[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Net Ranking  (Read 27023 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Net Ranking
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2019, 09:55:55 PM »
Duke is a better team than Louisville so Duke HAD to win. Duh!

But really, who cares. All that matters is ...

WE won!!

We are (clap, clap) Marquette! (except guru)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2019, 10:22:26 PM »
+1, +2, +3

I pick the EXACT margin of the MSU-UW game and that's STILL not good enough for you?? After you were here boasting about how Pomeroy was more right then me in the TCU-Kansas game?? Don't have much to say now, do you?? GAME OVER Brew. 8 point margin...MSU. EXACTLY as I said it would be. But hey...Guru doesn't know sh*t, right?? Oh well.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2019, 10:25:11 PM »
Duke is a better team than Louisville so Duke HAD to win. Duh!

But really, who cares. All that matters is ...

WE won!!

We are (clap, clap) Marquette! (except guru)

That is EXACTLY why Duke won that game. Go Marquette!

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2019, 10:26:18 PM »
I pick the EXACT margin of the MSU-UW game and that's STILL not good enough for you?? After you were here boasting about how Pomeroy was more right then me in the TCU-Kansas game?? Don't have much to say now, do you?? GAME OVER Brew. 8 point margin...MSU. EXACTLY as I said it would be. But hey...Guru doesn't know sh*t, right?? Oh well.

Give me 20 predictions for tomorrow. Then maybe you'll have something. Otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2019, 10:28:06 PM »
That is EXACTLY why Duke won that game. Go Marquette!

Yep ... I was guilty of doing what I understand you and others do in the MU game threads do all the time ... assume a result before it happens.

Funny to hear a blind squirrel bragging so much about the nut he found.

In 2003, I predicted the entire Final Four and 7 of the 8 Elite Eight teams, and did so publicly in a forum read by 1 million+ people. So it's fun to brag about that ... but the following year I didn't come close to predicting the outcome. Then again, I don't know more about basketball than most Scoopers have forgotten.

We are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2019, 10:30:48 PM »
Give me 20 predictions for tomorrow. Then maybe you'll have something. Otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time.

Nope...You were ALL over me today about how Pomeroy was so f'n right about the TCU-KU game and I was wrong, even though I picked the correct winner and he didn't. Now, I pick the EXACT winner by the EXACT margin and it's not enough for you?? Hypocritical much?? Whatever fits your narrative Brew. You do you. Can't accept that maybe I know some things?? Is that the problem?? How about credit where it's due?? You did it for your boy Pomeroy.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2019, 10:33:51 PM »
Nope...You were ALL over me today about how Pomeroy was so f'n right about the TCU-KU game and I was wrong, even though I picked the correct winner and he didn't. Now, I pick the EXACT winner by the EXACT margin and it's not enough for you?? Hypocritical much?? Whatever fits your narrative Brew. You do you. Can't accept that maybe I know some things?? Is that the problem?? How about credit where it's due?? You did it for your boy Pomeroy.

You flipped a coin twice and act like a genius, even though Pomeroy had a better 40-minute prediction than you in the KU game. If you knew half what you claimed you'd prove it. You know you don't so you cower away. But hey, you do you.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2019, 10:47:42 PM »
You flipped a coin twice and act like a genius, even though Pomeroy had a better 40-minute prediction than you in the KU game. If you knew half what you claimed you'd prove it. You know you don't so you cower away. But hey, you do you.

Bullcrap! I didn't flip a coin..I knew..i KNOW college basketball..i can judge talent..i see things a lot of others can't. Pomeroy's model doesn't account for the absolute most important factor there is..TALENT. I don't need a bunch of numbers to tell me what PROBABLY could happen. I told you EXACTLY what WOULD happen and by how much MSU would win by..that ain't luck..it's knowledge and skill. Period. I don't live on probabilities..i live on FACTS. You think i randomly chose the screen name guru for no reason?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2019, 10:52:34 PM »
Alright, you see it however you want it. Tell you what then, let's make a deal..I will stop posting here altogether if one simple thing occurs : PEOPLE STOP SAYING "WE" when it comes to MU BB. Please, as much as I am not part of the team(according to you), then nor is anyone else here, so DO NOT say WE. Huge pet peeve of mine. WE implies you play on the team.

I dont think you understand. Some people here could dunk in high school
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2019, 10:54:47 PM »
Bullcrap! I didn't flip a coin..I knew..i KNOW college basketball..i can judge talent..i see things a lot of others can't. Pomeroy's model doesn't account for the absolute most important factor there is..TALENT. I don't need a bunch of numbers to tell me what PROBABLY could happen. I told you EXACTLY what WOULD happen and by how much MSU would win by..that ain't luck..it's knowledge and skill. Period. I don't live on probabilities..i live on FACTS. You think i randomly chose the screen name guru for no reason?

