[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Heavyweight rumble  (Read 12497 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Heavyweight rumble
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2019, 04:43:16 PM »
Cheeks
Agreed on Paschal. Seeing him in person really showed how developed he is as man/player. He is the real deal.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2019, 04:52:09 PM »
Yes, that would have been the nail in the coffin if Markus would have made that three.

I also thought that Theo's reaction after blocking Paschall's shot, (standing almost over / looking down on him on the floor), may have actually fired Nova up during their second half run. I love this enthusiasm and his role as a rim protector, but he needs to be careful in crucial situations as these days, it does not seem to take a whole lot to be assessed a technical foul.

I think it was the Buffalo game where Theo got T’d up for screaming in a player’s face after a dunk.  He maybe needs to reign it in a little if he’s in foul trouble, but overall, I love the emotion he plays with.  You need some badasses on your team.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2019, 08:04:16 AM »
I thought for the most part, Sam defended him really well. I remember at least three off balance shots where all I could think was "damn that was a tough shot."
This.  THought Sam's defense was very good all night.  Paschall's offense was just better.  He had to work for everything and made some very tough shots.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2019, 09:29:08 AM »
I thought for the most part, Sam defended him really well. I remember at least three off balance shots where all I could think was "damn that was a tough shot."

Agree, Sam did well with and made him work hard.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2019, 09:48:52 AM »
Yes, that would have been the nail in the coffin if Markus would have made that three.

I also thought that Theo's reaction after blocking Paschall's shot, (standing almost over / looking down on him on the floor), may have actually fired Nova up during their second half run. I love this enthusiasm and his role as a rim protector, but he needs to be careful in crucial situations as these days, it does not seem to take a whole lot to be assessed a technical foul.

One thing that was funny to me when Theo was standing over Paschall was that I swear I saw him make a motion at first to help him up.  Then he stopped like something clicked in his head realizing what he was doing, and then put on a mean/intimidating look after that.   I have to go back to watch it... but I pretty distinctly remember he started to reach out then pulled back to a flex.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2019, 09:52:24 AM »