Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Magic Number: 3  (Read 10650 times)

1SE

• All American
Re: Magic Number: 3
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2019, 07:25:41 AM »
Honestly, I think he is more deserving of National Coach of the Year than he is Big East Coach of the Year, though that's dependent on how things finish. If Kevin Willard earns a big with a team picked 8th, that deserves serious BECOY consideration. But if Wojo earns a 2-seed with a team that wasn't even ranked to start the year, that seems NCOY worthy. I could see them splitting those honors.

Though if Seton Hall doesn't win 2/3, Wojo probably gets the conference award & consideration for national.

I think what we do with that seed matters quite a bit (or what we do with another seed). Earning a 2 seed but losing in the 2nd round not NCOY. Earning a 3 seed and making the FF is.

But it's nice to be talking about Wojo's NCOY chances instead of how hot his seat is.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

tower912

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2019, 08:08:13 AM »
His seat was never hot.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2019, 08:09:48 AM »
His seat was never hot.

Didn't stop Scoop from talking about it!

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2019, 08:18:29 AM »
There seems to be ALOT of a Final Four talk on the board right now. I get that every team has a shot (see Loyola last year) but I would just be happy to see this team reach a sweet 16. They have done well this year, now doubt. However, I feel like you need tournament experience, or a starting line up of all Americans, to make a FF run. The tournament is just a different beast.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2019, 08:22:24 AM »
Our starting line up is all Americans.  The only Canadian is Chartouny.

Yes, a few scoop villagers were lighting their torches and sharpening their pitchforks, but that doesn't mean that Wojo's seat was ever warm.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2019, 08:30:47 AM »
Our starting line up is all Americans.  The only Canadian is Chartouny.

I'm pretty sure Theo is a Kryptonian.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2019, 08:35:50 AM »
And the foul line is his Kryptonite ?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2019, 08:41:58 AM »
Koby is also from Canada and Ike is from Nigeria. #redshirtsmattatoo
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2019, 08:43:47 AM »
Not for tonight's biggest game of the century.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2019, 09:04:47 AM »
Didn't stop Scoop from talking about it!

Breaking News.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2019, 10:37:44 AM »
There seems to be ALOT of a Final Four talk on the board right now. I get that every team has a shot (see Loyola last year) but I would just be happy to see this team reach a sweet 16. They have done well this year, now doubt. However, I feel like you need tournament experience, or a starting line up of all Americans, to make a FF run. The tournament is just a different beast.

We've been ranked in the top 10 (ish) for the last 5 or 6 weeks. We only have 2 conference losses . We have a NPOY/Cousy Award contender. And we're alone at the top of the Big East. Seems reasonable to me for fans to be setting their sights high for March.

Sure, the tournament is a crapshoot, and matchups can make or break you (damn you, Stanford '08). But with the way we've been playing, our improved defense, our awesome offense, and all that Markus brings to the table, I really think this team can make a run in the tournament. If we don't move on to the second weekend, honestly, I'll be a little disappointed. I think we're actually that good this year.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2019, 10:40:01 AM »
We've been ranked in the top 10 (ish) for the last 5 or 6 weeks. We only have 2 conference losses . We have a NPOY/Cousy Award contender. And we're alone at the top of the Big East. Seems reasonable to me for fans to be setting their sights high for March.

Sure, the tournament is a crapshoot, and matchups can make or break you (damn you, Stanford '08). But with the way we've been playing, our improved defense, our awesome offense, and all that Markus brings to the table, I really think this team can make a run in the tournament. If we don't move on to the second weekend, honestly, I'll be a little disappointed. I think we're actually that good this year.

Absolutely agree, howver, i also wouldnt be surprised if we lost in the first or second round.  Ive had my heart torn out so many times.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
Re: Magic Number
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2019, 10:54:49 AM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2019, 04:45:37 PM »
Not aging well.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2019, 04:47:40 PM »
Not aging well.

Your posts are old as soon as you post them.

Not sure how a fact can age poorly though.

But hey you wanted to beat Providence instead of Nova so congrats on that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2019, 04:48:38 PM »
Your posts are old as soon as you post them.

But hey you wanted to beat Providence instead of Nova so congrats on that.

Yes when we were playing Providence I wanted to beat Providence since we weren’t playing Nova lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2019, 04:53:10 PM »
Yes when we were playing Providence I wanted to beat Providence since we weren’t playing Nova lol.

Which is wrong because our magic number would be 2 instead of 3 right now. Do you get that yet?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2019, 05:22:13 PM »
Which is wrong because our magic number would be 2 instead of 3 right now. Do you get that yet?

No, what you don't get is beating Providence did not guarantee a loss to Nova lol.  That's not how sports works.  Never has been, never will be.  Going into the Providence game I wanted to beat Providence because, well, we were playing Providence and not Nova.  You can't beat Nova when you're playing Providence.

The thread was stupid and is proving to be so.  The only number that matters is 1.  Get a win in your next game.  Everything else takes care of itself.  But hey, you tried.  "Magic number" was at 3.  There were 4 results that could've changed that "magic number."  Sadly it didn't.  Let's focus on the 1, not the 3.

Or we could wonder if the Big East championship trophy is going to be in the building for our next game...because that was a good thought too.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2019, 05:39:27 PM »
Of all the crazy in this board, you are the only person that drives me bat-crap crazy.  I don’t know if you are doing a bit or really believe what you are saying.

I’m just going to ignore you and be done with it.  Congrats on being the only person in my ignore list!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2019, 05:42:44 PM »
I’m just going to ignore you and be done with it.  Congrats on being the only person in my ignore list!

I don't have a dog in this fight. But I'm glad one of you finally did it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2019, 05:46:05 PM »
Of all the crazy in this board, you are the only person that drives me bat-crap crazy.  I don’t know if you are doing a bit or really believe what you are saying.

Congrats on being the bigger person/adult in this squabble! For that I hereby declare you the winner
No Finish Line

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2019, 05:48:31 PM »

Oh no! I’m so sad.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2019, 05:58:27 PM »
Not aging well.

I think I speak for the majority of the board here when I say

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2019, 07:33:00 PM »
Please put a nuke to this thread. Congrats Nova.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2019, 07:34:07 PM »
Please put a nuke to this thread. Congrats Nova.

Why do you keep bringing it back up then?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback