Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: PC thoughts (try to not be offended)  (Read 17141 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: PC thoughts (try to not be offended)
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2019, 05:40:28 PM »
Missed you in the second half of the game thread
Was having a burger
Goal is National Championship

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2019, 06:32:17 PM »
Chartouny leads the big east in highest turnover percentage at 34.1%, coming in at 10th worst in the nation as well. For a grad transfer PG who was expected to help lead the team, it's been a sad story so far. Feel for the guy, but he seems over matched and in his head especially in big east play so far.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2019, 06:46:17 PM »
Cooley is a great coach.  Threw everything at us that a team should in order to beat us.  They just didn't have enough talent and experience.

We won another ugly game.  This is extremely important.  We seem to be able to win many ways.

Threes were falling - from lots of guys.

Joe C is lacking only confidence.  Maybe put him in a Derrick kind of role for limited minutes.  Play D, Run the point, no risk, no TO's, shoot only if you must with less than 5 on the shot clock.  I think we could live with 4-8 minutes of that and give Markus a rest. 

Nice adjustments by Wojo.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2019, 06:47:41 PM »
I missed most of the first half. Caught the highlights.

Everyone remember when Theo got a T for yelling in the face of/in the direction of an opponent?

Why no T for diallo after he stole it, fast break dunk, then screamed in Markus' face and proceeded to step closer to Markus and follow him and continued yelling?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2019, 06:56:04 PM »
The team responded at the half. Really impressed with how well the team can adjust this year. Wojo definitely deserves credit for that.

This is a really fun group. Love the next man up mentality.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2019, 06:57:07 PM »
Good teams find ways to win ugly when they don’t have their best games. Outside of Sam I didn’t think anyone played overly well.

Ed should play the Robert Jackson roll on offense. Just stand behind the basket right on the baseline until a driver draws his man to help and finish the drop off pass. He’s very good at that right around the rim. He is not good at catching it on the block and trying to make a post move.
Yes—I said this a few games ago. Opposing teams are begging for Ed to shoot from 8-10’. When he posted up and faced the basket.....I said don’t shoot, don’t shoot.
Robert Jackson is a good offensive comp.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2019, 07:01:14 PM »

JC is not BE material.
Absolutely brutal. Not happening for Joe.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2019, 07:05:38 PM »
Was having a burger
Actually garlic parmesan buffalo wings.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2019, 07:06:15 PM »

Everyone remember when Theo got a T for yelling in the face of/in the direction of an opponent?

Why no T for diallo after he stole it, fast break dunk, then screamed in Markus' face and proceeded to step closer to Markus and follow him and continued yelling?

I was thinking the same thing. Diallo was feelin himself a little too much that game. Sam schooled him numerous occasions in the second half.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2019, 07:21:51 PM »

Joe C is lacking only confidence. 
Unfortunately, that is not the only thing he is  lacking. Poor shooting, ball handling, and poor passing come to mind.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2019, 07:24:52 PM »

There were a number of times Diallo seemed to get special treatment.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2019, 07:26:29 PM »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2019, 07:29:39 PM »
Unfortunately, that is not the only thing he is  lacking. Poor shooting, ball handling, and poor passing come to mind.
He’s going to have himself a game before it’s all said and done and it’s going to be huge....paging Mike Kinsella.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2019, 07:30:04 PM »

I said the same thing. Later, Diallo scored on Sacar.......grabs the ball as it went through the hoop.....and puts it in Sacars lap on the floor. No call.

DarkWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2019, 07:32:50 PM »
JC has been hard to watch but I trust WOJO in his efforts to rebuild his confidence. The kid has shown in the past he can shoot but his head is clearly a mess. WOJO needs to bring him back to a viable level if possible. We need him if he is even an average PG. There will be a point here WOJO may abandon the effort if it doesn't progress. He did have a nice defensive play under the basket today, sadly 10 seconds later he screwed up.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2019, 07:33:42 PM »
He’s going to have himself a game before it’s all said and done and it’s going to be huge....paging Mike Kinsella.
That would be fantastic. Anything he can do to move that needle in his direction would be welcome.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2019, 08:48:42 PM »
Ooze used to camp out along the baseline and emerge for the dump off and dunk, too.

You are correct - it was Barro, not Jackson. Jackson was a classic low post/back to the basket guy who was the final four team's second leading scorer behind D Wade.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2019, 08:56:40 PM »
You are correct - it was Barro, not Jackson. Jackson was a classic low post/back to the basket guy who was the final four team's second leading scorer behind D Wade.

Barro may have done the same thing but Rob absolutely played along the baseline behind the hoop. Look where he’s consistently positioned in our half court offense.

https://youtu.be/2IpOoIOFqdg
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2019, 09:16:45 PM »

They both did.  Crean spoke about the name they had for the play, but it was by design for Jackson to camp out under the basket.  Not to suggest he didn't also have back to basket moves, but Jackson did that play often.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2019, 09:35:31 PM »
They both did.  Crean spoke about the name they had for the play, but it was by design for Jackson to camp out under the basket.  Not to suggest he didn't also have back to basket moves, but Jackson did that play often.

Jackson was a high scoring low post big man (a good deal of our offense ran through him) who occasionally was positioned behind the basket. That's not who Morrow is (or at least should be). I agree with Wades that he would be more effective if he was pretty much camped out behind the basket like Barro was.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2019, 09:38:20 PM »
Love hearing the announcer go .......”sam hauser......from his brother”.  After a score. Must be super fun for those boys

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2019, 10:06:05 PM »
Barro may have done the same thing but Rob absolutely played along the baseline behind the hoop. Look where he’s consistently positioned in our half court offense.

https://youtu.be/2IpOoIOFqdg

Traditional low post, occasionally comes out to the high post for a pick.  When the ball rotates away from him or Wade drives the ball he'll sometimes slip into the alley behind the basket but he doesn't camp out there like Barro did. That's because he was an integral part of the offense and not just a guy in there for put backs or a drive and dish. Unlike Barro or Morrow, Jackson had a lot of moves in the low post.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2019, 10:25:47 PM »
I said the same thing. Later, Diallo scored on Sacar.......grabs the ball as it went through the hoop.....and puts it in Sacars lap on the floor. No call.

Diallo also is the one who insert himself into the pile and got in Morrow's face leading to the T.  Dude was a tremendous a** all game.  Not even in the "man, he's tough but would love to have him", just a complete douche.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2019, 10:29:40 PM »
Jackson was a high scoring low post big man (a good deal of our offense ran through him) who occasionally was positioned behind the basket. That's not who Morrow is (or at least should be). I agree with Wades that he would be more effective if he was pretty much camped out behind the basket like Barro was.

Agree with you Barro did it more, and that Jackson had some good low post moves.  Both were positioned down there, Barro probably more due to his limitations.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2019, 10:37:18 PM »
Diallo also is the one who insert himself into the pile and got in Morrow's face leading to the T.  Dude was a tremendous a** all game.  Not even in the "man, he's tough but would love to have him", just a complete douche.

I thought the same. I was pretty surprised. I didn’t remember anything about him being like that. I respect his game but he for sure should have gotten a T on that dunk.

feedback