Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] TSW Viewing Guide  (Read 8464 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
[Paint Touches] TSW Viewing Guide
« on: March 02, 2019, 01:00:34 AM »
https://painttouches.com/2019/03/02/2019-tsw-viewing-guide/

The last couple of years, PT has put out a "Team Bubble Watch Viewing Guide" to quickly identify the games that impact Marquette's NCAA chances. This season we happily have put TBW on the shelf in exchange for Team Seed Watch. We'll be updating daily until selection Sunday to point out the games that matter to Marquette seed come selection Sunday.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

fjm

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] TSW Viewing Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 01:11:00 AM »

The last couple of years, PT has put out a "Team Bubble Watch Viewing Guide" to quickly identify the games that impact Marquette's NCAA chances. This season we happily have put TBW on the shelf in exchange for Team Seed Watch. We'll be updating daily until selection Sunday to point out the games that matter to Marquette seed come selection Sunday.

Really awesome! Thanks for putting this together.

I am going to root for Penn state vs Wisconsin and also rooting for Butler vs Nova.

Otherwise I’m with ya on the rest.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 08:52:15 AM »
Really awesome! Thanks for putting this together.

I am going to root for Penn state vs Wisconsin and also rooting for Butler vs Nova.

Otherwise I’m with ya on the rest.
+1. At this point I want Nova to lose. I understand that this may have a slight effect in NET or Quad victories, but I think the BEast title is the immediate goal.
And I don’t cheer for Bucky.  I can’t do it.
I don’t have the ability to shut off my dislike for them and root for a victory, even for a game. Not in my makeup.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 09:02:24 AM »
Thanks guys.  I might add that MUs blogging and podcast community is outstanding.  For those of us who like to geek out, enjoy the provocative, and just basketball jones it, we should appreciate all their efforts.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 09:04:37 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 11:53:34 AM »
This is great!

Thank you TAMU.

I'll be cheering for Butler. I'd rather have a lower NCAA seed, but a conference title.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 11:30:07 PM »

Today was an alright day with 12/25 results going our way. Unfortunately, most of the 12 were the lower impact games that don't matter as much. Best results for us were Nevada, Michigan State, and Houston all going down. LSU, Kansas, and Florida State won by the skin of their teeth, would have been nice to have those .

Not a lot of games tomorrow but obviously a big one. Michigan and Maryland also could have big implications
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 11:39:54 PM »
Spectacular stuff, TAMU.

Thanks for doing the work. Then again, for what we pay you, it's the least you can do.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 08:08:28 AM »

The tone of the guide has changed from "how to get a 2-seed" to "how to stay a protected seed" after yesterday's debacle. Only two games to watch tonight, a pair of Big 12 matchups at 8 pm.
TAMU

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 09:14:05 AM »

The tone of the guide has changed from "how to get a 2-seed" to "how to stay a protected seed" after yesterday's debacle. Only two games to watch tonight, a pair of Big 12 matchups at 8 pm.

At this point,  the only outcomes to worry about are Marquette games.  Take care of business and Marquette will be a 4 seed.

A 3 seed would require Marquette to win the next two plus BET.  Seems pretty cut and dried.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 11:03:02 AM »
At this point,  the only outcomes to worry about are Marquette games.  Take care of business and Marquette will be a 4 seed.

A 3 seed would require Marquette to win the next two plus BET.  Seems pretty cut and dried.

MU does not need to win the BET to get a 3 seed
TAMU

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 11:52:26 AM »
MU does not need to win the BET to get a 3 seed

I guess 4-1  gives Marquette an outside shot at a 3 but it would require quite a bit of help.  Either way,  Marquette needs to win a lot.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 01:00:12 PM »
I guess 4-1  gives Marquette an outside shot at a 3 but it would require quite a bit of help.  Either way,  Marquette needs to win a lot.

Unless you think all of the teams in front of us are going to do better than 4-1, it's not an outside shot.
TAMU

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 01:52:05 PM »
Unless you think all of the teams in front of us are going to do better than 4-1, it's not an outside shot.