Honestly at this point, respect the troll

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2019, 10:57:09 PM »

20 games tomorrow or you know nothing. Put up or shut up.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2019, 10:57:37 PM »
NET ranking...
I love scoop  :P

Go Warriors, This team passes my eye test!!!

What’s the o/u on number of posts when a thread goes sideways?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:59:28 PM by warriorstrack »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2019, 11:25:04 PM »
20 games tomorrow or you know nothing. Put up or shut up.

Why do I have to do 20? Again you raved about how right Pomeroy was with TCU-Kansas..even though he said TCU would win..which was wrong. That was ONE game and you treated his wrong prediction like the holy grail..now i have 100% confidently and accurately told you who was going to win..twice..I didn't say probably would..I said they WOULD. In the one instance that I gave a score I said "something like 72-64 MSU". Lo and behold MSU won by..8. You really think i just guessed? That ain't guessing..trust me when I tell you..I KNOW things..that's not bragging..it's fact.

If I could expound on that more..I would..I would love to be able to share more of my knowledge with everyone here..sadly I can't.

My whole point of doing this was too hopefully get people to listen some when I talk ball..I really and truly do know what I'm talking about..I'm not always right(no one is), but I have been doing what I do long enough that I fallback on my experience. Oh and I really do love MU basketball..probably too much sometimes..but I'm ok with that  :)

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2019, 11:27:42 PM »
Honestly at this point, respect the troll

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2019, 11:34:19 PM »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2019, 12:06:25 AM »
Wow, I only ready page 1 and page 7.  Glad I didn't waste any more time.

So...NET is better than RPI huh?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2019, 02:07:11 AM »
Congrats Guru on predicting the exact margin of the Wisconsin/MSU game. You put yourself out there and you nailed it.

KenPom also projected the exact margin of three games yesterday. So he beat you 3-1 yesterday.

You were more efficient making your one shot but all that matters is the final score right?  ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:27:30 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2019, 04:49:42 AM »
Why do I have to do 20?

Because Pomeroy's model has predictions for every game, every day. 20 is only about a third of today's games (58) so it's not even that much. You're basically proclaiming yourself king after winning one category in prediction contest. That's just not how it works.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2019, 06:28:39 AM »
Wow, I only ready page 1 and page 7.  Glad I didn't waste any more time.

So...NET is better than RPI huh?

Guru>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NET>RPI>Crean>ND

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2019, 06:34:14 AM »
Why do I have to do 20? Again you raved about how right Pomeroy was with TCU-Kansas..even though he said TCU would win..which was wrong. That was ONE game and you treated his wrong prediction like the holy grail..now i have 100% confidently and accurately told you who was going to win..twice..I didn't say probably would..I said they WOULD. In the one instance that I gave a score I said "something like 72-64 MSU". Lo and behold MSU won by..8. You really think i just guessed? That ain't guessing..trust me when I tell you..I KNOW things..that's not bragging..it's fact.

If I could expound on that more..I would..I would love to be able to share more of my knowledge with everyone here..sadly I can't.

My whole point of doing this was too hopefully get people to listen some when I talk ball..I really and truly do know what I'm talking about..I'm not always right(no one is), but I have been doing what I do long enough that I fallback on my experience. Oh and I really do love MU basketball..probably too much sometimes..but I'm ok with that  :)

Neither is pomeroy.

But I guarantee he's right more than you would be if you actually made predictions like brew is asking

tower912

• All American
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2019, 07:08:00 AM »
I am guessing MU dropped after their 19 pt conference road win and Wisconsin moved up after losing to MSU. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2019, 08:30:22 AM »
This is getting better and better.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2019, 08:34:42 AM »
I KNOW things..that's not bragging..it's fact.

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2019, 08:51:01 AM »
Wow, 7 pages of this discussion when you just need to look at it this way, as was revealed when they released the top 16:

• NET is just a way to try to figure out how "good" teams are when compared to eachother (and of course no system is perfect)
  • Resume is what dictates who makes the tournament (or succeeds within their own conference) and ultimately is all that matters

You need the NET, or a standard system of SOME sort, to quantify the resume... However, ultimately you can be a very good team, but if you don't actually win, you won't go anywhere. 

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2019, 01:54:36 PM »

You buddies with Donald because he knows everything too.