[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Travel help sought  (Read 16435 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Travel help sought
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2019, 07:58:57 AM »
If you can, I wouldn’t wear it unless I wanted to get punched in the face.

i understand it may be interpreted as offensive to some, but is this where we've come with our differences-a punch in the face or worse?  get in their faces, disrupt, punch...this is where we all need to find our "ignore" button even when interacting on the outside.  i just turn and shake my head.  when i make someone else's problem, my problem, it becomes my problem-stinkin thinkin will get you before you even know it 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Goose

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2019, 08:27:47 AM »
Crash

Usually stay at Grand Hyatt in Bangkok. Have had cocktails at Oriental years ago.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2019, 03:08:06 PM »
Crash

Usually stay at Grand Hyatt in Bangkok. Have had cocktails at Oriental years ago.

they must have named that after the theater on the east side of milwaukee, on farewell.   as long as ya know the secret handshake, sayin ya closed da oriental is kosher, eyn'a?  ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2019, 11:08:05 PM »
Crash

Mother Goose

I was always torn between the Grand Hyatt Erawan and the Oriental. Frankly, the Erawan has superior accommodations but the Oriental is legend.

There is a reason why the Peninsula in TST and the Raffles in Singapore are still hotels of choice - they have a story.

Nobody ever drops the Hilton or JW Marriott in HK names as a dick lengthener when trying to get laid or making points at a dinner party. But they do shamelessly with the Peninsula.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2019, 12:51:51 PM »
Crash

Have probably spent a hundred nights at The Pen in TST. It has been many, many years since I have stayed there, but always try to have Sunday breakfast or drink at Felix when in HK (like this wekend). Have been blessed in my travels and The Peninsula is high on my all time favorite list. Did you ever go to the cigar store at Mandarin Oriental on HK island? Great cigar joint back in the day. Always spent my weekend afternoons having a stick with the HK high rollers back in the day.

Grand Hyatt in Bangkok is a very nice place. Oriental has the style and class over G. Hyatt IMO. Over upcoming months Thailand and Vietnam are going to be my haunts. Looking forward to spending time there again on a regular basis.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2019, 01:10:07 PM »
Peninsula in Beverly Hills is tits, literally and figuratively, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2019, 06:38:10 PM »
Did you ever go to the cigar store at Mandarin Oriental on HK island? Great cigar joint back in the day. Always spent my weekend afternoons having a stick with the HK high rollers back in the day.

I have frequented the HK Oriental cigar bar and it is classic.

Having said which, the Cigar Bar at the Raffles goes it one better with its Single Malt Passport Club. I prefer the openness and lighter atmosphere of the Raffles - the Cigar Bar is palm fronds, ceiling fans, and white jackets; one can imagine W Somerset Maugham seated in a high backed wicker prepping a Cohiba for a post-dinner smoke to accompany his splash of Laphroaig.

At the end of the day, the Raffles-Peninsula-Oriental conundrum is a matter of taste. Ginger-Mary Ann anyone?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2019, 11:12:18 PM »
We ended up deciding to go to Bend after all. We're renting a house for seven us, and we're gonna have a great time!

My son and daughter-in-law won't be able to make it, which is unfortunate but that's life. We will go to Chicago to see them on a separate trip.

I appreciate the many suggestions, and I have bookmarked this thread for future reference.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson