[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Seton (on the edge of my seat) Hall thoughts  (Read 13841 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Seton (on the edge of my seat) Hall thoughts
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2019, 09:06:45 AM »
Theo is a beast who has the potential to become a really good player. I would be happy if he talked a little less sh!t and let his play speak for itself. Putting him in a team picture with Maurice or Jae is premature at best.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2019, 09:17:57 AM »
IDK young Skywalker and I'm sure someone will come up with one but I'll throw out Maurice Lucas for ya; the baddest MU baller ever.

I've been watching MU a long time and I think ML is a good comparison. Been a while since we had a player like Theo.

One thing that I am struck by is how much he has improved. Think about how far he has come non conference last year, conference last year, non conference this year......If continues to improve like he has we will be talking about bad, bad Theo John(just like Leroy Brown) for a long time.

His presence is underestimated by other teams. SJU fans talking about him being soft is just them whistling in the dark.....

Ring Out Ahoya....Beat GU!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2019, 09:29:23 AM »
Theo is developing as you might expect an athletic 3 star big to develop.    JB was making Faisal Abraham comps when he signed.    He has to foul less.    And save them for fouls around the basket, not silly fouls handing the ball off to a guard.   Particularly with Morrow injured.    Matt is an experienced Big East center, but there is a reason he is now the third string center.    The ability to guard in space.    So, Theo needs to take the next step in his development and improve his ability to be physical without fouling.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2019, 09:42:08 AM »
Theo is developing as you might expect an athletic 3 star big to develop.    JB was making Faisal Abraham comps when he signed.    He has to foul less.    And save them for fouls around the basket, not silly fouls handing the ball off to a guard.   Particularly with Morrow injured.    Matt is an experienced Big East center, but there is a reason he is now the third string center.    The ability to guard in space.    So, Theo needs to take the next step in his development and improve his ability to be physical without fouling.

Agreed.

He has gotten much better at this as a sophomore than he was as a freshman, and I like to think he will be much better as a junior.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2019, 09:53:31 AM »
That has always been his issue, but I think his fractured/separated toe has left him with even less lateral mobility.  I think a healthy/seasoned Ike would make Matt 4th string.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:59:16 AM by Nukem2 »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »
IDK young Skywalker and I'm sure someone will come up with one but I'll throw out Maurice Lucas for ya; the baddest MU baller ever.
Bob Lackey The Black Swan
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2019, 10:17:18 AM »

Was just at Evanston the other night. His picture was right above the entrance to the gym.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2019, 05:20:54 PM »
Who had the toddler daughter they showed hundreds of times on the Jumbotron in the cheerleader outfit dancing around? Adorable, and definitely knew when the camera was on her!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2019, 05:26:46 PM »
Who had the toddler daughter they showed hundreds of times on the Jumbotron in the cheerleader outfit dancing around? Adorable, and definitely knew when the camera was on her!

Not sure, but I did see little Microbrew up there at least once!
Have some patience, FFS.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2019, 06:24:05 PM »
Sacar has shown his worth a lot this year. One of the unsung heroes. Great at getting to the basket and finishing. Solid on D and can rebound/make some passes. He's a big part of this team's success.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2019, 06:31:24 PM »
Sacar has shown his worth a lot this year. One of the unsung heroes. Great at getting to the basket and finishing. Solid on D and can rebound/make some passes. He's a big part of this team's success.

Played great 2 of the last 3 games. And he was fine in the other, just didn't score as much.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2019, 07:00:37 PM »
JB was making Faisal Abraham comps when he signed.   

...just for kicks...

Faisal SO: 4.7ppg, 5.0rpg, 0.9bpg (blocks to 1.9 as JR and 2.8 SR)
Theo SO: 5.9ppg, 4.4rpg, 2.0bpg
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2019, 07:04:43 PM »
...just for kicks...

Faisal SO: 4.7ppg, 5.0rpg, 0.9bpg (blocks to 1.9 as JR and 2.8 SR)
Theo SO: 5.9ppg, 4.4rpg, 2.0bpg

I am not saying you were wrong.   I am giving you props. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2019, 07:09:13 PM »
I am not saying you were wrong.   I am giving you props.

I know... just wanted to check the stats out of curiosity. I went to school with Faisal... first time I saw Theo I thought the same thing I did when I first stood next to Faisal.. "damn, this dude is built" (nh)

Theo's shot blocking has been better earlier than I thought it would... great to have him on the squad.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2019, 07:10:27 PM »
I know... just wanted to check the stats out of curiosity. I went to school with Faisal... first time I saw Theo I thought the same thing I did when I first stood next to Faisal.. "damn, this dude is built" (nh)

Theo's shot blocking has been better earlier than I thought it would... great to have him on the squad.

Damn old man, I barely remember even watching Faisal play.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »
  geezus man, now that wojo has us playing better "d", can he now hire someone to work on dribbling and passing?  20 turnovers is about 10 too many!!  at that rate, the fat lady could have been singin the "jump around song bouncin with the leapin lawyer
don't...don't don't don't don't

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2019, 07:25:33 PM »
  geezus man, now that wojo has us playing better "d", can he now hire someone to work on dribbling and passing?  20 turnovers is about 10 too many!!  at that rate, the fat lady could have been singin the "jump around song bouncin with the leapin lawyer

That reminds me of a question I have had about college basketball in the past concerning players who have deficiencies in certain areas:  Is there such a thing as "consultant" coaches that specialize in super-targeted areas like ball-handling or free throws?  And if so, are college programs allowed to bring people like that to work with a particular player?
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2019, 08:09:04 PM »

Why do you continue to do this when you know it is offensive to LGBTQ members on this site?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2019, 09:08:22 PM »
  mom-he keeps looking at me-he started it-no i didn't-yes you did-no i didn't-stop-you first-he touched me-no i didn't-yes you did-baby-no, you're a baby-sticks and stones...don't make me come over there cuz you'll both get a botch
don't...don't don't don't don't

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2019, 09:10:02 PM »
  mom-he keeps looking at me-he started it-no i didn't-yes you did-no i didn't-stop-you first-he touched me-no i didn't-yes you did-baby-no, you're a baby-sticks and stones...don't make me come over there cuz you'll both get a botch

What’s a botch?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2019, 09:11:02 PM »
Damn old man, I barely remember even watching Faisal play.

He was a gem when I worked in the felt.  His dad, as well (RIP).  Nice kid, amazing work ethic and teammate.  Chose Marquette because he liked our practice shorts.  Lol.  At least that is what he told the staff.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2019, 09:21:52 PM »

10-4 Brother Herman.

Lucas was an absolute nice guy compared to Lackey. Lcakey was something else and if not my favorite Warrior of all time, damn close to being my favorite. Very colorful character.

Seashells

• Walk-On
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2019, 01:10:55 PM »
NJ take on game: https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2019/01/12/seton-hall-marquette-basketball/2553364002/

They have high opinions of themselves:
"And Myles Powell (21 points, 9 rebounds) was the best player on the floor (again). They should be favored in the returning meeting March 6, and if they meet again on a neutral floor."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2019, 01:23:42 PM »
Not necessarily wrong.   I agree they will be favored at home. 

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2019, 02:24:50 PM »
NJ take on game: https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2019/01/12/seton-hall-marquette-basketball/2553364002/

They have high opinions of themselves:
"And Myles Powell (21 points, 9 rebounds) was the best player on the floor (again). They should be favored in the returning meeting March 6, and if they meet again on a neutral floor."

This is how they prove it. Have a better BE record than MU at the end...and beat MU soundly at their place. But until then, 1-0 Marquette.