game he’s scored 33 against Creighton, 30 against the Johnnies, and took 25 shots vs. Georgetown, all while playing max minutes.  If we bow out in the first round of the Tournament, the only people using injuries as an excuse will be here on Scoop.

Markus is a tough kid and he’s been my favorite player to watch since Wade.  Let’s hope his shots fall next weekend, because he’s certainly going to take his share.  As he should.
Won’t have BE refs.  All that bumping will be called in the NCAAs.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2019, 07:30:33 PM »

It was called in the last five minutes last night.  Markus got to the line pretty much every time he drove.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2019, 07:43:39 PM »
Markus is so banged up. He's tough. The guy takes a beating every game and still came out of the tunnel. I completely believe he'd be more effective even a bit closer to 90-100%.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2019, 10:10:39 PM »

This guy gets it.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2019, 10:55:56 PM »
the footage on FS1 when he was heading back to the locker room almost looked like he was pushing on the back of his hand above the wrist and on the pinky side.  An outer hand sprain?  Maybe DPT can clarify what I'm tryin' to say.  Or it could be more in the wrist with pain shooting down his hand.  (Holiday Inn Express, and stuff).

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2019, 11:13:47 PM »
the footage on FS1 when he was heading back to the locker room almost looked like he was pushing on the back of his hand above the wrist and on the pinky side.  An outer hand sprain?  Maybe DPT can clarify what I'm tryin' to say.  Or it could be more in the wrist with pain shooting down his hand.  (Holiday Inn Express, and stuff).

Now that you mention it, I thought Fox’s decision to show that was a little much.  That was a private moment between the athlete and the trainer.  There’s such a thing as too much access.  I don’t think dramatizing a person’s anguish, especially an amateur athlete’s, makes for particularly good television.  Physical anguish, that is.  Showing a kid crying in the stands because their favorite team is losing?  That’s incredibly mean, but always hilarious.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2019, 12:20:24 AM »
Now that you mention it, I thought Fox’s decision to show that was a little much.  That was a private moment between the athlete and the trainer.  There’s such a thing as too much access.  I don’t think dramatizing a person’s anguish, especially an amateur athlete’s, makes for particularly good television.  Physical anguish, that is.  Showing a kid crying in the stands because their favorite team is losing?  That’s incredibly mean, but always hilarious.

This. As stunned they showed it.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2019, 12:22:18 AM »
Now that you mention it, I thought Fox’s decision to show that was a little much.  That was a private moment between the athlete and the trainer.  There’s such a thing as too much access.  I don’t think dramatizing a person’s anguish, especially an amateur athlete’s, makes for particularly good television.  Physical anguish, that is.  Showing a kid crying in the standstotal d-bag crying on the bench because their favorite team is losinghe thought his punk ass action got him ejected?  That’s incredibly mean, but always hilarious.

FIFY.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2019, 09:13:33 AM »
I think he was just off on his free throw shooting, and shooting in general.  If his wrist was affecting his free throws, Wojo could have easily had Sam shoot the technicals.  And with Markus missing as many shots and free throws as he did, I was surprised Sammy didn’t get the call to shoot some of the later tech shots.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2019, 01:48:07 PM »
Marquette's Howard: Wrist 'all good' for tourney https://es.pn/2Y9M7me
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2019, 01:49:15 PM »

He has to say that, I will bet dollars to donuts when this thing is over we are going to find out how truly hurt he has been, but not until the season is over.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2019, 01:54:48 PM »
Did anyone go to the open practice today?  If so, how did Marcus look?

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »
He has to say that, I will bet dollars to donuts when this thing is over we are going to find out how truly hurt he has been, but not until the season is over.

I wonder if playing him is dumb and/or dangerous?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2019, 02:06:53 PM »
I wonder if playing him is dumb and/or dangerous?

I don't think we would be doing that nor would he accept that.  If you mean risking further injury.  Timing has everything to do with it.  A few weeks ago, interesting question.   :-X

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 02:10:46 PM »

Full news conference.  Markus and Ja know each other from the CPIII camp.  Other than that, pretty boilerplate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoxVMRb8gMM

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »

Big East play has never been helpful in the NCAA tournament.  However, the exception proves the rule, Villanova has found a way.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2019, 02:34:46 PM »
Full news conference.  Markus and Ja know each other from the CPIII camp.  Other than that, pretty boilerplate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoxVMRb8gMM
Awesome thanks for posting!
No Finish Line

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2019, 03:09:49 PM »

No offense, but your record on "other shoes dropping later" is abysmal.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2019, 03:30:09 PM »
Big East play has never been helpful in the NCAA tournament.  However, the exception proves the rule, Villanova has found a way.

2011, UConn, Kemba Walker.   BOOM!!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2019, 03:31:29 PM »

So why would he take precautions with an uninjured wrist? Just wondering.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2019, 03:32:38 PM »

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out it is hurt worse.  From the taping the last number of games to the tunnel shot at MSG.  To his shooting %. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2019, 03:41:42 PM »
It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out it is hurt worse.  From the taping the last number of games to the tunnel shot at MSG.  To his shooting %.

FWIW, it wasn't wrapped on Sunday during the selection show.  I would think that if it was hurt really bad, they would keep something on it even when he wasn't playing.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2019, 03:48:14 PM »

Any true Warrior would say exactly this, even if it's still bothering him some. Hoping that it's mostly true!

As for the couple posters talking about this being why it's best to keep these things secret ... I get what you're saying but Markus was grabbing his wrist and shaking his hand constantly, and the wrist was pretty heavily taped. A person would have to be blind not to see his wrist was hurt.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2019, 03:53:18 PM »
So why would he take precautions with an uninjured wrist? Just wondering.

He said it was " all good" not uninjured. Months after a slipped disc I took precautions with everything still.

Related to wrists, wife sprained her wrist in a bike crash at about 20 mph and was pretty functional by day 8. So who knows.

I just hope he is like 80-90%.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »
As for the couple posters talking about this being why it's best to keep these things secret ... I get what you're saying but Markus was grabbing his wrist and shaking his hand constantly, and the wrist was pretty heavily taped. A person would have to be blind not to see his wrist was hurt.

True at this point.  I did hear some blow back on Fox for showing him during his examination in the tunnel. 

That said, SH (McKnight) did chop down on it.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2019, 04:06:36 PM »
True at this point.  I did hear some blow back on Fox for showing him during his examination in the tunnel. 

That said, SH (McKnight) did chop down on it.

Of course he did, the team is full of scumbags, a reflection of the coach

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2019, 04:08:44 PM »

FWIW, it wasn't wrapped on Sunday during the selection show.  I would think that if it was hurt really bad, they would keep something on it even when he wasn't playing.

He didn’t look taped up in the photos from practice today either

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2019, 04:27:00 PM »
No offense, but your record on "other shoes dropping later" is abysmal.

LOL.  It's been pretty good actually, just because you didn't get the one thing you desperately want doesn't change the overall.  By the way, he gone...those shoes dropped long ago. 

Don't confuse me with #donedeal. 

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2019, 05:19:35 PM »
Ya'll  sound like he was back here in Milw just sitting around....  No, he was back here getting the proper Physical Therapy and treatments he needed, daily, hourly, as needed.  Not like us regular people not having the resources or the funds to get the same treatment...  RELAX ! ! !   8-)

feedback