[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Press Conference Wojo, Cooley and Hauser  (Read 3842 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Press Conference Wojo, Cooley and Hauser
« on: January 20, 2019, 04:20:51 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7_zHN2jFMd0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7_zHN2jFMd0</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/p-W_XCsruas" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/p-W_XCsruas</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yXgjEOHQnaE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yXgjEOHQnaE</a>

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

esotericmindguy

• All American
Re: Press Conference Wojo, Cooley and Hauser
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 04:31:44 PM »
Ed Cooley is my favorite coach. Guy is awesome.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 05:18:10 PM »
Ed on Markus: "I've had three back surgeries.  He's aiight.  Get to my age and have that sh*t..."

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 05:52:06 PM »
Ed Cooley is my favorite coach. Guy is awesome.

No bs with that guy.......

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 05:56:03 PM »
Great takes, thanks

LCDutchman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 06:15:26 PM »
I love how hard Ed's teams play.  I hate to see them lose except when they play MU and even then I have a hard time routing against Ed and the Friars.  Hard worken lunch pail basketball. 
In heaven Marquette always beats Wisconsin

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 06:30:52 PM »
Love Cooley.  He'll get those young guys coached up.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 06:34:54 PM »
I am a big Wojo fan.  I appreciate that he is always on message, always says the right thing.  However, he is so on message that I often can guess almost exactly what he will say. He could take some pointers here and loosen things up a tad.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 06:41:09 PM »
I am a big Wojo fan.  I appreciate that he is always on message, always says the right thing.  However, he is so on message that I often can guess almost exactly what he will say. He could take some pointers here and loosen things up a tad.

Of all the thousands of things that Wojo could decide to focus on, making his press conference comments more interesting should be just about last on his list.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 07:18:01 PM »

i'm a big fan of wojo's as well.  would love to see his jersey hung from the rafters.  he's a smart guy-dealing with the media is a tricky thing.  just when ya think they are your friend-wham!!  they will cut you with your own knife.  best to stay even keel and in charge.  not too high, nor too low.  one perceived bad decision and they will be on him like a bad suit.  he's doing fine
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 07:36:35 PM »

He's a young man, young coach.  He hasn't entered the I don't give a crap phase yet.  Give him time. Cooley doesn't have to work another day in his life.  With age, money and experience comes freedom to say a bit more.  He isn't there yet, but it will come. Hopefully at MU, and not on the Duke sideline.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 07:39:44 PM »
Of all the thousands of things that Wojo could decide to focus on, making his press conference comments more interesting should be just about last on his list.

But this is Scoop....

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 08:39:44 PM »
Cooley's really awesome. Nothing against wojo, but I do feel that no bs stuff would have a place here. Granted wojo's winning is the championship this year so why would we bother with a first weekend coach
Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 07:57:57 AM »
Always have been a fan of Cooley & Company. He is an asset to our league.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback