Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue Jay Way  (Read 16748 times)

tower912

• All American
Blue Jay Way
« on: March 03, 2019, 03:58:53 PM »
1.   First, let me say that I was extremely impressed with Creighton's defense.    They 'Jordan-ruled' Markus, double teaming him everywhere, daring any other MU player to beat them.    Then, whenever MU drove or got the ball in the corner, Creighton trapped aggressively and then jumped passing lanes.  Quick hands on reach ins.    Finally, they took advantage of every weak pass.    Of which there were many.   
2.   It was a bad day if your last name was Hauser.   
3.  Markus got his.   
4.   Every other player was passive and careless and weak on offense.  Every.   Other.   Player.     
5.   Stripped in open court.    Careless passes.   Shot clock violations after passing up shots in the lane. 
6.  Probably the most disappointing game of the year from my perspective. 
7. Usually, a team gets the result it deserves.    Marquette got the result it deserved today.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NickelDimer

• All American
Re: Blue Jay Way
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 04:00:13 PM »
Worst loss of the season and that’s not hyperbole. No way Joey should’ve been in down the stretch turning it  over every time he touched the ball. This team has no idea how to take care of the ball.
No Finish Line

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 04:00:42 PM »
Out-hustled by 1000% at home.

Worst effort since Indiana.

Shameful.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 04:01:08 PM »
Why didn’t Cain play?  I really don’t understand.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 04:01:26 PM »
Every season we have a WTF conference loss. We held it off until game #16. Take it, learn from it, beat the hell outta Seton Hall on Wednesday.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 04:01:37 PM »
To be able to clinch a share of the big east title and then today to at the very least hold serve in first they really pissed it away. 22 turnovers is ridiculous. I dont know what else to say except that that was pathetic basketball. 2 games in the row up 4 and 5 at the 5 minute mark and then don't hit any fgs the rest of either game.

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 04:01:44 PM »
Joey forever tarnished the Hauser family name

Most players have TO's from just being too aggressive. Maybe a little dumb.

His are absolutely unexplainable. Like not even a 2nd grader would make.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 04:01:47 PM »
That was unnatural carnal knowledgeing terrible. What a unnatural carnal knowledgeing joke. Where is the intensity? The focus? Jesus christ.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 04:02:01 PM »
TOs, TOs, TOs....

We gave this one away.

No excuse for playing so poorly this late in the season.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:05:11 PM by GooooMarquette »

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 04:03:31 PM »
Team better turn it around and fast or your going to be looking at a 6 seed for the ncaa touranment

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 04:03:49 PM »
Wojo did a really bad job with subs today also. Joey played way too much. Ed not enough. Even Sam needed some time on the bench. He needed to get creative with his lineups to find the right mix. Poor job today by Wojo
No Finish Line

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 04:03:53 PM »
Agree, this was their worst performance of the year. Shouldn't happen this late. Turnover city. Tough game coming Wednesday.

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 04:04:12 PM »
Team better turn it around and fast or your going to be looking at a 6 seed for the ncaa touranment

At this point I'd almost prefer a 6

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2019, 04:04:32 PM »
I’m not blaming this on intensity or hustle. 100% fault of lack of protecting the ball. Especially down the stretch. I mean Wojo had to pull Joey out for Bailey. That’s how bad it got.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2019, 04:04:54 PM »
Usually a double team means someone is left unguarded.  Amazed at the number of guys just standing and watching their teammate get smothered.

This reminded me of old Woj.  No answer whether it was a player off the bench or play to run.  Nothing.  Need guards that can penetrate.  Markus is not a facilitator.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2019, 04:05:19 PM »
Every season we have a WTF conference loss. We held it off until game #16. Take it, learn from it, beat the hell outta Seton Hall on Wednesday.

Was hoping for a BE title. This made us much more difficult

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2019, 04:05:45 PM »
This team needs athletes in the worst way. Turning the ball over 20+ times at this point is pathetic. Give credit to CU and Wojo showed, once agin, that he's a work in progress. Oh, and as for Howard, collegiate guards just showed how to neuter him. Don't book your FF airfare and hotel rooms yet, 'cuz the sole is rippin' away from da shoe, hey?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 05:42:25 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2019, 04:06:34 PM »
Usually a double team means someone is left unguarded.  Amazed at the number of guys just standing and watching their teammate get smothered.

This reminded me of old Woj.  No answer whether it was a player off the bench or play to run.  Nothing.  Need guards that can penetrate.  Markus is not a facilitator.
I said early on this was a game JC needed a lot of minutes to allow Markus to play off the ball. JC also was a good matchup defensively. Wojo did a very poor job with lineups today
No Finish Line

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2019, 04:06:44 PM »
Yeah, it sucks. But good teams lose and average teams rise to the occasion. They played great D and any time Markus tried to move the ball it was a challenge. Learn from it and win the last couple games. Nova could easily lose a game.

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2019, 04:07:00 PM »

Though time blaming this on Wojo. Someone has to step up. Everyone got run. Everyone but Markus was poor.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2019, 04:07:30 PM »
I said early on this was a game JC needed a lot of minutes to allow Markus to play off the ball. JC also was a good matchup defensively. Wojo did a very poor job with lineups today

JC had a possession where he channeled his inner joey and just gave the ball to the creighton defender without pressure.

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 04:07:34 PM »

JC played and was terrible.

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 04:07:59 PM »
Peaked???

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 04:08:13 PM »
JC played and was terrible.
Compared to who exactly?
No Finish Line

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2019, 04:08:20 PM »
I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge Krampelj made everyone his bitch.