[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by THRILLHO
[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: DePaul?  (Read 2415 times)

goldeneagle91114

• All American
DePaul?
« on: January 13, 2019, 12:22:22 AM »
Beat St. John’s, at St. John’s? I can’t make sense of this conference.

6Under20

• Scholarship Player
Re: DePaul?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 12:30:11 AM »
No Ponds...

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 03:22:47 AM »
Give Laitao a lifetime deal

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 03:43:49 AM »

Considering how JLP runs that athletic department this is probably a realistic scenario
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 05:59:19 AM »
This is a much better DePaul team than any we've seen in a long time. They really should've won at Northwestern (led 57-42 with under 10 minutes), against Boston College (led 60-55 with under 2 minutes), and against Xavier (led 61-55 with about 5 minutes). All of those were at home. They also had a double digit halftime lead at Villanova.

I get that losing those games is a totally DePaul thing to do, but in the first three instances, they were 85+% to win in the second half. Give them three of those four and they are 13-2 (3-1) and right in mix for a bid. I don't think they'll get a bid, but DePaul is certainly good enough to be on the bubble and can give anyone in this league a good game on any night.

Even in their one ugly loss at ND, they were right there at halftime after leading most of the first half.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 06:59:25 AM »
DePaul is not a punchline this year.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 07:06:26 AM »
DePaul is not a punchline this year.   

Honestly, the key to winning the league will be not slipping up. Anyone is good enough to beat anyone else. It seems like there's a clear divide between the teams that are competing for NCAA berths and ones that are NIT at best. The bottom four looks to be Providence, DePaul, Georgetown, & Xavier.

If we could sweep those games, I'm confident we'd win the league. Those teams will get good wins along the way and be spoilers. Whoever manages avoiding the spoilers best will likely be crowned.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 07:14:59 AM »

All depends on whether or not Wintrust pays JPL's sister for Laitao to get a deal
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 07:19:15 AM »
Saw the result and did a double-take. Looked it up, and saw the Johnnies were without their best player, a guy who almost surely will be first-team All-BEast.

So there's that.

But I've seen some of a few of DePaul's other games and they are a better team this year than they have been. Even when they've sucked and we've been good, we've lost to them a couple of times. Anybody who thinks it's gonna be 2 easy wins this year ... not sure why you'd think that.

This is the most balanced this conference has been in years, certainly since it became the "new" BEast. There is no great team, and there is no horrible team. We already have seen several examples of the cliche -- any team can beat any other -- being true this season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 09:56:24 AM »
Honestly, the key to winning the league will be not slipping up. Anyone is good enough to beat anyone else. It seems like there's a clear divide between the teams that are competing for NCAA berths and ones that are NIT at best. The bottom four looks to be Providence, DePaul, Georgetown, & Xavier.

If we could sweep those games, I'm confident we'd win the league. Those teams will get good wins along the way and be spoilers. Whoever manages avoiding the spoilers best will likely be crowned.
yes—I agree. If you can survive these games we are looking great. With our improved defense I feel so much better than in years past.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 10:03:55 AM »
I don't think there's any divide right now.  Marquette, like any other team in this league, can win any game or lose any game. 

I agree with Seth Davis in saying there's not a great team in this league this year, but also agree that this may be the most balanced league 1-10.  Every game will be a pain in the ass and you better hope you win your home games.  Fun times.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

feedback