[Today at 12:28:22 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 11:39:07 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Rob dauster  (Read 3555 times)

Marquette4life

• All American
Rob dauster
« on: February 11, 2019, 03:03:10 PM »
Rob dauster is an nbc sports analyst. He posted a tweet saying Theo John is Marquette’s Achilles heel and sacar anim has finally turned it around to be the difference. I respectfully disagreed and now I am blocked. You guys should tweet at him all day long!

🏀

• All American
Re: Rob dauster
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 03:06:30 PM »
He's wrong?

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 03:07:27 PM »
Rob dauster is an nbc sports analyst. He posted a tweet saying Theo John is Marquette’s Achilles heel and sacar anim has finally turned it around to be the difference. I respectfully disagreed and now I am blocked. You guys should tweet at him all day long!
Me: "Honey, I have to work this weekend."
Wife: "Why...I can't watch these boys all alone"
Me: "I was tweeting @ Rob Dauster incessantly on Monday at the exhortation of a fellow Scooper."
Wife: "I want a divorce."
ME: "Oh."

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 03:09:01 PM »
He's wrong?
all I said in response was that Theo John was an elite shot blocker and sacar is the most hit or miss player we have on the floor every night. I believe what Theo brings to the table every night is a lot more valuable than what sacar brings

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 03:10:41 PM »

Maybe he meant it in the sense he cannot stay on the court consistently due to foul trouble
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 03:12:19 PM »
all I said in response was that Theo John was an elite shot blocker and sacar is the most hit or miss player we have on the floor every night. I believe what Theo brings to the table every night is a lot more valuable than what sacar brings

So when Theo gets in foul trouble nearly every game, wouldn't Theo become MU's weakness despite overall strength?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 03:14:52 PM »

But did you tell him that Sacar was the worst 2g by far?

I imagine the achilles comment involves how Theo is a pivotal part of our defense and his foul trouble is certainly a liability to that end. Fact is, Sacar really is an x-factor. Teams plan for the HHH team, so any benefit we get out of Sacar or someone else who steps up that night makes the team a force to be reckoned with.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 03:25:43 PM »
Yeah I'm also in the camp that I don't find anything particularly wrong with what Dauster said. If Theo gets in foul trouble our defense becomes a lot worse. Sacar has put together three consecutive games where he was a significant offensive threat. I've said all season that what we are missing is a slasher who can make defenses pay for staying home on our shooters. Sacar has been that the last three games. If he keeps this pace up and Joey can snap out of this funk, our offense becomes a lot more dangerous.

But I do think its silly when someone blocks someone simply for disagreeing with them
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 03:46:02 PM »
Wait - has anybody seen Theo today?!?!? Was he in a walking boot?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 03:54:09 PM »
Theo’s liability is not staying on the floor due to foul issues.  When he is in, he gives an intimidation factor, especially opponents when driving to the rim.  His offense has gotten better over last year, but he still needs to work on those short rim misses.  He also needs to back off with the “manly” poses after he makes a decent block, going to get teed up again.

Theo was great in the DePaul game, probably his best game at MU.  In the four games since, he really has not been on the floor due to fouls.  Morrow has stepped in pretty good in that role, but Theo is just better on defense.

In last four games:

Average minutes: 19, so that’s about a half.
Average fouls:       4, so that’s one every five minutes
Average points:     2.5 

He needs to just throttle back a little, like he has with not getting called for ball screens outside the box.  That was a big deficiency last year and I believe those fouls have been cut back significantly.  MU is much better with him in the game and he needs to be careful, maybe he has a DePaul replay tomorrow. 

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 04:06:47 PM »
Theo has the opposite problem from Brad Davison - while Davison can't seem to get any calls on charges, Theo seems to get all the calls on blocks.  He's just so imposing that refs believe he must have fouled.  Maybe he gets more respect as a junior?  Also, his enthusiasm at making great plays is being misinterpreted.  If he wants to flex and growl, he needs to turn around and face the fans instead of maybe just looking like he's standing over an opponent and howling in their face.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

muguru

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 04:41:11 PM »
I wish Theo had any kind of offensive game. In that regard, he IS an Achilles heel.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 04:43:17 PM »
So when Theo gets in foul trouble nearly every game, wouldn't Theo become MU's weakness despite overall strength?

Markus Howard is Marquette's Achilles heel because when he shoots under 30 percent from the floor the team is just .500.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 04:47:48 PM »
Markus Howard is Marquette's Achilles heel because when he shoots under 30 percent from the floor the team is just .500.

And he only gets the easy 40+ point games....

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 04:54:46 PM »
The truth is we pretty much seem to need one or two other guys rise to the occasion along with Markus to win.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 05:09:23 PM »

And he only gets the easy 40+ point games....

True. And for all the hullabaloo about his 50-point games, nobody mentions that he needed OT on both occasions to score that much. A better player would have led his team to victory in regulation.

Also, Marquette is undefeated in games in which Theo fouls out. Check and mate, Mr. Dauster.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 05:17:43 PM »

Also, Marquette is undefeated in games in which Theo fouls out. Check and mate, Mr. Dauster.

#secretweapon

I think we should keep Mr. Dauster out of the loop on this little tidbit. Wouldn't want word to get out....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 05:58:10 PM »
But did you tell him that Sacar was the worst 2g by far?

I imagine the achilles comment involves how Theo is a pivotal part of our defense and his foul trouble is certainly a liability to that end. Fact is, Sacar really is an x-factor. Teams plan for the HHH team, so any benefit we get out of Sacar or someone else who steps up that night makes the team a force to be reckoned with.

Your teal was unnecessary. You were just quoting a fellow Scooper who is often clueless.

Theo is not our "Achilles heel." That's ridiculous. He is a valuable player. Fouls are HIS Achilles heel. Thankfully, we have a good backup 5; another often-wrong Scooper thinks we don't need Morrow.

Dauster is a dope for locking somebody who doesn't agree with him if all conversation was respectful.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 06:06:00 PM »
Your teal was unnecessary. You were just quoting a fellow Scooper who is often clueless.

Theo is not our "Achilles heel." That's ridiculous. He is a valuable player. Fouls are HIS Achilles heel. Thankfully, we have a good backup 5; another often-wrong Scooper thinks we don't need Morrow.

Dauster is a dope for locking somebody who doesn't agree with him if all conversation was respectful.
thank you

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 06:41:54 PM »
For what it's worth, Dauster picked us as a Final Four team preseason and has stuck by that prediction, at least through last week's Friday podcast.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 10:45:55 PM »
For what it's worth, Dauster picked us as a Final Four team preseason and has stuck by that prediction, at least through last week's Friday podcast.

Maybe he's not such a bad guy after all.

feedback