[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SHU-t  (Read 14134 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: SHU-t
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2019, 07:41:08 PM »
I'm really not sure what Wojo could have done but left Markus on the bench? But you don't do that to your leader.

Awful performance. Terrible game to sit through. Glad we're helping the Big East teams get into the tournament though! Next up, Georgetown.
And another frigging loss out our ass
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2019, 07:41:12 PM »
Maybe he can #GLeagueMe with his bro next year, but I'm tired of Howard trying to get his and killing the flow.

Lol, made me laugh

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2019, 07:41:35 PM »
Markus shouldn’t have been in at the end. The offense was rolling through Sam before he came back in.
I would add not giving Ed the minutes he earned was a terrible job by Wojo. And for the second game in a row Joey has gotten critical minutes late and absolutely killed us
No Finish Line

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2019, 07:42:00 PM »
This place should be a sh*t show the next few days.

Brutal game. Awful last 8 minutes or so. Plus minus with and without Markus has to be staggering today. Worse team with him on the court by a wide margin today.

I guess the only positive I can see is with Govan Georgetown doesn't really have the personnel to do the high hedge/double. And their guards are small so they shouldn't be able to successfully trap.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2019, 07:42:25 PM »
Please explain the substitution mistakes.  I am curious.

putting markus back in was a mistake. he has been a train wreck during end of game situations. definitely not a calming influence on the floor

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2019, 07:42:44 PM »
Other teams figured us out. Other coaches figured Wojo out. Wojo needs to find a way to right the ship here. We might be looking at a 7 or 8 seed if we keep this up.

I think 5 is the floor. But dear lord I hope we don’t try to find out.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2019, 07:42:59 PM »
Missed 17/19 down the stretch but most were very low percentage and bad looks. Team really lacked composure. Why were they shooting desperation shots at the rim with 1:30?

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 07:43:15 PM »
I would add not giving Ed the minutes he earned was a terrible job by Wojo. And for the second game in a row Joey has gotten critical minutes late and absolutely killed us

Agreed. Especially at the end when it would be helpful to have the better offensive big man in the game.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2019, 07:43:23 PM »
Markus shouldn’t have been in at the end. The offense was rolling through Sam before he came back in.

Sam missed his last four shots. He took more shots than Markus did down the stretch.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2019, 07:44:08 PM »
I think something is going on in the locker room.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2019, 07:44:46 PM »
putting markus back in was a mistake. he has been a train wreck during end of game situations. definitely not a calming influence on the floor
Frustrated fans say irrational things.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2019, 07:45:00 PM »
Sam had a bunch of looks and missed them, so did Joey so did Markus in the last 2 minutes
Goal is National Championship

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2019, 07:45:40 PM »
Missed 17/19 down the stretch but most were very low percentage and bad looks. Team really lacked composure. Why were they shooting desperation shots at the rim with 1:30?

no plan? no offensive plays? or the players aren't listening? markus loves to chuck at the end of games....it's bad

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2019, 07:46:54 PM »
Honestly, the team was better without Markus tonight. But f*ck it is disappointing to watch the team choke leads with dumb play. 3 straight head scratchers where they just fell apart in the last five minutes.

Doesn't look like a team composed enougg to make it out of the first round when the lights shine.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2019, 07:47:15 PM »
no plan? no offensive plays? or the players aren't listening? markus loves to chuck at the end of games....it's bad

Markus chucked once. He had a wide open one that he should take every single time. Stop being irrational.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2019, 07:47:46 PM »
You guys can blast me all you want, but I have seen enough...Wojo needs to go...but the administration is under the desk for him so it won't happen, but he is TERRIBLE. This is on him..PERIOD.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2019, 07:48:41 PM »
Frustrated fans say irrational things.

okay, you got me. Markus has been exceptional lately during end of game situations. a calming influence on the floor who values the ball and does not force things, but plays within the offense

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2019, 07:49:05 PM »
You guys can blast me all you want, but I have seen enough...Wojo needs to go...but the administration is under the desk for him so it won't happen, but he is TERRIBLE. This is on him..PERIOD.

What should he have done?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2019, 07:49:48 PM »
I think 5 is the floor. But dear lord I hope we don’t try to find out.

We're already at 26 in the NET without accounting for tonight's loss. I know seeding won't follow the NET exactly, but if it did, a ranking of 26 puts us as a 7. Add in tonight's loss and maybe one more in the BET to a mediocre team, and we could see out NET in the high 30s. Getting a 7 or 8 from that isn't out of the question.

I do think our resume is better than some of the other teams around us right now, so I think we're probably a 4 today. But this loss will hurt, and we may have to rely on some other teams slipping up for us to stay at a 4.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2019, 07:50:22 PM »
Team has lost the poise down the stretch they played with Jan and Feb.  That is what is most concerning.
But remember just like Creighton if MU takes care of the ball in the first half they have a 16 point lead at half and the 8 point run in the beginning of the second half puts the game out of reach. 
College BB is a guards game and MU was too reliant on taller slower players who are also go standstill shooters.  When Marcus isn't carrying us we become very slow.  On defense our guys can't keep other teams out of the lane.  Theo compensated for that but now he is either in foul trouble or the other team has figured it out.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2019, 07:50:28 PM »
Honestly, the team was better without Markus tonight.
There have been several examples of this all season. “Better” may not always be the operative word, but when Markus is bad he takes the whole team with him.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2019, 07:51:00 PM »
And LOL
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2019, 07:51:28 PM »
10 days ago, people were frustrated Markus wasn't getting more NPOY hype.  Worried he was going pro.  Same guy.  A couple of bad games.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2019, 07:51:48 PM »

+ a lot

This game was under control without Markus.  It started falling apart as soon as Markus came back in.  Maybe coincidental, but sure looked like the difference to me.

(Not taking away from Markus overall, just today I think he should have stayed on the bench)

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2019, 07:51:55 PM »
This team is a 5 seed after this loss. A 6 with a loss to Georgetown and still a 6 if we lose in the first round. You have to keep in mind that teams behind us lost a lot of games after the selection reveal and we went 4-0 during that stretch. We could still be a 4 with this loss. I am as pissed off as anyone but we still have a solid resume. I think the worst seed we can get at this point is a 6 and that would mean losing out.