[Today at 03:29:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Women’s Villanova Game Thread  (Read 4070 times)

drbchilds

• Starter
Re: Women’s Villanova Game Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 04:24:19 PM »
Any noteworthy chants to report?

This made me LOL!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2019, 04:40:07 PM »
Definitely not a sell out.  Maybe 2/3 full

That doesn't mean it wasn't sold out. I'm sure many STHs didn't use their tickets.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 04:43:42 PM »
No it was not sold out.  Good crowd though, in the 2500 range.  Zero students in the "student section"

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 05:46:19 PM »
Correct, not sold out. I bought a ticket online at noon. Didn't need to, as nobody was checking when I walked in.

Still a nice crowd though.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2019, 06:08:08 PM »
Attendance in box score was all of 2234 :( - still higher than it's been a lot of the season but a disappointment to me.  Two more regular season games left - Fri. 2/22 at 7P vs. second place Butler and Sun. 2/24 at 2P vs. Xavier (senior day) - would love to see the Al packed for those games.

There was a comment in here about moving up in the rankings.  I don't think they'll move up in the Coaches' Poll - they're already 7th there and don't have a better resume than anyone above them.  But they could leapfrog Oregon State in the AP poll and move to 7th in that one when it's announced tomorrow - OSU lost badly at Stanford Friday night.

Tomorrow night at halftime of the UCONN-South Carolina game on ESPN2 is the first announcement for the top 16 for the Women - will be interesting to see where they have Marquette.

I really hope Erika Davenport is ok - that's the starter that MU can least afford to lose.

Marquette at 12-0 in the BE has already clinched a first round-bye in the BET and has a 4 game lead over both Butler and DePaul who are tied for second at 8-4 - MU has one win over Butler so far with one more game to come and two wins over DePaul.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 07:05:34 PM »
Yes a disappointing crowd. There were basically ZERO students there!  What does MU have to do to get the students there?  Free food?  Pay them what?  Geez! 

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 07:10:25 PM »
Easy for me to say from a thousand miles away....

I watched the Friday game and the AL was pretty full and rocking

Saturday at FF was one exciting game with a lot of student energy.

Maybe the students were worn out, or needed to spend time on their studies by Sunday.

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 07:27:07 PM »
Great Marquette women’s team!

Great senior class!

I do think Marquette made some mistakes on ticket sales. They had it as sold out today and I know 8 tickets that would have been sold as our group wanted to go to the game.

It was fun to see them on tv!

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 07:42:15 PM »
Where did you see it as sold out?  I was having issues getting tickets online.  I called the ticket office at about 5 Saturday.  The recorded message said I could text the ticket office.  So i did, i asked if there were seats?  they said yes.  I said why can I not by them online, this is Sunday morning now, they said just go to the box office at the game.  So it seems that you cannot buy them online the day of the game?

Regardless MU needs to find a way to get the AL packed the last two games!

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 07:53:08 PM »
We tried online and said tickets were sold out and that only tickets could be bought needed a promo code. We called the ticket office but got a recording. We stopped there. With the weather we didn’t want to chance getting tickets to a sold out game.

There has to be a better way on tickets!

Go MU!

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 09:14:14 PM »
Yes a disappointing crowd. There were basically ZERO students there!  What does MU have to do to get the students there?  Free food?  Pay them what?  Geez!

They've done free food for students before and it doesn't seem to help a ton.  Honestly it's a problem pretty much for Women's Basketball in general.  Even UCONN who has had incredible fan support for years doesn't get all that many students at games.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2019, 09:16:08 PM »
Where did you see it as sold out?  I was having issues getting tickets online.  I called the ticket office at about 5 Saturday.  The recorded message said I could text the ticket office.  So i did, i asked if there were seats?  they said yes.  I said why can I not by them online, this is Sunday morning now, they said just go to the box office at the game.  So it seems that you cannot buy them online the day of the game?

Regardless MU needs to find a way to get the AL packed the last two games!

I'm sad to hear that people who wanted to go to the game faced these ticket issues.  I sure hope they get them figured out and hope there's a lot of promotion for the last two home games.  I want to see a packed Al for the last two games and if at least a quarter of those fans would actually cheer, that would be great :).

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2019, 08:11:32 AM »
Attendance- 2,234.

Not sure why some were saying it was a sell out. Before, someone bark back at me. Attendance numbers in all sports are tickets sold/given away.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2019, 08:32:38 AM »
If you tried to buy tickets online over the weekend you needed a promo code or there were no tickets available.

Several people thought it was sold out.

The ticket office isn’t open over the weekend. Apparently they will respond to texts.

If you can’t buy tickets online there should be better communication.

I do believe Marquette missed some day of the game sales over nmd weekend.

The women’s team is very good!

feedback