[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NMD: Chicago locations  (Read 3384 times)

MarquetteDano

• All American
NMD: Chicago locations
« on: February 04, 2019, 12:16:27 PM »
Question for those heading out to watch game Nova game.  I see at Marquette website quite a few city locations.  Where are people headed?  I want to avoid Schoolyard as it will be too crowded.  Saw Cortland's Garage on list again but don't see many Marquette fans there.

Also see Fado but that is really a soccer pub.  Maybe ONeill's on Wells?

Where are people headed?

LoudMouth

• All American
Re: NMD: Chicago locations
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 12:28:51 PM »
Question for those heading out to watch game Nova game.  I see at Marquette website quite a few city locations.  Where are people headed?  I want to avoid Schoolyard as it will be too crowded.  Saw Cortland's Garage on list again but don't see many Marquette fans there.

Also see Fado but that is really a soccer pub.  Maybe ONeill's on Wells?

Where are people headed?

Really great pub that isn't too far and will be a great atmosphere: Buck Bradley's, Major Goolsby's, Who's on Third, Brat House, and of course the best option, Caffrey's.

It's National Marquette Day... get to Milwaukee

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 12:34:01 PM »
Not sure why schoolyard is listed...but I believe that has been closed for a little bit now.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 12:40:13 PM »
Not sure why schoolyard is listed...but I believe that has been closed for a little bit now.

I don't think Schoolyard is closed but I'm not sure it is a Marquette bar anymore.  I only see a U of I flag when I walk by.  Does anyone know if it still draws a crowd for Marquette games?

I'll be at the game on Saturday but was wondering for future games.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 12:43:08 PM »
I don't think Schoolyard is closed but I'm not sure it is a Marquette bar anymore.  I only see a U of I flag when I walk by.  Does anyone know if it still draws a crowd for Marquette games?

I'll be at the game on Saturday but was wondering for future games.

They claimed that they were going to keep up the MU bar aspect when the new group took it over. That being said they haven't been on a single game watching list till this game so maybe some local alum just wanted to host it because that was the usual spot?
Maigh Eo for Sam

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 01:03:05 PM »
I’ve been to schoolyard twice this season and my take is that the new ownership was unfortunately trying to move away from the “Marquette bar” label.
That said, it seems as if MU fans are trying to force their hand so maybe they are coming around to the logical idea of not changing it up.

The change has been a big disappointment tbh. 4 corners group had way better food imo and would set up some great MU gameday deals and give away some free gear, pins (beat Bucky variety) and other hype gear and it would be an amazing atmosphere.   

I’ve witnessed some awesome games there- several wins v UW and a few ncaa tourney wins,  most memorable being comeback v Davidson w Vander Blue layup- and some games that were heartbreak (thanks Lopez brothers) but the atmosphere was always awesome.

I don’t get why one would change gears from a large crowd of college students that give you great business during afternoon hours where you’d otherwise be empty and slow as hell, but what do I know?? Hopefully the fan base can will the place back to what it’s always been.

That said, I’ll be at the Serve. Hotel prices in mke area were 2-3x higher than norm when I booked nearly a month ago but otherwise I agree that Milwaukee is the place to be if you can swing it. This weekends type of NMD doesn’t come around often

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 01:07:08 PM »
Old Town Pub in Old Town is a newish Marquette bar that people have been going to.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 01:28:02 PM »

I am going up tp MKE for the weekend.

Schoolyard is no longer closed and is still a Marquette  bar.

Old town pub flies a marquette flag and Commonwealth is a decent place to watch.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

speri

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 02:41:39 PM »
A group usually meets at Peggy Kinnane's Irish Restaurant & Pub in Arlington Heights for National Marquette Day.

kaps77

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 05:31:52 PM »
Dumb question... Where can we find all locations for viewing this Saturday in Milwaukee (for those of us w/o tix to the FF)?
Been looking and not having much luck from my phone. I can find 2016 & 2017. For 2019, I only find the opus engineering viewing party.
Thanks in advance.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 06:55:52 PM »
Dumb question... Where can we find all locations for viewing this Saturday in Milwaukee (for those of us w/o tix to the FF)?
Been looking and not having much luck from my phone. I can find 2016 & 2017. For 2019, I only find the opus engineering viewing party.
Thanks in advance.

Pick any bar on 3rd street.

May I recommend who’s on third, brat house or buck Bradley’s.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  I like the Old Town Pub idea.  Going there...

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 08:39:13 AM »
National Marquette Day Info

http://nationalmarquetteday.com/

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 05:55:07 PM »
Legs Jr. reports that he went to Schoolyard with his gf and roommates to watch the game (not an MU grad in the bunch, but all rooting for MU), and Schoolyard is fully back to being an MU bar.  He said every TV tuned to the game with the volume up and it was jammed by game time.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 06:01:55 PM »
We were at Grandpa’s Place in Glenview. About 20 of us from the class of ‘81. Good times.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 07:03:45 PM »
Old Town Pub was fantastic as well.  Great service,  TV's, sound, and a decent amount of MU supporters.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 09:25:54 PM »
Anyone go to Marquette Kitchen and Tap?

The last time I went there to watch a Marquette game I was very disappointed in the effort that put forth.
Have some patience, FFS.