'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hall Game Thread  (Read 24033 times)

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
Re: Seton Hall Game Thread
« Reply #500 on: March 15, 2019, 11:16:06 PM »
Sam needs to take that shot. Proven it multiple times he can make that clutch shot. Markus at 1-14 should not be taking that shot.

EDIT: oh yeah, he was hurt too. Why tf did Sam not take that shot Wojo.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #501 on: March 15, 2019, 11:16:10 PM »

Yeah. I will gladly support our best player and the conference’s player of the year. I guess if that’s “dick riding,” I’m glad to go full cowboy on that.

Wrong.  Sam is Marquette’s best player

1-14 tonight, you think the POTY would realize he doesn’t have it, and defer to the guy who was caring the team

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #502 on: March 15, 2019, 11:16:58 PM »
Markus hero ball works 20-25% of the time. That's it. I feel we lose in the first weekend in a similar way. He is a great player no doubt. But the chucked shots he takes are not a good thing to rely on. Zero chance of an NBA career

Can we stop this stuff? Who cares about the nba. He had an off night and is obviously hurt. Wish he would’ve got the ball up the court a second earlier. Could’ve got it to an open Hauser. I really hated the three air ball Chartounnay took. THAT possession was awful. Game hurts to lose no doubt. Don’t know what to expect next week now. No clue.

southpaw9984

• Walk-On
« Reply #503 on: March 15, 2019, 11:17:27 PM »
I don't get why Howard took the ball up so slowly and shot a three. He was fouled for being breathed on previously. Drive it and get free throws, an easy layup, or an old fashioned 3 pt play. Luckily it didn't end the season. Time for redemption.

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #504 on: March 15, 2019, 11:17:38 PM »
For starters, I think Howard is playing injured.  Secondly, some of you are forgetting the way this team has played over the course of this season.

It’s been an ugly slide but if you think tonight was a normal game frankly you’re an idiot. If you’re trashing Markus now, do us a favor and unnatural carnal knowledge off when they start rolling, whether it’s this year or next.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #505 on: March 15, 2019, 11:17:47 PM »
Sam needs to take that shot. Proven it multiple times he can make that clutch shot. Markus at 1-14 should not be taking that shot.

yea well it's happened all the time. markus plays hero ball and is a ball hawg. not a clutch bone in his body

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #506 on: March 15, 2019, 11:18:00 PM »
Wrong.  Sam is Marquette’s best player

No he isn’t. Sorry.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #507 on: March 15, 2019, 11:18:04 PM »
Comparing Powell coming back to Reed playing injured is a disgrace

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #508 on: March 15, 2019, 11:19:22 PM »
\
flat out sunk. missed how many free throws and the 3. terrible all game long. he lost it plain and simple

For as much as cheeks calls people out for negative comments hes a classic do no wrong homer.  Howard choked harder on the biggest stage tonight than any BEPOY in recent memory.   Howard has absolutely sunk his own pro ball stock in the last 6 games.   Its actually really sad.   But you choke from the line like that you deserve some boos from diehard fans. 
Howard straight up lost us this one.    Hero ball the entire second half pissed it away in typical fashion

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #509 on: March 15, 2019, 11:19:35 PM »
Comparing Powell coming back to Reed playing injured is a disgrace

Who said that BS?

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #510 on: March 15, 2019, 11:19:44 PM »
Crazy ass, out of control game. We competed our asses off with a lot of guys not usually getting those minutes. We're going sweet 16, book it.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #511 on: March 15, 2019, 11:21:19 PM »
I was really impressed by how this team fought the dogsh-t officials’ calls. The ejections/non-ejection was an absolute game-changer and was incredibly demoralizing...and yet, this team came back from down 6 in the last minute despite all that . Didn’t love that last possession (didn’t we have a TO?) but I’m proud of how they handled the game. Really hoping Wojo has the nuts to call out the officials in post-game.

• All American
« Reply #512 on: March 15, 2019, 11:22:37 PM »
Fred

I am with you. That was a man’s effort. Truthfully, this might be program changing game.

I kinda agree with this. Lavin is saying something similar.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #513 on: March 15, 2019, 11:23:39 PM »
Can we stop this stuff? Who cares about the nba. He had an off night and is obviously hurt. Wish he would’ve got the ball up the court a second earlier. Could’ve got it to an open Hauser. I really hated the three air ball Chartounnay took. THAT possession was awful. Game hurts to lose no doubt. Don’t know what to expect next week now. No clue.
You can be a Howard fan overall and still hate when he gets tunnel vision at the end of the game. You have guys shooting 40% from three wide open but would rather take a fade-away. (not necessarily the last play but over the last four games)

Hopefully Howard watches the film and realizes even Jordan deferred to a wide open kerr

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #514 on: March 15, 2019, 11:23:57 PM »
For as much as cheeks calls people out for negative comments hes a classic do no wrong homer.  Howard choked harder on the biggest stage tonight than any BEPOY in recent memory.   Howard has absolutely sunk his own pro ball stock in the last 6 games.   Its actually really sad.   But you choke from the line like that you deserve some boos from diehard fans. 
Howard straight up lost us this one.    Hero ball the entire second half pissed it away in typical fashion

You and 141 never here after wins, only bash the program....you two are a jokes.   You aren't diehard fans, you are diehard pricks and nothing more.  I don't mind constructive criticism and I will say when a player has a bad game, you two are 100% one way and always that way.  Mods will do nothing to you.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #515 on: March 15, 2019, 11:24:40 PM »
You can be a Howard fan overall and still hate when he gets tunnel vision at the end of the game. You have guys shooting 40% from three wide open but would rather take a fade-away. (not necessarily the last play but over the last four games)

Hopefully Howard watches the film and realizes even Jordan deferred to a wide open kerr

Absolutely right

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #516 on: March 15, 2019, 11:27:33 PM »
You and 141 never here after wins, only bash the program....you two are a jokes.   You aren't diehard fans, you are diehard pricks and nothing more.  I don't mind constructive criticism and I will say when a player has a bad game, you two are 100% one way and always that way.  Mods will do nothing to you.

missed lasts nights game. makes this even more frustrating. feels like a 5 game losing streak to me. same problems exposed again tonight. markus just bad again. some guys play bad and don't kill the team, but when howard is this bad he tends to take the team down with him

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #517 on: March 15, 2019, 11:27:52 PM »

+1,000,000
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #518 on: March 15, 2019, 11:28:06 PM »

Sorry for rambling thought. You can criticize Markus. I just can’t stand the “yeah well he will suck in the nba!” Stuff. Who cares about that now. He’s a great college player for our team. That’s all.  But yes...he can be criticized when it’s appropriate.  Would’ve liked Hauser to take that shot.

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #519 on: March 15, 2019, 11:28:58 PM »
I don't get why Howard took the ball up so slowly and shot a three. He was fouled for being breathed on previously. Drive it and get free throws, an easy layup, or an old fashioned 3 pt play. Luckily it didn't end the season. Time for redemption.

You act like he would make the free throws

Guy Fieri's Dad

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #520 on: March 15, 2019, 11:31:14 PM »
For the life of me I can’t understand how our fan base rips on him like this. Just take a deep breath.

Then you have not watched enough games this year

• All American
« Reply #521 on: March 15, 2019, 11:33:09 PM »
Then you have not watched enough games this year

I’ve watched all but one. The crap he takes here is absolutely unwarranted.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #522 on: March 15, 2019, 11:35:12 PM »

BEPOY.   Second team all American.    Played most of tonight's game one handed.    Has never done anything but represent the university wonderfully.    And still the hate.     Says more about the haters than it does about Markus.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #523 on: March 15, 2019, 11:37:35 PM »
BEPOY.   Second team all American.    Played most of tonight's game one handed.    Has never done anything but represent the university wonderfully.    And still the hate.     Says more about the haters than it does about Markus.   

Exactly. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

• All American
« Reply #524 on: March 15, 2019, 11:40:11 PM »

Amen. It’s really strange.

feedback