I still think Marquette is 14th on the S-curve.  But even going 4-1 means teams have to lose 2 or 3 games for Marquette to pass them.

Marquette's 4-1 won't be as good as other teams 4-1.  I think LSU and Purdue would stay ahead of Marquette at 3-1 or 3-2.  Computer numbers and marquee wins work in their favor, not Marquette's.

That leaves a very small window to get the last 3 seed.  Texas Tech and Kansas would both need to lose before the Big 12 tournament final, plus one other loss each.  And that's just to make to committee debate the last 3 seed.  Like I said, a small window.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 02:11:10 PM »
I still think Marquette is 14th on the S-curve.  But even going 4-1 means teams have to lose 2 or 3 games for Marquette to pass them.

Marquette's 4-1 won't be as good as other teams 4-1.  I think LSU and Purdue would stay ahead of Marquette at 3-1 or 3-2.  Computer numbers and marquee wins work in their favor, not Marquette's.

That leaves a very small window to get the last 3 seed.  Texas Tech and Kansas would both need to lose before the Big 12 tournament final, plus one other loss each.  And that's just to make to committee debate the last 3 seed.  Like I said, a small window.

I guess I just disagree with your definition of a small window. I don't think moving up 2 spots on the s-curve is a small window. I think we need to be one game better than two of the teams in front of us. Houston we probably only need to be a half game better than.

Regardless, this is why we're doing the viewing guide. Cause other results have the potential to impact Marquette's seed positively or negatively.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 02:21:24 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 02:26:32 PM »
I don't agree with your analysis. I don't think moving up 2 spots on the s-curve is a small window. I think we need to be one game better than two of the teams in front of us. Houston we probably only need to be a half game better than.

I think Marquette is 1.5 games behind the 3 seed line.  It seems you and I differ on the size of the gap by 1 game. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 08:18:41 AM »

Quiet day yesterday as both games went against what we were hoping for. Much busier night tonight with 9 meaningful games on tap.
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 09:28:07 AM »

Quiet day yesterday as both games went against what we were hoping for. Much busier night tonight with 9 meaningful games on tap.

Yeah, neither of the teams we wanted to win put up much resistance. Surprising to see a You Know Who-coached Texas team perform so poorly!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

palellama

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 04:33:32 PM »
I think tonight's guide is missing cheering for Oklahoma over Kansas (unless I missed it).

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2019, 04:45:27 PM »
Yeah, neither of the teams we wanted to win put up much resistance. Surprising to see a You Know Who-coached Texas team perform so poorly!

You can use his name: #donedeal Smart.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2019, 05:30:25 PM »

Appreciate these breakdowns.  I mostly agree with the assessments so far.

One small suggestion, if you're open to it, is improving the way the results are listed.  Right now takes too much looking back and forth, figuring out what loses/wins means for the results, etc.   Would help if it was a bit clearer.

Thanks for doing this!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 06:59:03 PM »
I’ve been following these games since this was first posted and....it seems we can’t catch a break. Frustrating.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 07:47:23 PM »
I’ve been following these games since this was first posted and....it seems we can’t catch a break. Frustrating.

Agree, now it’s all about MU WINNING and avoiding the fall. It used to be winning and other games gives us a 2...Now it’s all about what we do. Win out and win BET and I think we get the 3 regardless. Only 1 more loss and a 4. Everything else is a 5.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 08:41:05 PM »
I think tonight's guide is missing cheering for Oklahoma over Kansas (unless I missed it).

Wow. Thank you for pointing that out. Management regrets the mistake. I went in and edited the post.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2019, 08:43:05 PM »
Appreciate these breakdowns.  I mostly agree with the assessments so far.

One small suggestion, if you're open to it, is improving the way the results are listed.  Right now takes too much looking back and forth, figuring out what loses/wins means for the results, etc.   Would help if it was a bit clearer.

Thanks for doing this!

Always open to feedback. I'm having a hard time visualizing what you are saying. Are you suggesting that once the day is over we get rid of the old games and instead condense them into a summary of how the day went?
TAMU

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2019, 08:50:08 PM »

It doesn’t really matter.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

feedback