Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo sets the tone...  (Read 9573 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Wojo sets the tone...
« on: March 09, 2019, 05:35:38 PM »
We can analyze this 100 ways sidways, but it's clear that Wojo sets the tone for the team before games, out of timeouts, etc.  He has nerves, they project onto the players, this program is a mess because of it.

Let's wipe the slate clean before it's too late and get this figured out.  The end of this season was a complete joke and is not in-line with the Warrior reputation.  We are better than this, and Coach Wojo, individually, is not.  COME ON!

tower912

• All American
Re: Wojo sets the tone...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 05:42:16 PM »
Play calling out of time outs is solid, even today.   Commitment to defensive principles finally took.   Team was mentally tough until two weeks ago.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 06:09:50 PM »
The tone is fine. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 06:19:41 PM »
The pace of improvement might be slower than many want, but the fact remains that we have been improving year to year. As long as that continues, I want Wojo to stay.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 06:20:45 PM »
The pace of improvement might be slower than many want, but the fact remains that we have been improving year to year. As long as that continues, I want Wojo to stay.
I generally agree with this and I’d add he continues to land recruits. I hope the patience pays off and there are signs it will
No Finish Line

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 06:29:30 PM »

In the year 2525, if man is still alive
If woman can survive, they may find
In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lie
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today
In the year 4545
You ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to chew
Nobody's gonna look at you
In the year 5555
Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
Your legs got nothin' to do
Some machine's doin' that for you
In the year 6565
You won't need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube
In the year 7510
If God's a coming, He oughta make it by then
Maybe He'll look around Himself and say
Guess it's time for the judgment day
In the year 8510
God is gonna shake His mighty head
He'll either say I'm pleased where man has been
Or tear it down, and start again
In the year 9595
I'm kinda wonderin' if man is gonna be alive
He's taken everything this old earth can give
And he ain't put back nothing
Now it's been ten thousand years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what, he never knew, now man's reign is through
But through eternal night, the twinkling of starlight
So very far away, maybe it's only yesterday
Songwriters: Richard Lee Evans
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 07:02:18 PM »
Play calling out of time outs is solid, even today.   Commitment to defensive principles finally took.   Team was mentally tough until two weeks ago.
Wojo called a great play out of a Time Out and Bailey just put it on the backboard weakly.

burger

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 07:39:26 PM »
WOJO has put it in Markus's ear and the rest of the team is that Markus needs to take over the game with 3 minutes left.....

That is just plain and simple.....Poor coaching.....

Especially when he espouses the strength is "the team"

Let me ask.....How/has that Markus thing worked out in any game in the last 3 minutes this year?????

Hmmm...Still waiting.....

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 07:44:54 PM »

So who is the collapse on? Coach? Markus? Sam? Seniors? Who?

Seems to me like a coaching catastrophe.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 07:48:24 PM »
win every day right wojo? absolute trash. zero confidence in this guy. season has become a disaster

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »

I especially like the two ATO plays in the second half where we got wide open layups and biffed them both.  Shame on Wojo
Or the 15 rebounds we fumbled until Georgetown picked it up.
Those arent on wojo kids gotta finish plays.  Could Wojo be better sure.  But we play nervously and cant, pass, catch or rebound far too often. Kids gotta make thise plays, winning teams do, losing teams do not
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 09:01:48 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Elevatorman

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 08:55:54 PM »
I remember being at games at the old Arena, and our Marquette coach being heckled by Marquette fans. That same coach once told me "never become a basketball coach." This statement came from a
man whos greatest passion was basketball. He eventually had enough of the negativity from the armchair coaches and went on to win another 461 games at other institutions. His name was Rick
Majerus and he was followed by Bob Dukeit.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 12:43:50 AM »
I remember being at games at the old Arena, and our Marquette coach being heckled by Marquette fans. That same coach once told me "never become a basketball coach." This statement came from a
man whos greatest passion was basketball. He eventually had enough of the negativity from the armchair coaches and went on to win another 461 games at other institutions. His name was Rick
Majerus and he was followed by Bob Dukeit.

Yep. The posts which appear above yours are from people with a right to express their opinions....but in the end, it is all just NOISE. Georgetown overcame a noisy building today...I suspect our guys and coaches will overcome this noisy fan environment as well. I’m betting they hear it, and I’m betting it actually fuels them in NYC and beyond. This 4-game skid has been tumultuous and brutal, but alas...it may just produce a perfect March storm.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 07:32:47 AM »
Wojo is to Mojo as Wario is to Mario

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 08:14:36 AM »
Yep. The posts which appear above yours are from people with a right to express their opinions....but in the end, it is all just NOISE. Georgetown overcame a noisy building today...I suspect our guys and coaches will overcome this noisy fan environment as well. I’m betting they hear it, and I’m betting it actually fuels them in NYC and beyond. This 4-game skid has been tumultuous and brutal, but alas...it may just produce a perfect March storm.
Reminds one of the old Dusty Springfield song "wishing and hopin"
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 09:00:55 AM »
We can analyze this 100 ways sidways, but it's clear that Wojo sets the tone for the team before games, out of timeouts, etc.  He has nerves, they project onto the players, this program is a mess because of it.

Let's wipe the slate clean before it's too late and get this figured out.  The end of this season was a complete joke and is not in-line with the Warrior reputation.  We are better than this, and Coach Wojo, individually, is not.  COME ON!

So rather than allowing a coach who has made progress, and a program that is in a far better place than when Wojo came in continue to grow, you’d rather tear it down and start all over again?? That makes sense??

I’m frustrated as all get out too by the last few games, but to ignore the overall picture, albeit far from where I’d prefer it be, and call for starting over makes absolutely no sense to me. Always interesting to see how quickly “ “Fans” jump the ship.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 09:03:52 AM »
Amen StillWarriors.People are idiots.If half of them knew what they were talking about they would be dangerous.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 09:06:29 AM »
If injuries t Sam and Markus are causing this collapse, then who do you blame?   It seems like Sams hip and Markus’s wrist or hip are bothering them.  Don’t know for sure but seems that way.  Then I blame none.   Plays called after time outs yesterday were the best of the year as I see it. 

So, let’s heal and win the next one.  I’m behind our team and coaching staff all the way. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 09:15:45 AM »
So rather than allowing a coach who has made progress, and a program that is in a far better place than when Wojo came in continue to grow, you’d rather tear it down and start all over again?? That makes sense??

I’m frustrated as all get out too by the last few games, but to ignore the overall picture, albeit far from where I’d prefer it be, and call for starting over makes absolutely no sense to me. Always interesting to see how quickly “ “Fans” jump the ship.

So how long do you want to give him?? 15 years?? It's been 5 freaking years...5 VERY long years...now he has his "best" team he has had since he's been at MU, and we get these last 4 games of complete and utter garbage?? 4 chances...4 to win the BE and the didn't get it done, EVERY single time. Do you have ANY idea what the odds of a collapse like this happening were?? VERY VERY slim. yet, Wojo keeps saying "it's on me", and has done ZILCH to fix it...he has no freaking idea how, that's the problem.

The program is in a far better place then when he came in?? Oh really?? Okay, so if you are just going by Buzz's last year...maybe. But how soon we forget Buzz's teams were regular participants in the tourney, made Sweet 16's and Elite 8's...That was 7 years ago...so is the program really in a better spot then it was then(minus the one year)?? It's not even close...You guys that love Wojo are ridiculous...you obviously have very small expectations for the program...make the tourney once in awhile and that's okay, right?? His "best" team ever can't even win the BE regular season, in a very down year for the conference, after having 4 chances to do it, and you think he's doing a great job?? It's time for him to go...Sam, Markus...they are Seniors they won't leave...the roster turn over wouldn't be that significant I don't think. Bring in someone that can get this program back to it's rightful place and not take decades to do it, like it seemingly is going to take for Wojo. The admin is completely and utterly clueless that they like him so much...the expectations for the BB program are sadly low now from the higher ups..Gone are the days of Cords and Father Wild that wanted MU back in the Elite of college BB...now we have...this.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

burger

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 09:39:55 AM »
Not to beat a dead horse......

Georgetown ran the "same set"  the last 15 times they had the ball.....

What adjustments did we even "attempt" to make????

Just explain that.....Are we giving WOJO another year to learn how to "in-game" coach????

With all the missed free throws.....Bad plays.....etc......We still had a 8 point lead with about 5 minutes left....

Georgetown coaching outcoached MU coaching,,,,,,15 times in a row.,,,,..

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 09:40:30 AM »

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lie
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today
In the year 4545
You ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to chew
Nobody's gonna look at you
In the year 5555
Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
Your legs got nothin' to do
Some machine's doin' that for you
In the year 6565
You won't need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube
In the year 7510
If God's a coming, He oughta make it by then
Maybe He'll look around Himself and say
Guess it's time for the judgment day
In the year 8510
God is gonna shake His mighty head
He'll either say I'm pleased where man has been
Or tear it down, and start again
In the year 9595
I'm kinda wonderin' if man is gonna be alive
He's taken everything this old earth can give
And he ain't put back nothing
Now it's been ten thousand years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what, he never knew, now man's reign is through
But through eternal night, the twinkling of starlight
So very far away, maybe it's only yesterday

QUIT PLAGIARIZING SH!T OFF THE INTERNET YOU CLEVERLESS A$$!!

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 09:46:41 AM »
Not to beat a dead horse......

Georgetown ran the "same set"  the last 15 times they had the ball.....

What adjustments did we even "attempt" to make????

Just explain that.....Are we giving WOJO another year to learn how to "in-game" coach????

With all the missed free throws.....Bad plays.....etc......We still had a 8 point lead with about 5 minutes left....

Georgetown coaching outcoached MU coaching,,,,,,15 times in a row.,,,,..
For better or worse, yes. It can’t be argued that he’s improved YOY as a coach albeit slower than we’d prefer. But if he continues on that trajectory combined with his established ability to recruit he can be a top tier coach. Here’s to hope
No Finish Line

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2019, 09:56:44 AM »
muguru and burger.Where were you when MU was 23-4?MU is 23-8.Going to be a 5 or 6 seed in NCAA.Go cheer for another team if that is not good enough for you this year.The real MU fans do not need negative nellies like you.I support the players and coaches.It has been a good year and next year is looking better.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 09:57:58 AM »
muguru and burger.Where were you when MU was 23-4?MU is 23-8.Going to be a 5 or 6 seed in NCAA.Go cheer for another team if that is not good enough for you this year.The real MU fans do not need negative nellies like you.I support the players and coaches.It has been a good year and next year is looking better.

If you don’t think fans have a right to be disappointed you need to pull your head outya ass. Put the badge away sgt fakefan
No Finish Line

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 09:59:16 AM »
Get off your high horse nickeldimer.Disappointed is different than taking shots at players and coaches.Get a clue