* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Recruiting as of 9/15/19 by MUMonster03
[Today at 02:22:21 AM]

DePaul Continues to Confound by 79Warrior
[Today at 12:04:15 AM]

Jordan Sperber Newsletter by MUDPT
[September 22, 2019, 09:52:27 PM]

California to pass bill called "fair pay to play act"...to compensate players by Mutaman
[September 22, 2019, 09:31:20 PM]

[Cracked Sidewalks] Texas A&M & Harvard Previews by cheebs09
[September 22, 2019, 07:29:01 PM]

OT MU Women's Volleyball wins Nike Invitational by wadesworld
[September 22, 2019, 05:48:37 PM]

NM by GooooMarquette
[September 22, 2019, 02:55:44 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: A long offseason

Marquette
Marquette

Madness

Date/Time: Oct 4, 2019
TV: ???
Schedule for 2018-19
24-10

Author Topic: Heavyweight rumble  (Read 4713 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Heavyweight rumble
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2019, 04:43:16 PM »
Cheeks
Agreed on Paschal. Seeing him in person really showed how developed he is as man/player. He is the real deal.

Research Report

• Team Captain
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2019, 04:52:09 PM »
Yes, that would have been the nail in the coffin if Markus would have made that three.

I also thought that Theo's reaction after blocking Paschall's shot, (standing almost over / looking down on him on the floor), may have actually fired Nova up during their second half run. I love this enthusiasm and his role as a rim protector, but he needs to be careful in crucial situations as these days, it does not seem to take a whole lot to be assessed a technical foul.

I think it was the Buffalo game where Theo got T’d up for screaming in a player’s face after a dunk.  He maybe needs to reign it in a little if he’s in foul trouble, but overall, I love the emotion he plays with.  You need some badasses on your team.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2019, 08:04:16 AM »
I thought for the most part, Sam defended him really well. I remember at least three off balance shots where all I could think was "damn that was a tough shot."
This.  THought Sam's defense was very good all night.  Paschall's offense was just better.  He had to work for everything and made some very tough shots.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Feeling Super Duper Super
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2019, 09:29:08 AM »
I thought for the most part, Sam defended him really well. I remember at least three off balance shots where all I could think was "damn that was a tough shot."

Agree, Sam did well with and made him work hard.
"It's a crapshoot.  You have to be lucky."
Head Coach Roy Williams

UWW2MU

• Starter
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2019, 09:48:52 AM »
Yes, that would have been the nail in the coffin if Markus would have made that three.

I also thought that Theo's reaction after blocking Paschall's shot, (standing almost over / looking down on him on the floor), may have actually fired Nova up during their second half run. I love this enthusiasm and his role as a rim protector, but he needs to be careful in crucial situations as these days, it does not seem to take a whole lot to be assessed a technical foul.

One thing that was funny to me when Theo was standing over Paschall was that I swear I saw him make a motion at first to help him up.  Then he stopped like something clicked in his head realizing what he was doing, and then put on a mean/intimidating look after that.   I have to go back to watch it... but I pretty distinctly remember he started to reach out then pulled back to a flex.

HowardsWorld

• Team Captain
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2019, 09:52:24 AM »